News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

are a 360 crank pulley and a 440 crank pulley interchangable?

Started by 1968_Charger, October 08, 2008, 04:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968_Charger

im putting a supercharger on my 360 and i need a pulley for the crank, all i can find are crank pulleys for 440 engines, where can i get acrank pulley that will work?

tecmopar

If you are talking about the pulley, NOT the dampener and the bolt holes line up and the center hole is right, I don;t see any reason not to use it, hell I've used Chebby pullys before, good luck.

1968_Charger

chevy pullies seem to b alot easier to ciome by.  ive seen alot of pullies for chevys, whould a sb or bb chevy pulley work with no modification?

1968_Charger

ok i think i found a solution. i need a set of the march style 6 rib belt pulleys. they should work but i cant find them for sale anywhere. anyone know where you get them, or if someone has a set i could buy that would be great.
thanks

1968_Charger

if you look at that picture for the 360 v belt to serpentine belt kit the pulley only has 3 holes in it, is that normal? ive never really noticed but i thought ours had 6 bolts. if three can be used couldnt i buy a sb chevy pulley i need and just drill the holes in it?

1968_Charger

could someone who has access to sb and bb chevy crank pulleys see what the difference in the bolt pattern is compared to the 360 stock pulley and if they could be used. i think that using a chevy pulley set will be the cheapest way to go.
this would really help me out
thanks

Ghoste

Did you e-mail them at March and ask them, they must have a tech line?

1968_Charger

well after looking at the marck pulleys close i dont think they will be in line with the supercharger pulley, it sticks out a little further.

1968_Charger

ive sent emails to them and dli about the pulleys. no one has responded yet.

Ghoste

What about the blower manufacturer?  (sorry, I'm kind of pointing at all of the obvious things here but sometimes those are the ones)

1968_Charger

well the blower was made by b&m they were sold to holley and weiand uses some for newer kits, but they no longer make the sb chrysler kits.
dick landy also had a kit using this b&m blower, but they are out of business. i called weiand and they dont know how i could get one. so i either have to come across one for sale used or come up with some way to use a chevy or ford pulley, maybe drilling new holes to bolt it to my crank pulley or something like that.
heres what i need:  a 6 rib pulley that will bolt inside of my stock v belt pulley and stick out just enough for the actual pulley to be seen. i measured it and it looks like a 6" pulley that is about  3" deep from where it would butt up against the stock pulley to where the belt goes on.

look at the photo here and you will see what i mean.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/37345_favorite_engine_combinations/photo_02.html

Ghoste

Well now I se what you meant by the 3 bolts holding it on.  Have you checked at any of the more race oriented Mopar sites?

1968_Charger

ive spent several hours trying to find what im looking for. everyone uses the bigger blowers for the bb and no one has anything for a sb.  i cant believe no one has what im looking for. someone has to make it.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

1968_Charger

that looks like a good site. i sent them an email.
thanks

l8rg8r

bb chevy and sblk chevy are the same three 1/4 inch holes with a bigger bolt circle than any mopar small or big block but all v8 mopars are the same with the exception of about 73 they changed and moved one bolt hole either off set so you have to have the pulley clocked right or vise versa so if your 360 has all six bolts evanly spaced then you can use a 440 pulley with all six bolts evanly spaced if your 360 has one bolt off from the rest you will need a 440 pulley with one hole off as well

1968_Charger

anybody have any idea if a magnum engine crank pulley will bolt up to a 73 360?