News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

decals instead of emblems?

Started by 1BAD68, August 19, 2008, 02:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

Anyone use decals in place of the charger script emblems on the sail panels?
Just wondering.

Ryan

not to sure why you would want to, but I dont see why you couldnt
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Mike DC

Maybe because drilling the mounting holes is a great way to cause water leaks? 

You could always get repro badges, grind off the mounting posts, and then use modern trim adhesive to attach them onto the panel. 

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 19, 2008, 10:12:45 PMYou could always get repro badges, grind off the mounting posts, and then use modern trim adhesive to attach them onto the panel. 

That sounds like a good idea.  I've never heard of doing that, but that is one way I guess.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Ryan

I dont think that would work. The sail panel emblems dont have the same curve as the sail panel does, and the studs when fastened down form the emblem to match the sail panel. Modern trim adhesive would not accomplish thish unless you had some kind of custom clamp fabricated.

Just drill the holes and put some urethane over the stud then put on the speed nut. No leaks
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Mike DC

I dunno. 

Some of the factory emblems fit their panels a lot better than others.

And some of the repro badges I've seen being made for old Mopars are even made of plastic type materials instead of the original style potmetal.  That might make a difference too.

I'm definitely a fan of omitting the mounting holes for the vinyl top chrome trim on the C-pillars.  Those things leaked water on tons of cars.  I'd rather bend/mess up some trim pieces than deal with water seeping into the trunk compartment over it.