News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So I'm browsing ebay for wheels...and there's so much and so much I don't know

Started by Doc74, October 26, 2005, 03:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc74

Like I see these rims for fords that are 5x4.5, so do they fit a charger ? I kinda like Eleanor's rims  ;D
Any other makes or things to look for? Searching for rim for a dodge gives me tons of truck rims.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

5 on 4.5 is a mopar pattern. But you know you truely desire steelies. :icon_smile_big:

Doc74

Quote from: moparguy01 on October 26, 2005, 10:44:48 PM
5 on 4.5 is a mopar pattern. But you know you truely desire steelies. :icon_smile_big:

Haha heck I don't even know what I want yet  ;D
If it's mopar pattern then why do mustangs have the same? Where lies the difference ?
I hate chosing wheels for a car, always the same long and tedious journey... :icon_smile_big:

bull

Ford/Mopar 5 on 4 1/2 are virtually always interchangeable during the muscle car years. The thing you have to watch out for more than anything is the backspacing.

Doc74

Quote from: bull on October 28, 2005, 10:07:13 AM
Ford/Mopar 5 on 4 1/2 are virtually always interchangeable during the muscle car years. The thing you have to watch out for more than anything is the backspacing.

Cool !
That widens the choice a bit, thanks  :thumbs:

Ghoste

Watch the center hole on Ford specific rims as well.  Most of them are big enough to use on a Mopar but some of them are only big enough to fit over the axle of the almight great and unbreakable 9 inch which, as it turns out, uses a smaller axle diameter than a lowly 8 3/4.

Doc74

Quote from: Ghoste on October 28, 2005, 07:38:20 PM
Watch the center hole on Ford specific rims as well.  Most of them are big enough to use on a Mopar but some of them are only big enough to fit over the axle of the almight great and unbreakable 9 inch which, as it turns out, uses a smaller axle diameter than a lowly 8 3/4.

OH didn't know that either, thanks for the tip .

CB

so doc, you ain't looking for the Vectors huh :D

I was lucky to find my polished slotted mags on the bay for 400 bucks, with good rear tires.

How much you want to spend on the rims? And you don't need to ship them overseas right?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Doc74

Quote from: CB on November 01, 2005, 10:15:29 AM
so doc, you ain't looking for the Vectors huh :D

I was lucky to find my polished slotted mags on the bay for 400 bucks, with good rear tires.

How much you want to spend on the rims? And you don't need to ship them overseas right?

Haha no vectors no, altough I did follow an ebay auction for unilugs, from a member here.
General or not (in my case not) I still like the rims.
I will have somewhat bigger ones but I'll need something affordable for pre resto.

Yeah you were lucky, I'm gonna watch out for the slottted mags, I like them on your ride.

Want to spend? Next to nothing  :icon_smile_big:
No idea really, nothing extrme since my future rims will be sickly expensive, can't find what I want so it's to the drawing board for me and then have someone make them....yikes
I heard the vectors will be reproduced, if the price is right, who knows.
They'd be shipped to either Mi (probably) or OH ( this is where Troy cries :-) so I don't have to worry too much about those costs.

71charger_fan