News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got the motor! *INSTALL PICS* -its running!-VIDEO * ITS ON THE STREET!*

Started by SFRT, September 19, 2008, 06:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

in further celebration of paranoia over kill, in addition to the 'polyloc' motormounts I installed a Schumacher torque strap

they supply the bracket and you have to drill your k frame.

I suppose I should be super uptight and weld it on as well, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

at least it looks cool.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

cant resist another big booty shot

I hope the trunk lid comes back from the painters tommorrow, it's needed

omg jackstands

Always Drive Responsibly

Steve P.

Looks great.. I am a firm believer in overkill...

Wish I had that much room in my shop..........   

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SFRT

of course, I forgot to get a throw out bearing, and..uh..Kargen aint got em for 18 spline transmissions, otherwise we coulda stuck that in as well. o well..at leat the fuel pumps in

view of the polylocs...appaernetly theres interlocking metal inside the 'rubber' so even if it tears it wont come off

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

old news to you guys here, but this is my first 'real' musclecar build and today was a really special day  for me. I never thought, after years of fantasizing that I would doing this. I feel really really good right now.

I would really like to thank the people that run this site, and all the people that are willing to post and share info. This site has been invaluable to me in this project.

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

also..for those interested..they way we got the headers in was to unbolt the starter, the brake booster and prop valve and the pitman arm etc. left it all loose,but strapped with wire, nested the starter up in header and then jacked the car waaay up and weaseled em in from underneathe.. then re bolted it all in a big interlocked mass. took about an hour a side.

these tti headers fit nice.
Always Drive Responsibly

Harlow

2much2learn

I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ryan

looks nice dude. Im going to have those bumperettes shiped to you tomorow, I was sick last week sorry about that.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

SFRT

no probs! you should try to make it down as the pile of extra parts is growing..... :2thumbs:
Always Drive Responsibly

Just 6T9 CHGR

The Schumacher strap is a nice piece...I run one as well.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 22, 2008, 08:08:10 AM
The Schumacher strap is a nice piece...I run one as well.

Diito! ....... I run mine with regular rubber mounts though, not a big fan of the vibration often found with poly mounts.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

six-tee-nine

Quote from: SFRT on September 21, 2008, 09:41:40 PM

more tommorrow night!

Are these Baer brakes?
If so, hou you like the overall quality of these kits?

About the engine : i'm curious to find out how much  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: your face is gonna look when you slam the pedal to the carpet.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

SFRT

the kit is SSBC

the brake lines are a combination of stuff from various parts houses  that fit  and the long lines main lines where made by Classic Tube. the lines in the kit where bunk so we tossed them. all the lines around the master cylinder and proportioning valve we made ourselves from ss tubing. it took maybe 15 hours to get it all done...not counting time spent finding pieces and making calls.

the ssbc kit is decent, just not actually designed to fit oem style steel wheels with regular backspacing on a Charger. It's more of a 'generic kit' that sorta fits. .we had to do a lot of modding to get it to fit with oem steel wheels. It was a real pain and I had to make all sorts of weird brackets and stuff and shave the rear calipers and on and on. . on aftermarket wheels, no problem, they fit just fine on the crappy centerlines I had, in back anyway.  if I had to do it again i would have run the smaller. lower profile brakes on the back same as the front. or gone with disc in front, drum in rear.

theres is an amazing lack of coordination between brake kit companies and wheel companies, no one could answer any of my tech questions, or if they did, they where usually wrong. it was a really frustrating experience, and in the end, I got it to work, but it sucked.

my wheels are 7 and 8  x 15 from stockton wheels, who are themselves an amazing set of ass clowns. i would rather drink bleach than deal with them again.

Always Drive Responsibly

Ryan

Quote from: SFRT on September 22, 2008, 01:28:26 AM
no probs! you should try to make it down as the pile of extra parts is growing..... :2thumbs:

will do, I'm hoping to have sat. available. I have been slammed latey
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

SFRT

got caught up with work and stuff today so didnt get much done.

stuck on the carb

started setting up the serpentine and found these nifty buttonheads in the kit hardware to replace the bolts i ground down previously

looks nicer
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

the March kit is going on pretty easy, I went ahead and got their alt and ps pump to make it easier on myself..however the alt pully doesnt line up,they do supply an alternate one in the kit that does, so I have to send it over to the alternator place to get the pulleys pressed out and in. no biggie

on the other side, one of the serpentine bracket bolts hits the front of the head so in the morning I will grind off that little corner. lot of meat there so it shouldnt affect anything.

...shiny

Always Drive Responsibly

yeahitsgotahemi!

Nice work man. That satin black looks killer.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

terrible one

Quote from: SFRT on September 22, 2008, 07:40:07 PM
they fit just fine on the crappy centerlines I had, in back anyway. 

Yeah so uhhh what happened to those wheels anyways?  :popcrn:

SFRT

Bill 'claimed' them for his 55  gasser project. :'(
Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

RD

took me about 10 minutes to realize there was actually a red car in one of those pics.. the others it was easy to find. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander