News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Had a blast at the MMW show in St. Louis

Started by hotrod98, September 20, 2008, 11:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

We drove up on Thursday, met everyone at the hotel in Union, MO and attended the dinner at Rich and Judy's that evening. We enjoyed the dinner and the company. Was a blast to see that many wing cars sitting around in one yard. My wife loved it as well. It made her day.
We didn't go over for the luncheon on Friday. We decided to go over and get an early start on the swap meet instead. I need a lot of parts for current and future projects.

Sure looks like there was a record number of aero cars this year. We had sensory overload. I never did hear what the car count was. I met several people that I hadn't met before.

On the way home, I started thinking about all of the pics of details of the birds and daytonas that I didn't get.

I was surprised to see how many of the Fords attended. It just seemed natural for them to be there among the mopar wingcars.

We left the show around 3:30 today (Saturday) , just after the wing cars lined up for the parade around the track. Took seven hours to get home. We had a lot of fun, took a lot of pics and bought a lot of parts.

I'll post a few pics later.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Damn i wanted to go to this event, but i was needed at work for a project i'm responsible for... so, that takes precedence.   
Looking forward to pictures.. 

See you at Talladega 2009...   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

I wasn't planning on going to Talladega, but after this, I just might have to make that a priority trip. I just mapquested it and it's about 9 1/2 hours from here.
I think I'll spend a little more time and money on the daytona clone and drive it down. Maybe we can get a bunch of the cloners together for a special display. I certainly wouldn't mind having a seperate area for the clone cars.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Here's a few pics from the hotel and Rich and Judy's on Thursday evening and the others are from the show on Saturday. Quinton (66chargerkid) took a lot of nice pics and should be posting them Sunday night or maybe Monday.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

The rest.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

sounds like a great time . why is stuarts car on a flat bed? . i thought he had found his vacuum leak.? Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Hope someone will post some more pictures from the show field on Saturday, and then from today as well. I made it over to Rich's on Friday, but had to get back home by sunrise on saturday morning. Which I did.

billssuperbird

pettybird

good times.

we made it home without a single fault, except for me, who was diagnosed with strep throat at an urgicare center on the way home...a Z pack and a couple days and I should come around.

The70RT

Wow....looked like a nice turnout  :2thumbs:

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 21, 2008, 11:18:36 AM
sounds like a great time . why is stuarts car on a flat bed? . i thought he had found his vacuum leak.? Rene

:shruggy: ........ :popcrn:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

I'm anxious to find out what the final car count was. Didn't think about counting them while I was there.  :P

I've been busy today installing and admiring the parts that I bought at the swap meet.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

the birdible is down for the count again. Spun cam baring is the early diagnosis.!!!!!!!   Had a great time but was depressed i could not drive My car again.       
We only got 1/2 way from KC to st louis before we heard the dreaded hi pitched churp from inside the motor.  Wayne prekins (A GREAT FRIEND) took his real hemi daytona off his roll bacl at 3 Am in the morning . He drove the daytona the rest of the way to st louis and i drove his rollback with my posessed engine eater on the back !! Then many great friend helped us out all week being  taxi service for me, my kids and our luggage all over town . Many thanks to all .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on September 21, 2008, 08:23:41 PM
the birdible is down for the count again. Spun cam baring is the early diagnosis.!!!!!!!   Had a great time but was depressed i could not drive My car again.       

WTF.....sorry man  :rotz:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on September 21, 2008, 08:28:41 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 21, 2008, 08:23:41 PM

WTF.....sorry man  :rotz:
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: I was sick with a cold all week too but still had a great time, greatest  cars greatest  people  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mopurr

I know the car count was at at least 38 on Sat. and Gained another 1 or 2 on Sunday.

It was great to see everyone and glad that everyone had a great time.

Had to come back to work to get some rest.

I have lots of photos on the track but will probably not have time to post until later in the week

DSAC got the club participation award

There were several people & cars there that I had not seen before.

hemi68charger

Wow... look at all those wings.......   Thanks for sharing, looks to have been a great time........   :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

xs29j8Bullitt

Had a blast too, and met several forum members in person for the first time.  With the ones that I met last year, that makes about a dozen so far... missed meeting a couple though.

It  was great talking to you Larry... look at the first picture, you had the tallest wing in the parking lot!  :lol:

Picture 2 - The wings sure look great all in a row...

I will post more pictures over the next few days, kinda tired now and I need to unload my pickup...

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hotrod98

... look at the first picture, you had the tallest wing in the parking lot

Wow, I never noticed that before. Sandra will be so proud.
I was going to e-mail you this evening Allen and tell you that I enjoyed meeting you. I'll just say it here.
And, thanks to Sherri for all of her hard work. The name tags helped a lot.
It's so nice to meet the people that we talk to on the board. The wing car people are very nice and they all have great stories to tell.
We can't wait to get a real wing car and become official wingers, but we'll enjoy the cloner until then.

Charles Addams

41husk

I thought it was set up much better this year, in the past the wing cars were just in a row.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on September 22, 2008, 07:01:03 PM
I thought it was set up much better this year, in the past the wing cars were just in a row.

That made for a nice display. I think someone took photos from the grandstands. Can't wait to see how they turned out.
Quinton, did your buddy get any good pics from up there?
We should see several pics of the cars on the track...soon.

Charles Addams

69_500

And to think I missed all of the action this year. So who did you ride with Allen?

gtx6970

the Race talladegas sounded wicked on the go around

hotrod98

I hated that we had to leave before the pace laps started, but I hate driving for very long after dark.
It rained on us half of the way home which made it even worse.

Anyone have videos that they plan to put on Youtube?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on September 22, 2008, 07:44:59 PM
And to think I missed all of the action this year. So who did you ride with Allen?
Allen ,Ian and I rode around the track with doctor bill in his F6 green daytona he bought new . The doctor is such a great guy , and I love the color combo on his daytona .

Aero426

It was a great event.   Rich, Gene, Sherri and Brent did a wonderful job.    I haven't a final count, but it was close to 40 Aero Cars + or - a couple. 

If you attended and did not get a dash plaque, let me know.  I handed out 49 of them. 

The Aero Fords were well received at MMW and really complimented the display.