News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Stock rockers, 9 1/4 pushrods ( 5/16 ) and no milling. Worked fine the 250 miles I could drive last year.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

CRAP!!!!!!!@#$%&^&*&^$)_)**()__+!!!!!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :flame:
:'(

AirborneSilva

I hope you get some good luck come your way soon!

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on September 08, 2012, 08:28:07 AM
CRAP!!!!!!!@#$%&^&*&^$)_)**()__+!!!!!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :flame:
:'(

Hahahaha, at least you make me laugh.  :yesnod:

Per

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

I done some thinking.  Please don't tell anybody, it might scare em.  If you have solid lifters, I think you just had a bad pushrod.  If you have hydraulic lifters, I think what happened was you had a lifter collapse.  When it collapsed, your pushrod fell out of position on the rocker. Then the lifter pumped back up, and bent the pushrod.  That's my conspiracy theory unless someone else knows who killed Kennedy. :shruggy:

b5blue

I've bent a bunch of push rods AND connecting rods in my day but not like that one shown.  :scratchchin:

Belgium R/T -68

I am ready for this years surprises, wish me luck guys so I finally can enjoy the project of my life.  :cheers:

Per

six-tee-nine

Hey Per,

nice to see you're still going on with it. And I hope you are a bit more lucky this time.

PS I've tried to mail you a few times about Mike's phone number, but you did'nt respond, so I thought you were in Sweden.
Can you mail or PM me pls?

Koen
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

b5blue

HI PER!  :wave: How are you? I'm almost ready to paint my car and install a new headliner!  :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

Here we go again.......... :'( :'( :'( :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :flame: :flame: :flame:

After installing new lifters and pushrods I discovered that the engine is leaking from the rear crankseal. I mean the "new" engine has 30 miles, why is this happening to me?
Sad thing is that I heard that aftermarket strokercranks can give this problem, anybody heard the same?

Anyway, just to pull the engine again  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Per

will721

Well, I've spent hours looking through this thread. Read every post, drooled over every picture, and soiled a few under garments watching the videos. This is one heck of a project and I look forward to getting a car and starting my own some day. Per, I have to say you are an inspiration. What you have done here with this car is beautiful. It also seems that your luck is almost as bad as my own. But through good times and bad you have pushed through to get one gorgeous 68. Truly wonderful.

As for the engine, indeed stroker engines do have a tendency to ruin crank seals. As well as premature failure of main bearing as they put alot of extra stress on the bottom end of the engine over stock alternatives. However the leak is most likely caused by the seals being dried out from lack of use. I assume the bottom end hasn't been touched much since the rebuild, and not at all since the bent push rods correct? As with all things mechanical lubrication is the key to a happy engine. Seal probably dried out a tad and the movement caused a tear. Be sure to prime before the next start up.

From a fellow car nut, I wish you the best of luck. Don't lose hope, you are so close to the light at the end of this long tunnel you should start applying sun block. Soon enough you'll have the fine machine you've worked so hard for on the road, where you two belong.
>>> Just your friendly neighborhood stalker! <<<

b5blue

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

The leak was caused by a hole in the engineblock  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Why is all of this happening to me? I will ask for some advise in the enginesection how to solve this.

Per

six-tee-nine

This sucks bigtime Per.

If the crack isnt too big a good welder should be able to fix this.

I saw the car for sale a while back, lost motivation after the trouble?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

will721

Don't give up yet per! It's not the end of the world. Cast iron can be a bit tricky to weld but it isn't impossible. Little work with a tig welder can have that right as rain. I would grind some of the paint off and make sure the hole isn't part of a crack. Might have to have it fluxed. If it's not just find a good welder and it isn't a big deal really.  :2thumbs:

Don't lose hope bud that's why they are called projects. I've been there before. As they say if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all. You have the car and that alone is doing better than me. These things happen, most people forget as gorgeous as these cars are they are fragile. They were constructed at a time when technology just wasn't what it is today. Sand casting and inferior metals were common place causing issues like this. It's why the cars have such bad body rust issues to begin with.

You are so close to the end of the build. But like climbing a mountain the last few feet can be the hardest. When you get there the victory will just be that much sweeter knowing that you persevered and made it to the top. 
>>> Just your friendly neighborhood stalker! <<<

bill440rt

Jeez, Per. That is horrible news. So sorry to see this.
Hope you get it fixed without too much trouble.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Well in 40 years of spinning wrenches that is a new one for me......on ANY block from any manufacturer.  :eek2: Some kinda casting flaw exactly at an oil passage.  :brickwall:   

lisiecki1

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 12, 2013, 04:06:43 AM
The leak was caused by a hole in the engineblock  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Why is all of this happening to me? I will ask for some advise in the enginesection how to solve this.

Per

If you don't have access to someone that can weld cast iron, might I suggest drilling and tapping the area for a 1/8 pipe plug?  No, it wouldn't be original; but the problem would be solved at home, with hand tools.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on April 22, 2013, 05:45:29 AM
HI PER!  :wave: How are you? I'm almost ready to paint my car and install a new headliner!  :yesnod:

Hi friend  :cheers: I'm fine with all my animals  :icon_smile_big:

Per

b5blue

Hey Buddy! Love the Beagles, saw one today hanging out of a cars window at a stop light, made me smile!  :yesnod: Good Luck!