News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

media blasting

Started by Highbanked Hauler, August 11, 2008, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Has anyone successfully used plastic media in a pressure sandblaster?? What i have is a used quarter that has been sitting in a damp garage for 20 years. the problem I have is there is a coating of surface rust on the inside of the panel.I scraped the undercoat off and its the same thing. I told the owner The panel should have been soaked before it was put on, now he finally believes me. Metal conditioner would take forever and sandblasting is out of the question because of warping the skin. Ideas???    Al :brickwall:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69*F5*SE

I don't think plastic media can be used successfully in a typical home pressure blaster. It sounds like a good candidate for dipping if you have a facility in your area.  Dipping should/would remove the rust and everything else.  A dipping facility may also be able to e-coat the entire panel.

hemi-hampton

If you can find a container big enough to soak it, Then soak it in Oxalic Acid & the rust will be gone. LEON.