News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona dreams thrashed........

Started by hemi68charger, August 25, 2008, 05:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well,,,
That's right.. Major put on hold..... The person who stated they were a definite buyer of my '68 barring inspection (defined by him to be verification of body stampings). Well,,, wouldn't you know it, it backed out because he bought the EE1 '68.. I totally understand the economics behind his decision, but don't say you're a "definite" buyer, get one's hopes up on something else and then pull the carpet out from under ya... I mean, I didn't publicly make the car available to anyone as a courtesy to him.. Guess I'll try ebay with the v-code and if that doesn't pan out, then I'll continue with the '68.. I'm glad I did continue with putting on stuff and having some fun with her....

Oh well, never trust brokers....

As the Daytona saga again continues...............  I know I know... it could be worse........................ But, my bubble definitely got burst.........

:shruggy:

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Harlow

Dude. Keep the Hemi. If I were ever in the same situation as you, I'd take a '68 Hemi charger over a daytona any day of the week.

That does suck about having the "definite" buyer back out like that though.

ran396

68 hemi charger rule .         best looking of all the chargers.       daytonas are all right but can't be driven as much as 68 chargers.

1969chargerrtse

I understand the pain, Daytona's rule. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

C500

Bummer dude. I feel ya pain....very frustrating. You'll get that Daytona eventually Troy.......
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

472 R/T SE

Well you're not the sole person riding in that boat.  I've had the carpet pulled out from under my wheels more times now than I'd like trying to sell my Challenger.  This spring as I was giving a potential buyer a ride to the bank to transfer money he changed his mind.  Another buyer sent an inspector over to do a pre-purchase inspection and then silence, sorta like what uthustler did.

I even PMed a local guy Friday who has been after my Charger for a while just so I could get that other elusive Charger.

Now I hear it's SOLD so now that I told someone I would sell my purple car and I know he wants it I have to tell him forget it.  My problem, snooze...you lose.  Sorry for the 'jack.

You'll get that pointy nose some day.  Your persistence will pay off eventually. :2thumbs:

Stupid question, but have you driven a wingcar yet?  I know with me sometimes I like the looks of something more than the driving experience.

General_01

Sorry to hear that Troy. But never give up hope. You never know what will happen. Kinda stinks he kept you from putting it on the market because of his word. :flame:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

pettyfan43

If I were in the same position, I would probably sell the 68 when finished and clone a Daytona just so i could have a car I could enjoy.

To me that would be more fun than anything else.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 25, 2008, 05:24:51 PM

Stupid question, but have you driven a wingcar yet?  I know with me sometimes I like the looks of something more than the driving experience.

Hey Mike.. Oh yeah, I've driven winged aerocars before... Sorry to hear about your similar plight... Stinks all around.......

Quote from: ran396 on August 25, 2008, 05:20:33 PM
68 hemi charger rule .         best looking of all the chargers.       daytonas are all right but can't be driven as much as 68 chargers.

Doesn't hold true with me... I'd be driving it to Home Depot or occasionally to work on nice days....  :2thumbs:

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 25, 2008, 05:46:01 PM
If I were in the same position, I would probably sell the 68 when finished and clone a Daytona just so i could have a car I could enjoy.

Oh believe me, I could enjoy a real one just as easily as a cloned one... Well,, maybe the cloned one would be slightly easier...

All.. thanks for the words of encouragement....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

HKCharger

sorry to hear.

whats an EE1 charger anyway?

pettyfan43

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 25, 2008, 06:07:44 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 25, 2008, 05:24:51 PM

Hey Mike.. Oh yeah, I've driven winged aerocars before... Sorry to hear about your similar plight... Stinks all around.......

Quote from: ran396 on August 25, 2008, 05:20:33 PM

Doesn't hold true with me... I'd be driving it to Home Depot or occasionally to work on nice days....  :2thumbs:

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 25, 2008, 05:46:01 PM

Oh believe me, I could enjoy a real one just as easily as a cloned one... Well,, maybe the cloned one would be slightly easier...

All others.. thanks for the words of encouragement....

Troy

Oh I wasn't trying to DISCOURAGE you!  hope you find what you are after!!! just be careful who you let paint it if you get aproject car!  :D

Daytonas are KILLER cars, so outlandish and wild that they are definitely their own animal.  That's WHY I would want a clone. My own options, my own colors and a lot less stress about driving it. Besides, if i modify it, nobody really cares.  Actually a Daytona OR a Superbird would be cool.

I can see it now.  Low slung, big wide wheels and tires, cool colors and a healthy 440 with nice sounding exhaust.

Good luck on locating a Daytona.    :icon_smile_cool:

tan top

Quote from: HKCharger on August 25, 2008, 06:43:10 PM
sorry to hear.

dark blue 

:rotz:  damn sorry to hear that troy ... if i had the dough   i would buy your  HEMI charger in a heart beat .. may be i should not have said heart beat .... thats chebby stuff  :lol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

finish the hemi car , you will have more leverage then  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 25, 2008, 06:51:45 PM

Oh I wasn't trying to DISCOURAGE you!  hope you find what you are after!!! just be careful who you let paint it if you get aproject car!  :D

I'm sorry if I worded it wrongly... I meant to all of you,,,, thanks for the words.....   :2thumbs:
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: HKCharger on August 25, 2008, 06:43:10 PM
sorry to hear.

It's this car...
68 Hemi previous buyer bought

Again, great car............ But words are words....... apparently................

Sorry all for the bitterness..............
Troy

moparstuart

wow that looks like that was a great buy on that hemi car ( economy really sucks ) for sellers . Buyers market  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Beep Beep Dave

From the pics and description that looks like lots of car for $100k.
Good luck with the quest Troy.
Keep your chin up Mike!
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

:pity:z  sorry Troy , i have been watching ebay for that v code car . out of my price range but you never know . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

gtx6970

I always say, it's all bullshit until it turns green

hemi68charger

I'm thinking of putting the '68 and '70 together like I did about a year ago as a package deal and see if I can get the greenbacks I need.....
Troy

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi,

the EE1 Charger was offered on moparts in spring time for a 110k asking price. It is a very nice car but not a show car as far as I got it. it just sold now. There was a green 68 Charger genuine "J-code" too on ebay and the auction ended bidding at 47,6k $. Not much and i think the car is advertised on hemmings for 90k$. Think we are in a soft market.

@Troy: I feel sorry for you. Hope you will find a serious person soon.

Carsten

Blown70

Troy,  I would say when your 68 is finished it would be a better sell.   I personally have ALWAYS had a tough time moving a project car.  Even though A LOT is done. Keep in mind who usually has the $100k plus wants to brag to there friends at the Country club about the HEMI Charger they have and show them it in the garage/golf course complete.  Keep in mind also not all of them know where to start putting a car like that together/ or turn a wrench...... I AM BY NO MEANS Saying everyone with a big wallet does not know how to turn a wrench but I think you get the IDEA.....

Good luck, KEEP waiting to see your post with a DAYTONA you have in it.  :2thumbs:

TOM

hotrod98

Sorry to hear about this. Just keep trying. It'll happen some day.

Troy, will you have a car at the Autorama in November?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 26, 2008, 02:33:18 PM

Well,, I thought it was going to be a Daytona..  :brickwall:   But, I'll probably have Dana in there again if we need the 6th person to fill all club slots... I'm sure Houston is getting sick of seeing Dana at AutoRama....  But, I have fun............ You going to be there?
Troy

PocketThunder

Just buy the Daytona on a swing loan and get it now!  Thats what people do in the housing market all the time...  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 26, 2008, 04:23:56 PM
Just buy the Daytona on a swing loan and get it now!  Thats what people do in the housing market all the time...  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:

Hahahaha.
Yeah.... I think my credit score would LOVE that...  ;D

Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

That '68 was for sale at Carlisle this year for 118k....really stunning ride with a rare color.

Looks like Best of Show Automotive was the buyer?   Soon to be back on eBay with some cool pics in there studio
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

WINGMAN

Sorry Troy   I think Moparstuart is right finnish the 68, but i think you are better off selling the 68 Hemi Charger and the V code separately, Its hard to find a buyer that likes two different cars. You will get that Daytona someday i am 100% sure, and i hope you keep your 500. Just my  :Twocents:  And who said you cant drive a Daytona like a regular charger  I do all the time :icon_smile_big:   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 26, 2008, 06:35:46 PM
That '68 was for sale at Carlisle this year for 118k....really stunning ride with a rare color.

Looks like Best of Show Automotive was the buyer?   Soon to be back on eBay with some cool pics in there studio

They were the ones who were "going" to buy mine and yes, he bought that one.......  It might be 1 of three known, but mine is 1 of 2 known...  :nana:
Troy

hotrod98

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 26, 2008, 02:55:16 PM

Well,, I thought it was going to be a Daytona..  :brickwall:   But, I'll probably have Dana in there again if we need the 6th person to fill all club slots... I'm sure Houston is getting sick of seeing Dana at AutoRama....  But, I have fun............ You going to be there?

We need to get down there to see the in-laws and I was thinking that combining Thanksgiving and a big car show would be a good plan...at least for me.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 26, 2008, 11:08:31 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 26, 2008, 02:55:16 PM

We need to get down there to see the in-laws and I was thinking that combining Thanksgiving and a big car show would be a good plan...at least for me.  ;D

Give me a call and maybe we can hook up over here at my house.......
Troy

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Troy,

now the EE1 Hemi Charger is back on the market but by the same seller?
So your potantial buyer didn't took it.
I wonder why? Maybe he is unserious or the car wasn't as described. But then he should have come back to you

Carsten

pettybird

it was not as described.  that's all I know.