News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wing cars downunder

Started by aussie daytona, August 30, 2008, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

You have some cool cars! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
You should post here more often!

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 08:52:17 PM
You have some cool cars! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
You should post here more often!
Thanks!  I will try.  I wish there was more time in a day for stuff like this.
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

C500

Quote from: moparchris on September 03, 2008, 02:43:58 PM
The newspaper add of the lime green 'bird is from Phx, Az.  My brother and I looked at that car and tried to buy it right around 1982 or so.  Always wondered where it went, guess it went down under.  I still have the pictures I took of it when we went to look at it.  Just don't have a scanner to post the pics.  It was a neat car.  Is it still in New Zealand?

I don't know if it was ever in New Zealand, only Australia as far as I can see. This bird is here http://www.nzmoparregistry.co.nz/default.aspx?Page=381 and there is at least one other bird here, and at least one Daytona that I know of, the CalGas Daytona
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

aussie daytona

if you like aussie chargers heres the last "car in barn" ive found...not a staged shot either    :icon_smile_big:

aussie daytona

another...bit worse for wear  :shruggy:

C500

Quote from: aussie daytona on September 04, 2008, 04:03:30 AM
if you like aussie chargers heres the last "car in barn" ive found...not a staged shot either    :icon_smile_big:

any cars in barn finds are cool to see, especially when they're Mopars  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

OneBadSuperbird

WingCharger

That is really cool! :drool5:

A Hemi-6 (and the 318-V8) Valiant Charger R/T's were fast cars even though they were limited to the small motors. :icon_smile_big:
Imagine one with a Hemi? :scratchchin:

OneBadSuperbird:
I was thinking over using MoonLight Blue, and have decided that is what I am going to use. White Interior and Whit Stripe :yesnod: The only thing is that if I use it, it is too dark for a black-out hood to look right, but still a great color. I also like the tailight setup on the car that I saw in a magazine! They look really cool at night compared to normal Charger tail-lights!

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 12:50:44 PM
That is really cool! :drool5:

A Hemi-6 (and the 318-V8) Valiant Charger R/T's were fast cars even though they were limited to the small motors. :icon_smile_big:
Imagine one with a Hemi? :scratchchin:

OneBadSuperbird:
I was thinking over using MoonLight Blue, and have decided that is what I am going to use. White Interior and Whit Stripe :yesnod: The only thing is that if I use it, it is too dark for a black-out hood to look right, but still a great color. I also like the tailight setup on the car that I saw in a magazine! They look really cool at night compared to normal Charger tail-lights!
Yup, the Moonlight Blue might be a wee bit dark for a hood bloackout treatment.  The tail panel blackout seems to show up OK but I don't know if a hood blackout would or not.

And yeah, having amber turn signals in the taillights gives the '69 Charger taillights a really different look.  I was in the Aussie Falcon support vehicle on the road trip back from California when we came into Las Vegas late that first night following the Daytona.  I thought I might have a shot with the turn signal on but this is the best I could come up with.  It still kinda shows the amber inserts.

WingCharger

I saw that in mopar Action. You should produce those tail-lights. They look awesome! :drool5:

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 04:46:37 PM
I saw that in mopar Action. You should produce those tail-lights. They look awesome! :drool5:
Wow, I didn't know the car was in Mopar Action.  I thought it was just in Mopar Collector's Guide.

WingCharger

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on September 04, 2008, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 04:46:37 PM
Wow, I didn't know the car was in Mopar Action.  I thought it was just in Mopar Collector's Guide.

I was wrong. Sorry. I get three different magazine with MoPar in the title.

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 05:47:46 PM
I was wrong. Sorry. I get three different magazine with MoPar in the title.
LOL OK cool!  Now I ain't gotta go hunting for a back issue!

WingCharger

Your car is my favorite ever covered by any mopar magazine.  :yesnod: It is No.1, followed by the MagnumForce Daytona Clone, and the Factory Super Stock collection. :coolgleamA:

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 07:41:06 PM
Your car is my favorite ever covered by any mopar magazine.  :yesnod: It is No.1, followed by the MagnumForce Daytona Clone, and the Factory Super Stock collection. :coolgleamA:
Wow, that's really cool, thanks!   :cheers:

I like the ol' Daytona a lot too.  It kind of takes a back seat to the two Superbirds though.  I can't figure out why that is but it does.  It never even left the garage this summer and last year it only went out the week of the Woodward Cruise.  Maybe when the white Bird is done and has been on the track for a while, the Daytona will start getting a little more use. 

WingCharger

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on September 04, 2008, 10:28:50 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 07:41:06 PM
Wow, that's really cool, thanks!   :cheers:

I like the ol' Daytona a lot too.  It kind of takes a back seat to the two Superbirds though.  I can't figure out why that is but it does.  It never even left the garage this summer and last year it only went out the week of the Woodward Cruise.  Maybe when the white Bird is done and has been on the track for a while, the Daytona will start getting a little more use. 

Man, if I owned a real Daytona, tht baby would be out everyday! :coolgleamA:
You have a very cool car collection all around! :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 05, 2008, 02:00:15 PMMan, if I owned a real Daytona, tht baby would be out everyday! :coolgleamA:
You have a very cool car collection all around! :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Thanks again!  The Daytona will come out to play again.  I just have too many other things going on right now with the other cars right now.

I love the heck out of the wing cars.  They've always been my dream cars since I was a kid when the cars were new.  What's funny is that the Vega, as lowly of a throwaway car as it was when it was new, means a heck of a lot to me.  A V-8 Vega is something I've wanted since the late '70's.  I waited a quarter of a century for the right one to come along.  Now that I've had the car since 2004, it's earned it's spot as a keeper!

69_500

Well you know that whenever you get tired of that right hand drive wing car you can always store it her at my place.

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: 69_500 on September 05, 2008, 10:47:03 PM
Well you know that whenever you get tired of that right hand drive wing car you can always store it her at my place.
Danny, thanks for the offer as always but I kinda like it right where it's at!   :D

Ya can come visit it any time though.   :cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

Onebad-What is the wheel/tire combo on your Daytona? Wheel size? Backspace? Front/rear?

Tire size front/rear?

I really like the way your car sits and I'd like to mimic your setup on my Daytona Clone  :2thumbs:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

aussie daytona

hi..there is a minor scene with the daytona in this lame movie,can you guys get it in the us ?,can still buy it out here on dvd if anyone wants a copy...funny side story to this movie,a family friend trucked the star cars round sydney for the movie and was offered the challenger,the 57 chevy and others as they didnt want them after the movie...real cheap at the time but i had 3 aussie rt .chargers keeping me poor at the time. :shruggy:

WingCharger

Quote from: aussie daytona on September 06, 2008, 08:06:51 PM
hi..there is a minor scene with the daytona in this lame movie,can you guys get it in the us ?,can still buy it out here on dvd if anyone wants a copy...funny side story to this movie,a family friend trucked the star cars round sydney for the movie and was offered the challenger,the 57 chevy and others as they didnt want them after the movie...real cheap at the time but i had 3 aussie rt .chargers keeping me poor at the time. :shruggy:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :flame: :flame:

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 06, 2008, 04:13:38 PM
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_81726-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-1969.html onebadsuperbird daytona in this 1982 movie running on empty

Look at one of the comments from that picture on the website:
"Its a Dodge Charger Superbird. You can see a Superbird Wing post at the Left edge of the picture." :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: OH MY GOD!!! :lol:

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 06, 2008, 01:41:27 PM
Onebad-What is the wheel/tire combo on your Daytona? Wheel size? Backspace? Front/rear?

Tire size front/rear?

I really like the way your car sits and I'd like to mimic your setup on my Daytona Clone  :2thumbs:
The car had 235/60-15's up front on 15x8 Magnum 500's and 275/60-15's put back on 15x10 Magnum  500's.  I'm not sure what the offset is as the tires and wheels were already on the car when I bought it. 

I have a brand new set of 255/60-15 front and 275/60-15 rears mounted on a brand new set of 15x8 Torq-Thrusts sitting in the garage that I've had since before the Daytona was ever even around that are going on the car when the car comes back up two inches.

The stance of the car is really cool and all but even with just a driver and noting else in the car, the rear tires rub up in the wheelwells.  There just isn't enough room for that much rubber when the car is lowered two inches. 

It'll be interesting to see what the car's stance is like two inches higher and with bigger 255's up front and the Torq-Thrusts instead of the Magnum 500's. 

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: aussie daytona on September 06, 2008, 08:06:51 PM

I had the oportunity to buy the black 440 Six Pack Challenger at the same time I bought the Daytona but I didn't have an extra $30,000.  That was actually a really good deal as it was an original 440 Six Pack car and would have been a neat right hand drive car to have here in the States too.  I had already dayum near bankrupted myself to get the Daytona though so that wasn't happening.  Sure wish I could have swung it though!

I have both the Australian version (Running On Empty) and the U.S. version (Fast Lane Fever) on DVD.  Low budget but entertaining movie, especially if you're a gearhead.