News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen this 500 and Daytona before?

Started by C500, August 26, 2008, 02:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

They belong to a guy JR in Kansas who I bought some stuff from on ebay a couple of years ago. He sent me the pics after. Maybe he's a member here? I wonder if they are on the registry. Both original unrestored 440 auto column cars. Anybody seen 'em before or know the guy???
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

a couple more shots
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Hey Dunk..
Yeap, he's a member here.. I've emailed him a few times...........  I'll wait to see if he pipes in first... Don't wanna let the cat out of the hat that may wish to stay there,........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

I know him and have seen both cars inperson . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

i think he's known as bigfoot and has painted the car from green and removed the V roof on the DAYTONA, kind'a elusive though.  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 26, 2008, 12:45:33 PM
i think he's known as bigfoot and has painted the car from green and removed the V roof on the DAYTONA, kind'a elusive though.  :shruggy:
mod top   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:        :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

C500

He is a member.....cool. Thanks for the input guys.

Painted the car from green.....I thought they were both unrestored cars.... thinking about it, a new paintjob doesn't count as unrestored.....he didn't say they were survivor cars.  I love the 500 in red. Hopefully he will chime in here  :popcrn:

moparstuart

Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 26, 2008, 02:01:27 PM

Painted the car from green.....I thought they were both unrestored cars.... thinking about it, a new paintjob doesn't count as unrestored.....he didn't say they were survivor cars.  I love the 500 in red. Hopefully he will chime in here  :popcrn:
no they are unrestored originals , the green paint was a photo shop in several other threads ( old story) .

C500

Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2008, 02:04:38 PM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 26, 2008, 02:01:27 PM

no they are unrestored originals , the green paint was a photo shop in several other threads ( old story) .

Ahhhh, thanks for the clarity. Troy will have a similar fleet when he gets his Daytona  :yesnod: An unrestored Daytona and a C500. Does life get any better???????;)

Brock Samson

ooops,.. my bad..  :misbehaving:  sorry Kiwi...

...it's an inside joke, Re:  famous photoshops here regarding a long lost DAYTONA SE with a owner applied MODTOP used that red DAYTONA pic as it's starting point. here's the photoshop pics..

the actual DAYTONA picture, which did eventually come to light...

the 15 page thread that spawned from the elusive beast..
here... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23030.0.html

sorry for any confusion..  :shruggy:

C500

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 26, 2008, 02:22:15 PM
ooops,.. my bad..  :misbehaving:  sorry Kiwi...

...it's an inside joke, Re:  famous photoshops here regarding a long lost DAYTONA SE with a owner applied MODTOP used that red DAYTONA pic as it's starting point. here's the photoshop pics..

and the actual DAYTONA picture, which did eventually come to light...

and the 15 page thead here that spawned the elusive beast..
here... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23030.0.html

sorry for any confusion..  :shruggy:

not a problem  :cheers: Im with ya now lol  :rofl:

WINGMAN

Hello Kiw68 and all.  Thanks Troy Hemi 68 Charger for letting me know about this .  My cars and I are alive and well in Auburn KS. The 500 looks the same as the day i brought her home in 96 and only the tires have changed on the Daytona in five years. I have not seen the photo shop of the Daytona on the rail road tracks  not a good thought. Sturt when did you see my 500?  :icon_smile_cool:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

moparsuper weekend heartland park  several times ,  topeka cruises? maybe , for sure when you worked at gary hardy when the turbine car was there . I hang out with randy morrison .

WINGMAN

Sorry Moparstuart    I have gotton old   cant rember anything. You going to Huch for the Charger meet?  I gota work  That week end    Bummer.    :brickwall:  Jay.

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 26, 2008, 08:41:13 PM
  Sorry Moparstuart    I have gotton old   cant rember anything. You going to Huch for the Charger meet?  I gota work  That week end    Bummer.    :brickwall:  Jay.
yes i will be in hutch barring any of my usual bad luck , we have met several times you may not remember. 

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2008, 08:46:36 PM
we have met several times you may not remember. 

why does that not surprise me...  :nutkick: :loser:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

C500

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 26, 2008, 06:52:57 PM
  Hello Kiw68 and all.  Thanks Troy Hemi 68 Charger for letting me know about this .  My cars and I are alive and well in Auburn KS. The 500 looks the same as the day i brought her home in 96 and only the tires have changed on the Daytona in five years. I have not seen the photo shop of the Daytona on the rail road tracks  not a good thought. Sturt when did you see my 500?  :icon_smile_cool:  Jay.

Hi Jay, Good to hear you still have both cars!! you may not remember this either, but I bought some park lamp housings from you plus some other little things. I now have myself a 69 500 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47759.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 26, 2008, 09:15:40 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2008, 08:46:36 PM
we have met several times you may not remember. 

why does that not surprise me...  :nutkick: :loser:
unlike you paul he doesnt hide from me ,  so i dont have to stalk him   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

C500

unlike you paul he doesnt hide from me ,  so i dont have to stalk him   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

WINGMAN

Very nice 500 you have KIWI 68  Mine has  a rear defroster to. Now you belong to a very small group of people on this planet that can say they own a 69 Charger 500, i think less than 220 if Danny The 500 guru is right.   :cheers:   Jay.

69_500

Not sure on the total number of people who own 500's, because some people have multiple 500's like ED (XXHEMI).

I'm far from a guru as well. Just a person who really likes these cars, but I gotta admit I prefer the Daytona's over the 500's. Oh and I can at least confirm that they made 250 Charger 500's now as well. If I had to put a number on how many people own them, I'd say your pretty close one the 220 guess. Considering I know of 5 people who own multiple 500's, and there is at least 15 that are flagged in my list as cars that are known to have been sent the way of the scrap yard Decades ago. So that right there rules out around 20-25 potential owners.

nascarxx29

The red daytona seems to have a 22 inch radiator .If its original it will be the second time I ever seen that combo
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

UFO

Quote from: nascarxx29 on August 27, 2008, 05:58:30 PM
The red daytona seems to have a 22 inch radiator .If its original it will be the second time I ever seen that combo
That is the 500's engine bay.Use the slider to move pic-no fender scoop.

nascarxx29

Thanks didnt try that .I do remember the daytona as being mentioned in the OK daytona flood post.As this daytona was from OK and the #92 daytona on shiplist .And the 500 was 156002
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

tan top

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 26, 2008, 12:45:33 PM

:smilielol:  

:drool5: nice C500 & daytona  :drool5:
column change & a buddy seat  don't see many  daytonas like that.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html