News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' Charger Quarter Skins:

Started by Captain D, October 06, 2008, 10:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

I wish I knew how to post pics, but til' then...  ;)

After several weeks of prep work, and arranging time round' college and our jobs, the skins finally went on and everything simply looks awesome!! We've got to hit a few more minor welds in the next day or two, but overall, this good ol' boy is looking sweet! I'm very pleased with the fitting  :2thumbs:.

I suppose another good thing about taking that much off the car is that I was really able to get up inside the deepest parts of the car to sand and seal everything up nice & clean.

Here is what I hope to do later this week:

1.) grind down the any high welds,
2.) treat the welded front so that nothing rusts,
3.) apply seam sealer on the inside,
4.) to help blend in the panels, both the Duraglass or Everglass fiberglass filler was highly recommended, (as a thin layer).
5.) sand down as best as I can, then apply a thin layer of Dynatron Glazing & Spot Putty to smooth everything out.
6.) and, sand that down & apply pimer.

On that note...to those who have used either the Duraglass or Everglass, which of the two is better and why? Or are they about the same?

"Thank you" again for any replies, suggestions, and/or tips!
High regards,
Aaron