News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Officially started the paint process on my clone.

Started by hotrod98, July 15, 2008, 11:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKCharger

472 R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 16, 2008, 12:47:28 AM
Then while going through the hundreds of Daytona pics that I have on my computer, I saw the pic of Mike (I think) driving the car that he had just bought from Dane. That clinched it. No other color combo affects me the way that the red/white combo does.
I know it's been done so many times, but there's a reason. It just looks good.
Here's the actual pic that made me decide once and for all to go with my original choice from the beginning. Thanks Dane :icon_smile_big:

Not me, my buddy (pictured) bought it from Dane and I traded my blue car with him three days later.  I miss it, that is until some white trash approaches me in the purple car and I think about how intimidating it was with the wing car.

I'm sure your car's gonna shine just like all your others Larry, anxious to see it done.  :2thumbs:  You have to be the only person I've seen actually finish one since Dane's yellow one.

mikepmcs

Larry, no crap, we get interruptions all day long, makes it hard to get the work done. Everyone loves to hang out at the body shop.(small town)

2. How the hell does that hanger stay so clean, ours looks like it has multi colored bed liner all over it.  Man, what a nice booth that is!!!

3. Real nice color, can't wait to see more pics!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

DuecesWild

Larry,

The pictures of what you have painted so far look really great !!  Everything looks well on its way to getting finished with your
Daytona Clone.  Can't wait to see it finished, I know you will plan to post many more pictures.

Thanks,
Terry M.

hotrod98

Remember what I said about interruptions...I managed to get the car final sanded on Wednesday and was getting ready to put it in the booth Wednesday night when we got a call that my mother-in-law had taken a turn for the worse and was back in the hospital and not expected to make it. We got up early Thursday morning and drove up. She did manage to get better, but is still in serious condition. May be a few days before getting back on the clone project. Ususally, it's phone calls and visits that slow me down, but this time it was a serious family problem.

As for the stand staying clean, it's a new one. I left the old one at the dealership and it looked pretty crusty. That Superstand rotating rack was one of the best investments that I ever made. It is amazing how versatile it is. You can bolt mirrors, fender scoops, whatever to it and angle it any direction. When I paint rear spoilers on it, I can tilt it so that I don't get unpainted areas or dry areas in the clear. I left most my old equipment at the dealership and bought all new stuff.

Mike, I remember the sequence of events now. I just knew that you had it at some point after Dane sold it. My car will look virtually identical to it.

As for the avatar, I don't have the heart to ask DS to change it again. He's already done a couple of pics for me.  ;D

More updates in a few days.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Brock Samson

looks great so far and I hope all goes well,..
maybe you can donate your avitar to Mike's Angrier...  :shruggy:

hotrod98

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 19, 2008, 01:24:48 PM
looks great so far and I hope all goes well,..
maybe you can donate your avitar to Mike's Angrier... :shruggy:

Thanks,
As for the avatar pic, DS could just black out the rims and add a fuel cell and voila..Mike's Mr. Angrier ride.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

It finally turned hot here in Arkansas. With the temps near the 100 mark, I won't be painting the car any time soon. It's not that I can't paint in this heat, it's just that the clear sets up so hard, so fast that it's difficult to wet sand and buff. I'll get back on the body work on the 69 runner for a couple of weeks and watch the temps.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Rene, How's your car coming? Here's your chance to finish your clone first.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

richRTSE

I think you'll be happy with red. My 69 R/T SE was originally triple green, stripe delete and I went with black...it looks good, but a pain in the a$$ to keep clean. If I could do it again, it would either be the original F5 or F6...

Rich

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, How's your car coming? Here's your chance to finish your clone first. 

you win.  :cheers: rite now I'm working  and partying . I've invested a lot of cash this year on my cars . so I'm working double hard on bringing the bank accounts up to a safe  and comfy place again  . then i can invest more money into my cars  but that fing nose will be on the car before the winter comes . tonite's my big bash and I'm excited ! the phone hasn't stopped ringing all day. this has turned into a great party summer and it will continue till sept. 7 of my friends have died in the last 3 years . none from drugs either just life and death caught up to them and there all younger then me . thats one of the reasons i bought my dream superbee from you Larry . life's to short not to have what you want . we don't know where we will be tomorrow . PEACE
Rene

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :puke:  :boogie: :boogie:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 25, 2008, 01:08:52 PM
QuoteRene, How's your car coming? Here's your chance to finish your clone first. 

you win.  :cheers: rite now I'm working  and partying . I've invested a lot of cash this year on my cars . so I'm working double hard on bringing the bank accounts up to a safe  and comfy place . then i can invest more money into my cars again but that fing nose will be on the car before the winter comes . tonite's my big bash and I'm excited ! the phone hasn't stopped ringing all day. this has turned into a great party summer and it will continue till sept. 7 of my friends have died in the last 3 years . none from drugs either just life and death caught up to them and there all younger then me . thats one of the reasons i bought my dream superbee from you Larry . life's to short not to have what you want . we don't know where we will be tomorrow . PEACE
Rene
  happy birthday brother have a great party

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :puke:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 25, 2008, 01:08:52 PM
life's to short not to have what you want . we don't know where we will be tomorrow . PEACE
Rene

AMEN brotha'.

A birthday boy huh?  Happy, happy Rene.  :2thumbs:  What is that, 21?  ;)

hotrod98

Wish I coould be there for the party. Glad you're not regetting buying the Bee. I know it slowed the progress down on the Daytona somewhat.
Even if I buy the two runners that I've found, thankfully, I already have everything to finish the Daytona. I hope to have it finished before we leave for the SEMA show in November.
The day we finish the daytona, we're pulling the bird project into the shop for teardown.

Happy Birthday Rene. :moon:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

you finished yet.................................... :whistling:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 28, 2008, 12:37:25 PM
you finished yet.................................... :whistling:
renee you still alive after that party !       

larry you done yet !        :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

BigBlockSam

Quoterenee you still alive after that party !       

barely two day hangover  :cheers:

hotrod98

I just walked back to the shop. The thermometer said that it was 110 in the shade. Way too hot to paint. I'm going out later to start getting the cudas and the runner ready for the Branson show in a couple of weeks. The paint work will just have to wait for now.
And I was so close.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 28, 2008, 02:41:56 PM
I just walked back to the shop. The thermometer said that it was 110 in the shade. Way too hot to paint. I'm going out later to start getting the cudas and the runner ready for the Branson show in a couple of weeks. The paint work will just have to wait for now.
And I was so close.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :nana: 
   i'm getting my shelby charger ready to take to the TDC charger meet in kentucky this weekend   

hotrod98

Stuart, You are going to Branson aren't you? I think that I have one more room. We're on the strip right in the middle of the cruise area.  We book most of the main floor every year. We're driving up on Thursday morning. 

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 28, 2008, 05:19:03 PM
Stuart, You are going to Branson aren't you? I think that I have one more room. We're on the strip right in the middle of the cruise area.  We book most of the main floor every year. We're driving up on Thursday morning. 
if i had the bird done i would , but since i wont i think i'm only going to hit charger fever in hutchison ks and the DSAC even in st louis monster mopar the rest of the season !i

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

wont miss it for the world , with the birdible  :Twocents: