News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with charging system

Started by 1968_Charger, September 28, 2008, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968_Charger

my voltage regulator blew out. i put a new electronic one on and now my gauge does not read positive, once the motor starts it reads neg. and if i use any acc. it goes further neg. i had the alternator checked and its good.  if i give it some gas the needle just stays where it is, it doesnt go to charge ever. i cant figure out whats wrong.
need some help here guys  :brickwall:

1969chargerrtse

Does the fusible link have anything to do with the charging circuit?  You can run the engine and then jump a wire from the two ends of the link wire and see if it starts charging? Lets see how long it takes for your thread to be " moved " to the electrical section.  They really enjoy doing that. :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

71_deputy

make sure there is a good clean ground to the firewall- no paint behind the reg. or the spot for the bolt!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

1968_Charger

problem solved, that new voltage regulator i bought was bad,i got another one and its fine.
thanks guys