News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What year Of Vega Hatch Is Needed For Daytona Clones

Started by purple70rt, October 22, 2005, 01:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple70rt

What year Of Vega Hatch Is Needed For Daytona Clones?  I know where 2 are but want to make sure they are what's used.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Old Moparz

Good question, & I was trying to find where someone may have posted info because I thought there might be 1 or 2 years that were a better choice for some reason. Dane should know, if he doesn't see this, maybe send a PM.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

purple70rt

I noticed one a few days ago while leaving a junkyard but It did not look quite right to me.  He has another also but it was in the back of the place and remember it looked like it would fit in OK.

bull

You need to PM DaytonaGuy. He's done about 6 clones using the Vega hatch. I've haven't seen him post here for a while but he started that "Daytona clones from around the world" thread in general discussion.

73-charger-383

k.......stupid question here.........are you talking chevy vegas???

I'm alot polish so forgive me, but i'm just a little confused.

bull

Quote from: 73-charger-383 on October 25, 2005, 06:17:40 AM
k.......stupid question here.........are you talking chevy vegas???

I'm alot polish so forgive me, but i'm just a little confused.

Yup. By the grace of God they are pretty much a dead ringer in every measurment to turn a regular Charger rear window into a Daytona Charger rear window simply by attaching some stops and dropping them into the rear window channel.

73-charger-383

k.........another dumb question........anyone need one??  I've got an old vega out in the pasture that's a complete pile, but the window is still there.  -----  I'm in desperate need of a t-handle shifter (just the handle) or a set of motor mounts to put a 383 in a 73 charger.....anyone interested shoot me a pm.