News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA NOSE : ROUGH DAY @ MY SHOP , RENE THREATENED ME !!!!!

Started by daytonalo, August 30, 2008, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I had two 73-79 Ford Trucks over 25 years. I was NEVER was left stranded. My 73 lasted till I was t-boned and my 79 went 235,000 till I let it go. I replaced the trans only once. Those old Fords last forever. The front I beams are  nearly indestructible.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WingCharger

daytonalo

If I sell lime I will let you know

WingCharger

Is yours a custom, camper special, ranger, or deluxe? The bed boxes look like a ranger, but there are no bed side tie downs. :scratchchin:

Chris G.

Disturbing images...to say the least.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Is there an Over/Under on when Larry will be sent packing again? You wanna make the call Lar?  ;)

daytonalo

100% orig except for plug wires and tires . A local Fire dept bought it new and used until 2002 when I bought it . It has factory 4.10 gears and believe it or not only 29 k , you bump the key and it is 1974 all over again .

WingCharger

Quote from: daytonalo on August 31, 2008, 11:46:55 AM
100% orig except for plug wires and tires . A local Fire dept bought it new and used until 2002 when I bought it . It has factory 4.10 gears and believe it or not only 29 k , you bump the key and it is 1974 all over again .

Is it a 360, 390, or what?

Auto or Stick?
I read in a magazine guys are awapping full straight 6 cummins into the older ford and chevy's, but if the engine in it now runs like a swiss watch, maybe ill keep the old V8.

daytonalo

Sorry , 360-2V Auto -C-6 .I owned it for 4 years , drove it 100 miles , a few times to boat ramp. Where can I get info on Diesel swap , that is what I want to do with my Bronco .

Larry

WingCharger

There isnt much info on the internet for the swaps. It more a "Shade tree mechanic deal". Im sure google is your friend here.

I did find this site a while back, and it has a lot of useful info:
http://www.fordcummins.com/

dads_69

Look at the front hub assembly, that'll answer your question.
Larry, there are a lot of guys around me here doing Cummings swaps on the '73 to '79 Ford trucks and even GM trucks '68 to '80. There are 4 in my neighborhood alone. Talk about odd when they pull away from my house. first thought is, it's a new dodge truck, then not! I'll ask next time I speak w/them where and what info. they have to give as well.
I miss my old Bronco everytime I see yours, awesome!

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

Thanks for site info , for sure a Diesel swap is what I'm going to do , I was going to buy a new truck to pull boat , but now I don't have to . The F-250 is Full time 4 WD , I was going to order a part time kit , it consists of hubs and some other parts for inside the Trans . Not trying to be a Dick , but I got offered 3500 and Believe it or not I said no . outside of dents , this old girl is rust free

petercharger

from the wording of the post i expected this kind of beating?? :scratchchin:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks