News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged Warriors 2009 NATIONAL MEET - , Virginia**UPDATE JUNE 22 pictures ***

Started by moparstuart, September 12, 2008, 10:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

NEXT YEARS EVENT    check out the website for updates     www.wwnboa.org/comingevents.htm

JUNE 14-20 2009: Lynchburg, VA, Winged Warriors/NBOA National Meet with Barry and Rita Moorefield as hosts. Headquarters hotel will be the Wingate by Windham where we have 50 rooms blocked at a rate of $99 per night. For reservations call 1-888-494-6428 and ask for the Winged Warriors block of rooms. There is trailer parking at Liberty University which is in sight of the Wingate. There is security at the University parking lot so cars could be parked in their trailers overnight if you wish to do so. Activities so far include a dinner cruise on a boat which will be two hours long at $41 per person (meal included). Watch here for added agenda and more info

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47114.0.html
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

can someone split this thread back to the Duluth meet and post new about the Richmond meet?  it would help a TON in the future for searches and it's a pain to dig through the old meet to find the info on the new one.

Big Bird

good idea Pettybird, we need some new space. Looking for upcoming agenda as soon as it's available so as to plan & book reservations for that event.
BIG - BIRD :)

Old Moparz

Wow, one of my best friends moved to a small town just outside of Lynchburg, literally minutes away. That's not so far of a ride compared to where the meets have been before, so I might do this trip. I'll have to badger my Chebbie friend to let me stay at his place & drag him to the meet.   :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

***** UPDATE ******

JUNE 14-20: Lynchburg, VA, Winged Warriors/NBOA National Meet with Barry and Rita Moorefield as hosts. Headquarters hotel will be the Wingate by Windham where we have 50 rooms blocked at a rate of $99 per night. For reservations call 1-888-494-6428 and ask for the Winged Warriors block of rooms. There is trailer parking at Liberty University which is in sight of the Wingate. There is security at the University parking lot so cars could be parked in their trailers overnight if you wish to do so. Activities planned so far include: a tour of Griffin Pipe Products which is a 100+ year-old foundry in Lynchburg; a tour of Arrington Racing which is currently developing the next generation Cup motor and starting a crate Hemi program; lunch at Buddy Arrington's restaurant in Martinsville (We do not have confirmation yet on getting into Martinsville Speedway but Barry was told that this should be something we could do); a visit to the Virginia Museum of Transportation in Roanoke (Roanoke was the center of the Norfolk and Western Railway so there are lots of train displays among other things); a run along the Blue Ridge Parkway; visit to O. Winston Link museum (he was a renowned black and white photographer, especially night train shots); visit to National D-Day Memorial in Bedford; a night dinner cruise on the "Virginia Dare" on Smith Mountain Lake; visit to the Natural Bridge (one of the 7 wonders of the world); lunch at the "Pink Cadillac" diner; visit to the Appomattox surrender grounds (site of the end of the Civil War); show 'n shine at John P Hughes Dodge (the oldest continually operating Dodge dealer). If you have any questions about this event or would like to assist with the meet, please call Barry at (434) 821-2174.

www.wwnboa.org/comingevents.htm

RTDaddy

Stuart,
Thanks for the post.  I will be updating with a more refined intinerary as the date approaches.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

RTDaddy

Note to all possibly attending, the cut-off date for getting one of the 50 rooms blocked offf at our $99/night rate is 1 May. (Sorry, this snuck up on me). 
Right now the ininerary is looking like this:
Monday, 15 June, Registration, thos wishing to attend, a cook-out at my place Monday afternoon/night

Tuesday, 16 June, Luncheon cruise on Virginia Dare at Smith Mountin Lake, Boarding at 11:30, 2 hour cruise, $38 each.  Afternoon trip to Appomattox surrender grounds

Wednesday, 17 June, Morning trip to Virginia Transportation Museum in Roanoke, Va., lunch on your own at Center-in-the -Square in Roanoke.  Cruise Blue Ridge Parkway
                             to Bedford, then to D-Day Memorial

Thursday, 18 June, Morning tour of Griffin Pipe foundry, cruise to Natural Bridge, Va., lunch

Friday, 19 June, Morning trip to Martinsville Speedway, lunch, Tour of Arrington Racing at Martinsville.  Raffle Friday night

Saturday, 20 June, Morning "show and shine" at John P. Hughes Dodge.  Those wishing to stay, monthly cruise-in at Liberty University.  This starts about 4 p.m. and
                          typically has 150+ cars

RTDaddy

To any potential attendees,
The "cut-off date for the reservations at the Wingate has been moved back 1 week, to 8 May.

Thanks,
RTDaddy

RTDaddy

To all,
While the deadline for the "block" of rooms at the Wingate in Lynchburg has passed, they have agreed to honor the room rate as long as space is available.  That being said, there is a state agency now looking at a meeting in Lynchburg the same week.  For those who may book a room at another motel, if you will post me or call before the meet, I will get you information.  If you visit the Winged Warriors" website, (www.wwnboa.org), there are suggested routes for those incoming, as if you are trailering, the GPS might try to take you down a less than desirable path.

"IF YOU 'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Big Bird

RT Daddy, got my reservations @ Wingate, went on map quest for directions, think i'm ok, but would like a P.O.C. phone # if i get lost. Coming in from NJ............ Thasnks, Ron Penska

RTDaddy

Bird,
Check your messages.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROl, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

RTDaddy

Winged Warriors meet itinerary revisions:

Monday - 15 June - Registration at Wingate, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.  Cookout at Rita and Barry's place, (10 min from Wingate) 5 p.m. - ???
Tuesday - 16 June - Trip to Appomattox Surrender grounds, depart Wingate 9 a.m. 

Wednesday - 17 June - Trip to Va. Museum of Transportation, depart Wingate 8 a.m., Cruise Blue Ridge Parkway to Peaks of Otter Lodge for lunch, cruise to D-Day Memorial

Thursday - 18 June - Griffin Pipe plant tour, depart Wingate at 8:30 a.m., cruise to "Pink Cadallic" diner(near Natural Bridge) for lunch, cruise to Natural bridge

Friday - 19 June - Trip to Martinsville Speedway, depart Wingate at 8 a.m. YOU MUST BE A CLUB MEMBER TO GET ONTO THE TRACK ,cruise to Buddy Arrrington's resturant for buffet lunch, cruise to Arrington Engines for shop tour.  Bring your Buddy Arrington memorabilia.
Club Raffle at Wingate Friday night.

Saturday - 20 June - "Show and Shine" at John P. Hughes Motor Company, oldest Dodge dealer in U.S.  depart Wingate at 8:30 a.m.  "Cruise-in" at Liberty Mountain Saturday afternoon, we have reserved area, and typically 150+ cars show up.  Depart Wingate at 3 p.m.

If you need info, or are booked at another motel, please call Barry
2434-821-2174, or post bmopar@verizon.net, and I will get you the information packet for the meet.

moparstuart

barry we are coming across country on I-64 ,what is the best way to come into virginia ?

RTDaddy

Stuart,
Are you pulling a trailer?  If you check the Winged Warriors website, (www.wwnboa.org), I broke down the best ways to come from nearly all point of the compass.  If you're trailering, come I-64 east to Charlottesville, Va. then U.S. 29 south to Lynchburg, following U.S. 29 all the way, (do not take any "Busines 29" exits).  When you reach Amherst, Va., (about 45 min south of Charlottesville), you have a choice of "Business 29" to Amherst.  DO NOT TAKE THE BUSINESS EXIT AT AMHERST.  Keep with U.S. 29 south.  IN about 20 minutes, you will cross the James River on the Monacan bridge.  You will then take a tight exit U.S. 29 south towards Lynchburg/Danville.  You are within 15 minutes of the Wingate.  To get to the Wingate, follow 29 south, you will pass to a U.S. 501 exit, (Campbell Avenue), then you come to U.S. 501 Rt. 128 exit, (Candlers Mountain Rd), take this exit, make a left at the 1st light onto Rt. 670.  Go through the 1st light you come too, the road will make a sharp left and go downhill to a 2nd light.  Go straight through the 2nd light, the Wingate is up the hill on the right.

ALSO CHECK YOUR PM

moparstuart

moparstuart

we are here and having a blast small turn out but great people and good seeing everyone again.

I'll try and post some pictures soon, Barry has done a great job .

Big Bird

looking foward to arriving Thursday evening about 6:00 pm, hoping not too much trouble finding the place. Want to be involved with the trip on Friday & show on Sat. Got Barry's cell # if i get in trouble

moparstuart

we have 13 different wing cars and one 69 roadrunner convertible so far

had a blast today in the fog and rain on the mountain sides     :D :D :D :D :D  suppost to be sunny tomorrow

we have some pretty neat cars showing up a very rare gold daytona and a topless super charger .  Oh and of course a birdible  :D :D :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: Big Bird on June 17, 2009, 10:59:29 AM
looking foward to arriving Thursday evening about 6:00 pm, hoping not too much trouble finding the place. Want to be involved with the trip on Friday & show on Sat. Got Barry's cell # if i get in trouble
we have moved the club raffle to thursday night 

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

the hotel computer sucks , so they will have to wait untill i get home

01-RT-SE

PLEASE post some pics, We left Richmond a little to late thinking the show would last a little longer than 12:00 noon.When we got there they told us everyone had left 15 min. ago.WE road around hoping to spot the cars somewhere,but only found the Daytona at the hotel.He was packing up and headed back to Va. Beach :brickwall:Thought about hanging around for the show but figured most everyone would be heading HOME.Sorry to have missed the show I had been hypted ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL week to attend this thing.
69 FEELS FINE

01-RT-SE

I guess I will have to do a little better planning next time.Any how it was a nice drive down 307 and 460 ,weather held out.We drove the 300M Special insted of our CHARGER.Wasn't sure what the weather was going to do.
69 FEELS FINE

moparstuart

i have like over 600 pics   martinsville speedway was a blast they cinda just let us loose, arrington engines was amazing also and buddy is just an awesome guy. 

barry did a fantastic job planning and carrying out  the event  . We all had a great time and it was an extremely  fun time.

RTDaddy

Stuart,
I assume you made it home OK.  Let me know what you find on the 'Birdible.  I've been writing photo captions all day, I have nearly 300 pics.  I hope a good time was had by all.  Thanks to those attending.  I will have a meet summary up soon.

Thanks,
RTDaddy