News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona wing on ebay 68 Charger

Started by nascarxx29, September 19, 2008, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

petercharger

seen the car before...way way to much for that charger...should have tried to do it with a 70 would have looked better with the grille etc.. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

tan top

that car belonged to a member on here , Airmaster i think it was  :scratchchin:   done the paint him self  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

"Collectors Please note that if you don't like the wing simply remove it.

If you want to build a DAYTONA RE-CREATION your 3/4 of the way there, just install the nose and you have a Replica that sells for over $200,000
"

3/4 the way there for the fender scoops and wing...what about nose cone and rear plug? not even half way there IMO. And over $200k for a replica? The 50k buy now price is way too much already.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

WingCharger

I like it! Before I really got into Daytonas, I wanted to simply put a wing and fender scoops on a Charger, instead of going full clone. That is where my name came from! :icon_smile_big:

Ryan

what is the seller smoking? 50K for that :hah:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

hotrod98

That's a little high for a 68 Charger.
I would probably take 50K for my Daytona clone and it's a real RT/SE triple black car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Quote from: tan top on September 19, 2008, 05:50:28 PM
that car belonged to a member on here , Airmaster i think it was  :scratchchin:   done the paint him self  :yesnod:

:yesnod:

Arigmaster is the member's name.  Here's one thread (of several) about his car:

Linky

hemigeno

Quote from: Ryan on September 21, 2008, 03:07:37 PM
what is the seller smoking? 50K for that :hah:

:no:

A Buy-It-Now price can be looked at as: "If you want it that badly, here's the price to end the auction NOW".  It doesn't have to be what the seller feels is the true value of the car.  An opening bid of $20k isn't bad for a sharp looking '68 irrespective of the wing & scoops.

That being said, I agree 100% that the car is not 3/4 of the way to being a Daytona clone since the wing and scoops are the easiest of the mods required.  All that's left is the hard stuff.   :o

:Twocents:

Mopurr

and you have not even considered changing the tail panel & the fact that the hood has to go

The Seats look like crap with all of the wrinkles but then again they would have to be replaced to actually become a clone.....if it was mine I would have get those seats out and take the covers off and get them fitted properly.  and just let the car be a 68

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Arigmaster

Aaarrrgh!  I wish I could win the lotto or something and get it back from him.  (Mike)  I know what I got for the car and sort of know how much he put in it to finish the motor and interior. Yea the 50K is steep but I can tell you one thing... I put allot of time into that car to make sure it was virtually bondo free.

Divorce Sucks! I'm glad it's over with but still reeling from the financial backlash.

AL

41husk

50k is a bit steep but 25k for a rust free running driving 68 is in the ball park :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Magnumcharger

I'm sorry - but that car looks awful.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Old Moparz

Quote from: Arigmaster on September 22, 2008, 06:34:10 PM
Aaarrrgh!  I wish I could win the lotto or something and get it back from him.  (Mike)  I know what I got for the car and sort of know how much he put in it to finish the motor and interior. Yea the 50K is steep but I can tell you one thing... I put allot of time into that car to make sure it was virtually bondo free.

Divorce Sucks! I'm glad it's over with but still reeling from the financial backlash.

AL

Hey Al,

If I remember it right, you installed a fiberglass wing from Showcars up in Canada, right? If so, that explains the sag in the wing that you can see in the photo. I remember you told me about how many hours you had to put into it & you still weren't happy. I almost bought their nose cone years ago, but after you told me about the issues with the wing, I said forget it.

One thing I don't understand (unless he's just full of s**t) is the current seller's claim that the wing is an original Daytona wing.  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Arigmaster

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 24, 2008, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Arigmaster on September 22, 2008, 06:34:10 PM

AL

Hey Al,

If I remember it right, you installed a fiberglass wing from Showcars up in Canada, right? If so, that explains the sag in the wing that you can see in the photo. I remember you told me about how many hours you had to put into it & you still weren't happy. I almost bought their nose cone years ago, but after you told me about the issues with the wing, I said forget it.

One thing I don't understand (unless he's just full of s**t) is the current seller's claim that the wing is an original Daytona wing.  :shruggy:

I don't know why he would claim it as original... First off it's fiberglass and not metal. Hell, I even told him that he might want to look into buying a new center blade from Ted Janek. (BTW... Ted won't sell just the pieces I learned later after it was gone) Perhaps he meant original style?

And yes... Showcars sells crap parts and do not stand behind their products. I friggen dare them to sue me for posting that because I have documentation of their song and dance crap when I wanted my money back or a replacement. (didn't get either...) As for the seller, Mike is a really nice guy and one hell of an engine builder. I can imagine he might be hurting for $$$ right now because of the fuel costs and economy in general. I'm sure many of the preformance shops are hurting for money right now.

I know exactly what's under the paint and he isn't exagerating when he says the car is rock solid. I know for a fact it is...

I'm sure like any used car on e-bay...You have to look at it for what it is rather than how it's described. I built the car the way I wanted it but it's not for everyone so I never cared if anyone else liked it. I didn't build it for them. Mike liked it and bought it from me. ...