News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ROUGH SUPERBIRD FOR SALE

Started by BigBlockSam, September 06, 2008, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: WingCharger on September 07, 2008, 06:37:16 AM
I have always wondered, why do you see so many rotting/burnt/destroyed Wing Cars, when so few (2,000-) were built? Do they attract bad luck, or what?

I've always thought it was the other way around compared to most musclecars.  The wing cars seem to me to have a better survival rate which I've always attributed to their collectability right from day one.  The same value has meant that the wing car cognoscenti have kept track of even the destroyed ones over the years (as much as they could), and now with the rest of the world cluing in to how special these cars are the wrecks are coming out of the swamps.
When basic 68-70 Road Runners start commanding 100k + on televised auctions you'll see so many rotten Runners coming out for sale you'll start to think they were sold as wrecks from the factory.  :Twocents:

Aero426

After being discovered and pulled from its location near Englishtown, the car was on Ebay several months ago.    At least then it was inside.   It sure looks rough, but I've seen worse.

CTinCT

There was a post on this car on the Yenko site back in 2004. It had several pics from the guy that found it. He was trying to figure out if it was real or not. Everything pointed to it being real.

hotrod98

Are there people stupid enough to bid on a car with several days left?
If you're really wanting to win the auction, then you're just raising the price that you will have to pay.  :brickwall:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

INCLUDING WET DREAMS ?????

BigBlockSam

$21000  There you go Stuart . you got all the parts to bring it back  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

25k and reserve not met , wow that guys is wanting to hit a home run on a rust bucket

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

redrider

isn't this the superbird the guy bought for 3,000 dollars

Blown70

Quote from: moparstuart on September 16, 2008, 12:55:44 PM
25k and reserve not met , wow that guys is wanting to hit a home run on a rust bucket

he re-listed just the car not all the parts.  If you see he relist button click it takes you to the new auction.

Tom

moparstuart

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140267414896

here it is   , still making a home run .   

I drove the convertible every night this week and I am very happy just having a clone !

hotrod98

Charles Addams

petercharger

wow...25k and they turned it down..unreal... :smilielol: :smilielol:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

BigBlockSam

Hey Hotrod,-----------------------  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:-------------- at least you'll know it was restored correctly when done .  :scratchchin: . maybe you could trade him a car and a little cash  .  :scratchchin:  all these thoughts have gone through my head or  maybe offer  15k .    :brickwall:  .

i gotta keep saying to myself, first the new house with the monster garage,  then the bird.   :cheers:

you already have the monster garage . all you need now is the bird .    :scratchchin:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 16, 2008, 07:55:11 PM
Hey Hotrod,-----------------------  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:-------------- at least you'll know it was restored correctly when done .  :scratchchin: . maybe you could trade him a car and a little cash  .  :scratchchin:  all these thoughts have gone through my head or  maybe offer  15k .    :brickwall:  .

i gotta keep saying to myself, first the new house with the monster garage,  then the bird.   :cheers:

you already have the monster garage . all you need now is the bird .    :scratchchin:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: go for it larry

bill440rt

I CANNOT believe this thing is still going around. nascarXX29, THANKS for remembering!!  :2thumbs:
The car was JUST relisted, first auction went for $25100 & it did NOT meet the reserve! Now, a BIN for $21000??  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Seems like each time this car is for sale it comes with more & more parts. Amazing it made it out to MN.

Car was found in a field on a person's property nearby me in Old Bridge, NJ. Yes, it's a legit V-code Bird. Big time rust. I still have pics of what it looked like PRIOR to the sale of the first guy, who was from PA. Looks like the car was cleaned up a bit, parts were thrown in the interior (don't think there's much metal to bolt anything down to), & some good use of a porta-power in the rear end, much of which is made up of AIR.  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hotrod98

I talked to the current owner. He said that it needs front and rear frame rails, floor from firewall to rear body panel, dutchman panel, both quarters, both doors, upper outer cowl and of course all of the parts that are missing. But the good news is the rockers are pretty solid.   

I blew the pics up and it looks like it may also need a roof panel, outer wheelhouses, part of the core support, the plug or partial repair of the plug, possibly the tail panel, the rear frame crossmember, fuel tank supports, etc...etc...etc...

Charles Addams

69charger2002

sounds more like a "HLPAG father son" project than a good old fashioned normal project.. i had been contemplating that car as well, but man you just made my decision easier. i'd never be able to tackle that much work. i'd get disgusted and sell it later on probably..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bill440rt

Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 16, 2008, 10:33:42 PM
sounds more like a "HLPAG father son" project than a good old fashioned normal project.. i had been contemplating that car as well, but man you just made my decision easier. i'd never be able to tackle that much work. i'd get disgusted and sell it later on probably..

Which is exactly what the previous sellers have realized. The car will probably someday be restored with a '70 Satellite body and a pair of pop rivets.  :eek2:
I probably would have done exactly what the other sellers are doing: FLIP!!!  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

WingCharger

This sounds more like a Rebody auction than anything else. :slap:

Kinda like that Daytona that wrecked off a cliff and was nothing but a magled pile of metal that sold on ebay a while back. There was no saving that car. This one will probably be the same. :'( BUT, it is better to see the numbers at leats stay around driving, than go to a collector and sit on a shelf or worse.

hotrod98

If a guy found a car like this that no one knew about, then with careful work, you could re-body this car and no one would ever know.
But, this car is well documented. If it shows up in pristine condition with factory welds on all panels, someone will be in big trouble.
I'll keep looking. I would rather not have a bird than to get into a project like this. You can't weld new sheet metal to rust.

Charles Addams

hemigeno

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 17, 2008, 09:31:49 AM
I would rather not have a bird than to get into a project like this. You can't weld new sheet metal to rust.

Heaven forbid someone tries to dip it to remove the rust.   :o

WingCharger

Quote from: hemigeno on September 17, 2008, 10:21:33 AM
I would rather not have a bird than to get into a project like this. You can't weld new sheet metal to rust.

:smilielol: :o

Blown70

Quote from: hemigeno on September 17, 2008, 10:21:33 AM

OMG never thought of that.  You might pull out parts of the firewaill seems to be about it....... :shruggy:

charger_fan_4ever

Once the frame rails are toast and springs threw the trunk whats left to restore?  :shruggy:

Imo they are dead at this point and bringing it back as a "restored" car is almost as bad as a rebody if all that is left of the original car is the firewall.

my  :Twocents:

hotrod98

This one wouldn't even be a good candidate for a rebody. No data plate, no build sheet, no title, original driveline and front sheet metal missing and on...and on...

Charles Addams