News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger hood latch

Started by 619, October 09, 2012, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm positive my car does not have the correct hood latch mechanism. I have to crawl underneath and snake my hand up to barely pop the latch to open the hood, this gets tough depending on the situation you are in when you need to open the hood. I attached pictures, can someone please tell me what is going on here, and what I can do to fix it.

Ghoste

kab69440

You have a 69 grille in a 68 header that still has the release handle in the 68 position. Hold on, I'll upload a pic of a 69 catch release.

See those two empty holes in the recess just toward the passenger side? That is where your catch release goes. There is a linkage that runs from there to the latch. You need to dig up and install the missing pieces.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Quote from: Ghoste on October 09, 2012, 03:57:24 PM
It looks right to me.  :shruggy:

Hmm ok, there has to be an easier way to do this than getting under the car and bending my arm in 3 different angles to barley hit the latch with the end of my finger and on 150 degree asphalt :(

Ghoste

No I think I get what kab is saying.  The two latches are not exactly the same and even though I don't recognize the difference there I do know they are slightly different so when his pic goes up it should show it.

kab69440

You have to bend your arm funny because the release is hidden behind the center divider. If you look at the underside at the top of the grille, you will see a rectangular cutout. That is where the thumb lever should protrude.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Thank you, I see now what Im missing.
If I buy the correct 69 pieces will they bolt up to the 68 header. Will get expensive if i had to replace the 68 piece.

kab69440

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

Lord Warlock

does anyone sell the parts for the latch? I'm missing the rod between the latch and the lock on my 69
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 19, 2012, 07:53:47 PM
does anyone sell the parts for the latch? I'm missing the rod between the latch and the lock on my 69

Used only.... as far as I know...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T