News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Monster Mopar Registration & hotel info!!!! 7/31/08 updates! Bottom of thread

Started by Mopurr, July 07, 2008, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

Registration info is available at www.monstermopar.com.

NOTE DATE CHANGE FROM NORMAL!!!!!!   SEPT. 19-21, 2008!!!!!!!

Flyers should be out later this month

Confirmed info!!!!

NOTE!!!! The Holiday Inn at Collinsville is NOT the Monster Mopar Hotel this year!!!!!  I called and verfied it is FULL from other area events!

Four Points by Sheraton @ Fairview Heights is the Monster Mopar Hotel Rates are suppose to be $89.00 mention Monster Mopar Phone Number 618-622-9500

Also note that the 2 admissions to MM for cars registered for the carshow is if you pre-register....if you wait until after the preregistration you only get one admission included with the carshow entry.

The hotel is east of the track just off of interstate 64 which is just south of the Gateway entrance the hotel is maybe 7 miles from track at most.

I would appreciate if someone would cross post this to the General Forum and or other sites....Thanks

Mopurr

Also needs a sticky.....PLEASE.....Thanks!

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mopurr

Ok part of this is a cross post from another thread.

Harry Lee Hyde is returning to join us once again, he had a great time last year and want to experience more of Monster Mopar Weekend.

Also announcing!!!!!

Charles "Slick" Owens of Team Holman Moody has confirmed to be one of the guest .   Yes he comes from the blue oval side but without them our Aero cars would probably have never been.  He should have great stories for us and has a long history of being involved with NASCAR.  and also remember we will have Ford & Mercury guys attending with us this year and we sure want them to go back telling all of those other Fomoco guys that the mopar guys can really put on an not to be missed event.

Fingers Crossed that I will be making another announcement or two for Rich in the next couple of weeks, Monster Mopar is just a few weeks away and a lot of planning is going on & more is being confirmed almost daily.

So stay tuned.
:popcrn:

Sherri

3--Daytona

Hi,,,Sherrie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do you know of  any contact has been made with George Wallace on coming to the meet?  I would donate $100.00 toward a plane ticket for him.  what a combination,,,,,,Hyde & Wallace!!!! Jim

Mopurr

Hi Jim

Not that I know of but I will forward your suggestion along.

Hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you in a few weeks

Sherri

hemigeno

Monster Mopar Guest & other updates...

I talked with Rich Bolzenius again today, to fill him in on a few details.  While we were chatting, I asked if he had confirmed the "other" guest that he's been working to line up.  Rich was actually in the process of checking with this gentleman again to see if he could come or not.  As it stands he still can't commit 100% just yet, but he's supposed to let Rich know for certain next week.  I asked Rich when we could let everyone know who it is, and he agreed it was alright to mention who it is...  So,

Tentatively scheduled to appear (along with "Slick" Owens  :2thumbs:  and Harry Lee Hyde, Jr.  :bow: ) is none other than:

Dave Marcis!!

Many of you will remember that Dave drove the #30 Daytona in Grand National (Cup), among other cars over a long and storied racing career.  If Dave can indeed attend, we will have non-stop opportunity all weekend long to be entertained with NASCAR/racing tales - old and more modern as well.  Even if Dave cannot mak it, we'll have a fun time listening to Mr. Owens and Mr. Hyde talk about how they explored the "gray areas" in the rule book.  :lol:

Also, I have confirmed with the Track Manager at Gateway that we're still good to go on the Aero-car Oval Track Laps.  We are still working out the times, and making sure that they will let us out on the track both days.  I should have confirmation of the remaining details within the next week or two, but so far everything is going smoothly.

This should be a great event, and hopefully we'll see a lot of you guys there.

:cheers:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopurr

Another thing that we have not mentioned because it is still somewhat up in the air is that Wed. morning when we go to Gateway Classic Mustang the Film crew that is covering the Bulllit Car Stuff will be there to cover the Aero Cars coming by.  This film crew/ producer does filming that is often on Hotrod TV.

Rich has been working very hard to get this confirmed and it is planned but we all know how film crews/photo shoots can have scheduling problems.

the Bullit coverage is happening so they are also going to try to cover this also.

It makes for an early start Wednesday but should make for a very unique experience.

Stay tuned with us as we continue to update things in the coming weeks....Boy just over a month to go.

moparstuart

how early weds are you starting sherri , we were planning on gettin up early in kc and driveing up ? Do we need to leave erlier than 5 am . I guess with gas stops we will be in union by 9am ?

Mopurr

We are suppose to be arriving at Gateway Classic Mustang at 8AM so will be leaving the hotel no later than 7:30.  Gateway is not more than 30 minutes west of Union so you could go directly there.

I will give you the exit number & directions if you want.  And Will update with exact schedule late the Week before if there should be any changes.

I think that we will be at Gateway about 2 hrs or so so even if you arrive about 9 we still should be there.

I usually try to schedule things so that we don't have to head out until 8 am or after but was not able to this time, but on Thurs. we will leave a little later at 8:30 it will make up for Wed. morning everyone can get a little extra sleep...haha and we can also miss St. Louis Rush hr that way.

moparstuart

send me the info just incase but we will get up earlier and try to make it on time . thanks !!!

69_500

Would love to make it over for that on Wednesday, but not really any chance of me getting than many days off of work that week. Already getting the ear full of excuses on why I shouldn't get the Friday off. Either way though I'll definitely be there at Richs house with camera's in toe, on Friday.

Charger-Bodie

I wont be there.  :'( Cause I just got word that the Bullit shoot stuff wont be until the following weekend now.  :eek2:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mopurr