News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's Up With This Nosecone?

Started by A383Wing, August 03, 2008, 08:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2008, 08:46:24 PM
As far as any real evidence to date, it's a clone that was somehow photographed on the property.  Chrysler says they didn't do it and no one has brought anything forward except those pics to say differently.  All it means is that someone had access to the car and property.

Three words: Mod Top Daytona  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2008, 08:46:24 PM
As far as any real evidence to date, it's a clone that was somehow photographed on the property.  Chrysler says they didn't do it and no one has brought anything forward except those pics to say differently.  All it means is that someone had access to the car and property.
it was picture in the design lab also for years ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

its great there hasnt been this much action and debate in the wingcar section in a while    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :Twocents:

A383Wing

Didn't mean to cause a debate....  :popcrn:

Bryan (sounds like a few people here got their Cheerios pee'd in)   :smilielol:

Ghoste

Drache, I was quick to apologize to you for doubting the existence of the Mod Top Daytona but let us keep it in perspective to this discussion by remembering that it was not a factory Mod Top.
When evidence appears that the Watermelon Daytona is legit, I'll apologize for doubting it as well.  Until then, I'm still waiting for somebody to prove it.  Beuhler?  Beuhler?

BigBlockSam

Quotesounds like a few people here got their Cheerios pee'd in)   

:smilielol: :lol:   you made me spit my drink out , i needed that .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

Quote from: moparstuart on August 05, 2008, 09:22:23 PM
its great there hasnt been this much action and debate in the wingcar section in a while    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :Twocents:

That's cuz Larry's off boating.

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2008, 10:42:56 PM
Drache, I was quick to apologize to you for doubting the existence of the Mod Top Daytona but let us keep it in perspective to this discussion by remembering that it was not a factory Mod Top.
When evidence appears that the Watermelon Daytona is legit, I'll apologize for doubting it as well.  Until then, I'm still waiting for somebody to prove it.  Beuhler?  Beuhler?

Wasn't me who you talked to about the Mod top daytona, I didnt even know what a mod top was until a couple months ago  :icon_smile_big:

The reason I said it was BECAUSE it was not a factory top! No 70 Daytonas were made like that from the factory!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

pettybird

i'm gonna paint my '93 Ranger's hood black, throw a couple Home Depot-sourced "T" letters on it and call it a long lost Talladega. 

If it didn't leave the factory as a real car, it isn't real, unless it goes to a dedicated shop that has a constructor's license, such as Saleen, or the dealer's reputation is what makes the conversion special (Mr. Norm's, Nikkey, Yenko, etc.)  Then, though, it's a true dealership conversion and NOT built by the manufacturer.

need a better example?  the blue Hemi 500 from Florida that's been wearing Daytona sheetmetal since the 70's.  it sold for what, 80 grand?  that was a TRUE XX car, a TRUE Hemi car, but it wasn't a true Hemi Daytona!

70Sbird

OK Doug,
But isn't your Marty Robbins Daytona a rare original factory color option????
:nana:

Scott Faulkner

Ghoste

Sorry Drache, I got you mixed up with someone else (Charger Punk) there.  It's that west coast thing I guess.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 05, 2008, 11:04:31 PM
i'm gonna paint my '93 Ranger's hood black, throw a couple Home Depot-sourced "T" letters on it and call it a long lost Talladega. 

If it didn't leave the factory as a real car, it isn't real, unless it goes to a dedicated shop that has a constructor's license, such as Saleen, or the dealer's reputation is what makes the conversion special (Mr. Norm's, Nikkey, Yenko, etc.)  Then, though, it's a true dealership conversion and NOT built by the manufacturer.

need a better example?  the blue Hemi 500 from Florida that's been wearing Daytona sheetmetal since the 70's.  it sold for what, 80 grand?  that was a TRUE XX car, a TRUE Hemi car, but it wasn't a true Hemi Daytona!

not to mention , All daytonas and 500's came out of creative with rear window plug and shortened decklids,
  Thats the uniform  standard for these cars. If anyone comes on here with a clone with out a plug thats the first thing they get roasted for .
The dealership/ paying customer didnt want to do the body and paint work involve to make these 70 clones even look correct !

Cool history having the earliest clones thats for sure but not real factory cars ! 

62 Max

Ah,the joys of having a real car!  :popcrn:

pettybird

Quote from: 62 Max on August 06, 2008, 07:39:47 PM
Ah,the joys of having a real car!  :popcrn:

+11110298434636098252091743245098243765234509128375124234346985674596783245

moparstuart

I think the nose looked much better with the loop bumper and without the awefull strange shaped grille cut out .