News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Measurement Request: Radiator Support to Firewall on 2nd Gen.

Started by zerfetzen, July 22, 2008, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerfetzen

What is the distance in inches from the center of the top of the radiator support to the firewall (at that height, actually, the cowl) on a 2nd Gen or 69 Charger?  I'm thinking hard about ordering a new one, and just want to make absolutely sure that I weld it on to spec if I go through with opening my wallet.  I know that when these cars were put together, the tolerances were pretty wide, is it possible to get a few replies from different folks to see how much variation we 2nd Gen'ers have?  Thanks.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

Dave22443

I came up with just a tic shy of 41 inches on my '68.  Keep in mind though, this is measured at the center and thus places the tape in the deepest part of the windsheild wiper motor mounting dimple.

Does that help?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

zerfetzen

Hi Dave,
Thanks.  I ask because my radiator support is bent in a few places, so I don't have that as a reliable measurement right now.  When I put it in, I want it to line up with yours.  Thanks a bunch.  :2thumbs:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda