News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC/DC's New Studio Album!

Started by WingCharger, August 31, 2008, 01:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Who else cant wait for AC/DC's new studio album "Black Ice" to come out?  :drool5:
It is going to have some awesome songs on it! :yesnod:
The single "Rock 'N Roll Train" was released on August 28th, and is a No.1 already.
The album comes out on October 20th, and I cant wait! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here is the track listing:
01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Skies On Fire
03. Big Jack
04. Anything Goes
05. War Machine
06. Smash 'N Grab
07. Spoilin' For A Fight
08. Wheels
09. Decibel
10. Stormy May Day
11. She Likes Rock 'N Roll
12. Money Made
13. Rock 'N Roll Dream
14. Rocking All The Way
15. Black Ice

Heres a youtube video of Rock 'N Roll Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5bPHNpcxc

68rt

big fan of ac/dc seen them 5 times over the years

WingCharger

Quote from: 68rt on August 31, 2008, 01:25:18 PM
big fan of ac/dc seen them 5 times over the years

I have always wanted to see them live! :musik010: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :musik010:

NHCharger

For a bunch of old farts they can still rock. Still miss the Bon Scott days. "The Girls got Rhythm (the Back seat rhythm) is one of my favorite driving songs.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bull

Bon Scott was pretty good and he had his sound but you gotta admit, if you've got to replace him, Brian Johnson is a helluva good replacement. I don't think they could have done much better and in many ways I prefer Johnson.

68rt

Quote from: bull on August 31, 2008, 02:07:19 PM
Bon Scott was pretty good and he had his sound but you gotta admit, if you've got to replace him, Brian Johnson is a helluva good replacement. I don't think they could have done much better and in many ways I prefer Johnson.
I LIKED THE BON SCOTT YEARS THERS IS NOT 1 SONG I DONT LIKE OFF OF HIWAY TO HELL BUT I LIKE EVERYTHING ACDC DOES

mikepmcs

I gotta be honest I heard that train song last week and actually laughed(no kidding)  I love AC/DC but geez that was terrible!!  Really sounded like em a decade ago or more... :yesnod:

But,...who knows, they'll probably make another billion, just not off me. :Twocents:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WingCharger

My favorite AC/DC song is Highway to Hell, but I like a bunch of other ones by them.

RD

personally, hells bells has always made me pumped/psyched.  use to listen to that song in the locker room to get psyched up for football games.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

They did that album to mourn Bon, hence the black album cover.

That is and always will be their best selling album for sure.   It is in fact the second best selling album of all time. :yesnod:

here's the set list and I have to agree, all the songs were killer :icon_smile_big:

Hells Bells
Shoot To Thrill
What Do You Do for Money Honey
Given the Dog a Bone
Let Me Put My Love into You
Back in Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Have a Drink on Me
Shake a Leg
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

All the songs were written by Angus Malcolm and Brian :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

68rt

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 31, 2008, 03:54:46 PM
I gotta be honest I heard that train song last week and actually laughed(no kidding)  I love AC/DC but geez that was terrible!!  Really sounded like em a decade ago or more... :yesnod:

But,...who knows, they'll probably make another billion, just not off me. :Twocents:
just getting old

mikepmcs

I hung my head in shame and then invented the lyrics as they were coming over the radio...too easy. :rotz:

WingCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 31, 2008, 04:37:37 PM
I hung my head in shame and then invented the lyrics as they were coming over the radio...too easy. :rotz:

I actually like RNR Train. It has hard lyrics, and a great beat. A song that makes you want to mash the pedal down!

moparstuart

every song on back n black is great, the best album ever !!!! :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

General_01

I just listened to the song. You are right Mike, sounds like them a decade ago. That's why I like it. I am not to into bands changing their sound so they can "grow musically". AC/DC makes head on rock n' roll and they do it great.

I wish Skynyrd would make a few songs sound like they did back in the '70's. I like some of their new stuff, but I liked 'em because of their triple guitar attack and the way they meshed the guitar sound. Their newer stuff just is a little to hard sometimes. I put their sound closer to Blackfoot nowadays.

I will be getting the new CD and rockin' hard.

"Shoot to Thrill" is my fav song by them. Even at 40(going to be 41 in a couple weeks), you can still see me  :punkrocka: as I drive down the rode when that song is on.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

dkn1997

my brotherinlaw is in an acdc tribute band and it's reopened my eyes to acdc.  I had stopped listening after high school in the late 80's...he's the base player.
www.acdctributeband.com
RECHRGED

RallyeMike

Quoteevery song on back n black is great, the best album ever !!!! Twocents Twocents Twocents

I just read that Black in Black STILL SELLS 400,000 copies a year, almost 30 years later.

You just can't get enough AC/DC. Heres hoping for a Tour  :cheers:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

FlatbackFanatic

I like the new song! I can't wait for the CD. My fav is Hells Bells,  you just have to crank it way up!!! :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

dodgecharger-fan

I think I need to hear the new song a few more times before I call it good or not.

I heard it once, and it didn't do a heck of a lot for me, but their music always grows on me rather than grabs me right away.

Brock Samson

Although I have five of their albums, they are waaaaaaay too formulaic for me, all i really like are the solos,..
but what do I know I'm just a washed up 51 yr old guitar player...

Edit:
Having thought about it, they are probably a great LIVE band, that is best appreciated in real time, I bet then i would really get it, to me their albums are great till just after the first verse and chorus and then the bridge and solo but to my thinking they never really go anywhere,..  :shruggy:  On the albums anyhow..
I should make it a point to go see them, i didn't like Lizzy till i saw them and they then became one of my all time Favs.
But what do I know I listen to Rap and Classical...  :scratchchin:

WingCharger

I am going to buy a guitar soon. Probably from a pawn shop near me. Just a basic, right handed, electric guitar.

rav440

Quote from: WingCharger on September 01, 2008, 11:23:41 AM
I am going to buy a guitar soon. Probably from a pawn shop near me. Just a basic, right handed, electric guitar.

cool , then you can switch your avatar sic pic to RANDY RHODES  :yesnod:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

WingCharger

Quote from: rav440 on September 01, 2008, 02:38:33 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 01, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

cool , then you can switch your avatar sic pic to RANDY RHODES  :yesnod:

Sorry, im not 69bronzeT5, who has not been on here in a long time? :shruggy:

dkn1997

do I smell a little ozzy/acdc   east coast/west coast rap war brewing?   :2guns:
RECHRGED

WingCharger

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 01, 2008, 03:45:57 PM
do I smell a little ozzy/acdc   east coast/west coast rap war brewing?   :2guns:

God, I cant express how much I hate rap.