News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargerman68 here's the story and its not pretty

Started by Rat Exterminator, September 10, 2008, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 10, 2008, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: Rat Exterminator on September 10, 2008, 09:38:56 PM
Well it looks like this may get resolved. Tony has agreed to refund my $ after I return the radio so its going out UPS Tomorrow. Thanks to all, I will keep you posted on progress. Greg

Rat i'd pay the lil extra and get a signature required before UPS drops it off.

It looks like he would send the money out regardless when the radio was sent back. It is just a 50 dollar radio. He should trust you...you trusted him. I wouldn't sell shit on ebay if I knew I may not be home when it ended.  ::) Bad bizz...I don't care who you are.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 10, 2008, 09:40:32 PM
When he sets up an e-bay sale he totally plans on being here when the sale ends to ship the item out, but sometimes he isn't.  Just like today...he came home last night to tell me that he is training for the next week and left this morning. 

Then he shouldn't be trying to sell car parts. I know nothing about this radio issue but I am going to focus on these two sentences because it's a fine example of a problem common throughout all of Ebay, craigslist and sites like this one. If you might not be at home when one of your item sells, don't expect people to sympathize with all the excuses about military duty, health issues... whatever, and don't pawn the responsibility off on your wife. No one selling a part would sympathize with any excuses like these from a buyer either, it just doesn't fly. If you're going to sell car parts, wait until you are at a point in your life when it is responsible to do so and then do what you say you are going to do.

Old Moparz

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 10, 2008, 10:02:09 PM
holy crap

look at this from the moparts thread

That news post is awesome!  Where is the on line generator for that one?

:smilielol:    :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TUFCAT

holy crap

THAT NEWSPAPER CLIPPING IS FUNNY AS HELL!!!

I'm sure tomorrow's paper will be quoting 68chrgrwife "I can't be running around trying to ship stuff off when it is sold...."

SORRY 68CHRGRWIFE, I'M NOT FOLLOWING YOUR LOGIC!!!!   :think:

AFTER AN ITEM SELLS ON EBAY, .....DOESN'T SOMEBODY NEED TO SHIP IT OUT?  :coocoo: 

twilt

Here is an original idea... Tony could send the $$$ back first and upon receipt of the money, shipping charges, and return shipping charges..... Greg can then send the radio back.  Why not?

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 10, 2008, 10:08:32 PM
holy crap

THAT NEWSPAPER CLIPPING IS FUNNY AS HELL!!!

I just noticed it. My puter is slow and sometimes only shows text :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 10, 2008, 10:05:38 PM
holy crap

dunno but i'm jealous gotta find me one of those lol

thought you guys would like that one.

68chrgrwife

The car isn't at our house right now...it is on base at the auto shop so that he can work on it, so finding someone that we trust to go to the shop and get the items (because we aren't going to take them off the car until they sell) isn't as easy as some of you think.  He isn't trying to be irreseponsible and is doing the right thing by refunding the money but you all sit here and continue to bash him.  He makes good on mistakes when they are made.  He is a good guy....sometimes life gets away from us.  Are you all saying that you are all innocent from making mistakes in your life?  I think not.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  And God knows my husband is a good man and that is all that counts.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

JerseyJoe

Greg,
I try to believe that everybody gets theirs in the end, it's just so sweet when I get to witness it... Remember me Tony?
These two beat me on some wheels two years ago. Hate to tell you Greg, if I haven't seen my $76 from Tony and Charitye in 2 years, well....

Her name was on the ebay account I bought from. She ripped another guy in England for some headrests at the same time (I still have his emails, too  :icon_smile_big:) "kickn68chrgerwife"'s account was gone shortly afterwards.

Here's Tony's PM's to me when I posted that I got ripped off:

hey what ever happen with the wheels..i sent out the wheels but came back as address undeliverable....we have moved since then..what was the price i will return your money...i did sent several emails never replied back to them before we moved...
again sorry about this....
i will paypal you the money as soon as i hear from you..
after this take off my wifes name on your profile....

what the fuck did i tell u about putting my wifes name out there like that.i told u i would refund your money but im currently out of town training till mar....

Tony, I thought you moved??? Rat Ex has you at the same address two years later!

You and your wife are crooks.

DodgeChargerNeeded

I have 2 things to say on the subject. For buyers always use paypal as it can be reversed if you don't receive the item. For sellers if you don't have time to ship out stuff after you sell it simply don't list it on Ebay because people expect there stuff in a reasonable amount of time.
Jeff

68chrgrwife

Quote from: JerseyJoe on September 10, 2008, 10:27:05 PM
Greg,
I try to believe that everybody gets theirs in the end, it's just so sweet when I get to witness it... Remember me Tony?
Hate to tell you Greg, if I haven't seen my $76 from Tony and Charitye in 2 years, well....

Her name was on the ebay account I bought from. She ripped another guy in England for some headrests at the same time (I still have his emails, too  :icon_smile_big:) "kickn68chrgerwife"'s account was gone shortly afterwards.

Here's Tony's PM's to me when I posted that I got ripped off:

hey what ever happen with the wheels..i sent out the wheels but came back as address undeliverable....we have moved since then..what was the price i will return your money...i did sent several emails never replied back to them before we moved...
again sorry about this....
i will paypal you the money as soon as i hear from you..
after this take off my wifes name on your profile....

what the fuck did i tell u about putting my wifes name out there like that.i told u i would refund your money but im currently out of town training till mar....

Tony, I thought you moved??? Rat Ex has you at the same address two years later!

You and your wife are crooks.

Joe,

First off the ebay account that you bought from was mine, but my husbnd...NOT ME sold you the part that is why he told you to leave me out of it.  I had no dealing with that listing.  We did live in another house when we sold you the rims.  And we tried 3 times to deliver your rims....We gave you the new address when we said we would send you a refund on your money....that's the house we live in now.  We have madegood on our refund to you...I sent you out a check the next month....it was cashed, and we never heard from you again...so now you are going to say you never got it?

I will tell you this time....Take MY NAME OFF YOUR SIGNATURE.....I had nothing to do with the sale of the rims...you and I had never had any contact with one another or had an agreement with one another...you and my husband did. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Old Moparz

Quote from: twilt on September 10, 2008, 10:19:47 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on September 10, 2008, 10:05:38 PM

http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp

:cheers:  Thanks.

68chrgrwife, I don't know you & your husband, so I'll stay impartial, but I will comment. There are enough people scamming others all over the internet to piss others off on a regular basis, so if you sell things, you have to be ready to be able to provide "customer service" to buyers. Whether the radio & other deals that went badly, are true or not, a good lesson would be to rethink the way accepting a payment & shipping the item works.

There is a guy on Moparts I will not buy from because he "speculates" that he'll have the item in stock. There is no way I'd ever offer, advertise, & sell something that isn't in my hands. It came back & bit him in the ass & there were complaints on that forum. He tried to justify that the part he sold was not as described, because it was sent to him "not as described" either. I'm not telling you to tell your husband what to do, only that reputations disappear easily.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TUFCAT

Quote from: General_01 on September 10, 2008, 10:03:44 PM

1.  As for 68chrgrwife, you might want to start getting more involved in your husbands Ebay auctions if you don't like "crap like this" ....

2.  If he is busy, he better start trusting someone, namely you, to be his proxy and finish the deal. If he can't do this, then he should quit selling stuff.

3.  I love how you both get all pissy because someone is pissed off that you have $425 of theirs for over a month and don't respond to them. ::)

WELL SAID!!!

:iagree:

Aero426

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 10, 2008, 10:22:21 PM
The car isn't at our house right now...it is on base at the auto shop so that he can work on it, so finding someone that we trust to go to the shop and get the items (because we aren't going to take them off the car until they sell) isn't as easy as some of you think.  He isn't trying to be irreseponsible and is doing the right thing by refunding the money but you all sit here and continue to bash him.  He makes good on mistakes when they are made.  He is a good guy....sometimes life gets away from us.  Are you all saying that you are all innocent from making mistakes in your life?  I think not.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  And God knows my husband is a good man and that is all that counts.

Lady, it is apparent that your husband would have done NOTHING if the buyer hadn't gone kicking and screaming on two message boards after a month of begging for his purchase.     The whole thing smells bad, from the cancellation of the Ebay account, to the litany of excuses spewn forth on the late delivery.    He didn't know it was not an AM/FM?    Give me a break.    This whole thing is not just a simple innocent mistake. 

68chrgrwife

We got the radio with the car when we bought it....it is the origianl radio...that is all we knew.  We made the mistake of not really looking into the radio and I guess that is our fault....we didn't purposly try to take advantage of anyone and is why we are willing to make amends.......we are Turely sorry for the time and inncovience this has caused to Greg. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

TUFCAT

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 10, 2008, 10:48:58 PM
We got the radio with the car when we bought it....it is the origianl radio...that is all we knew.  We made the mistake of not really looking into the radio and I guess that is our fault....we didn't purposly try to take advantage of anyone and is why we are willing to make amends.......we are Turely sorry for the time and inncovience this has caused to Greg. 

You should stop posting comments until you and your husband get your facts straight.

Greg's post on Moparts is a direct contradiction to your "not really looking into the radio and I guess that is our fault" excuse....

If you "never looked at" the radio.... and didn't know it wasn't  the am/fm model....then where the hell did the am/fm picture come from?

FROM MOPARTS:

Re: Anthony Pauley / Moparclones on Ebay /Ripped Off
      #4677503 - Wed Sep 10 2008 05:16 PM   

Well, Tony you are a dirtbag! I figured out why you pulled the auction and changed your Ebay ID. As I mentioned the Ebay Title said AM but the pictures clearly were of an AM/FM which two of us Bid to $400+. Well I got my AM radio in the mail today  This ain't over yet. Greg

68chrgrwife

Quote from: skip68 on September 10, 2008, 11:08:26 PM
"Can't we all just get along?"  :shruggy: :lol: :smilielol: :yesnod: :nana: :D (Sorry, ....had to break the tension!) :angel:
Mrs.Skip ;)

thanks love.......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

68chrgrwife

He took a pic of the radio in the car and posted it with the ad along with another pic of what he thought was the same radio off the internet.  Like I said we didn't intentionally try and scam anyone.....we did post a picture of the radio in the dash....where it has been for the last 6 years.  I can't say it enough I AM SORRY!  We messed up and will refund the money.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

aussiemuscle

so he read an ad for an AM radio and he buys it and are then is pissed because it's not what he wanted...  :scratchchin:

what happend to "buyer beware"... shouldn't that include reading the advert properly... :-\ :shruggy:

Big Lebowski

Give her a break, she's returning the money & maybe learning something & she's trying to work it out. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

The70RT

Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 10, 2008, 11:22:02 PM
so he read an ad for an AM radio and he buys it and are then is pissed because it's not what he wanted...  :scratchchin:

what happend to "buyer beware"... shouldn't that include reading the advert properly... :-\ :shruggy:

What happend to using your own pics too :eyes:

Manfred318

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 10, 2008, 10:46:53 PM
Quote from: General_01 on September 10, 2008, 10:03:44 PM

1.  As for 68chrgrwife, you might want to start getting more involved in your husbands Ebay auctions if you don't like "crap like this" ....

2.  If he is busy, he better start trusting someone, namely you, to be his proxy and finish the deal. If he can't do this, then he should quit selling stuff.

3.  I love how you both get all pissy because someone is pissed off that you have $425 of theirs for over a month and don't respond to them. ::)

WELL SAID!!!

:iagree:
:iagree: :iagree:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: The70RT on September 10, 2008, 11:24:02 PM
well, maybe. i think that goes on all the time. still, if it looked different to described, wouldn't you ASK SELLER A QUESTION?

68chrgrwife

Quote from: The70RT on September 10, 2008, 11:24:02 PM
Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 10, 2008, 11:22:02 PM

we did but you couldn't see the radio too clearly since it was in the dash and we weren't going to remove it unless it sold..  so he used both..not knowing that the second radio was not the same.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER