News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to spray in the inside of the doors???????

Started by wldside, October 07, 2008, 07:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wldside

I'm working on my 69 and am curious what people are using in the inside of their doors for a sound deadener.   :scratchchin:  The factory looked to be a type of undercoating, but I'm not sure what to buy to duplicate or exceed the factory performance.  I used dynamat on the floor and thought about using it in the doors as well, but the bodywork and paint is complete and I don't feel comfortable at all rolling this stuff on in the doors.  What have you guys used that you like and where can I get it?

Thanks,
Dave

FLG

Why do you not feel comforable doing it?

The inner door has nothing to do with paint or your body work. Just need to remove the inner panels if there installed.

wldside

I understand, maybe I am just overly cautious.  I guess it just scares me to use a roller on the inside of a finished door.  Is the dynamat what most of you are using?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

gasoline_24

I am going to spray Lizard Skin inside of mine.  Both the heat and sound product.

Charger74

Elemental Designs also has some stuff you can brush on for a sound deadener,  it's suppose to be pretty good.

PocketThunder

i rolled edead from elemental designs on my doors.  that was the best thing i ever did to get that sweet sound when you shut the door. click!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Hemidog

do you roll it directly on the door skin or behind the door panel? or both?

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tatrick2me

The inside of the door should be sprayed with a rust converter first. Then sprayed with undercoating. Put the plastic moister bearer on then the dyna mat. Things like this should never be put inside the doors or Q,panels. If you ever get caught in the rain the stuff will never dry out causing rust and oder problem. Been there done that.
Bone 7

towscum

after my car was sand blasted,i sprayed it with etching primer, i used 3-m spray can undercoating inside the doors, cheap and works great.
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed