News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bad valve stems

Started by 0X01B8, August 21, 2008, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

So, early this year I got some new tires/wheels, and one of them was going completely flat in about 5 days.  The problem was the valve stem.  Whatever - didn't think much about it.  Today this girl I work with brings in a letter from Discount Tire and they want to replace all her valve stems because of a recall.  So check it out - http://www.dillaircontrols.com/

I didn't get my tires from DT and haven't checked the rest of mine out yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same stuff.  Just a heads-up for ya.

-john

firefighter3931

John, the biggest mistake most tire monkeys make is installing the rubber pull thru valvestems dry....they need to be lubricated with bead soap. I learned this years ago working at a goodyear store as an installer.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs