News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I see dozens every year but only if I go to a couple car shows. Otherwise I rarely see them at all just out in public rolling down the street. The last time I saw a 2nd gen Charger it was a '68 turning at a stop sign about 1/2 mile from my house, and that was over two years ago. Since that time I've seen one third gen Charger and that was probably 10 months ago. I just never see them. Is it the area in which I live? Do some of you in other parts of the country or world see classic Chargers more frequently?

ChargerBill

Saw a white one 3 weeks ago and a blue one on Sunday pulling into the local Dodge dealership.

BTW: I like how you specified the years...keep those wannabe Chagnums out of this thread... :yesnod:
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

Last August (I think it was), the day I found my Barracuda, I also saw 2 73/74 SE's, and a couple months later, spotted a 68 driving around town, and a 69 in a neighboring town.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

limey

I saw a triple black 68 driving over Tower Bridge in London in  February....that same day I saw a rough round the edges 72 R/T parked up in a street in Kennington, London. Pretty rare to see them at all over here, so I was impressed - I'd gone down to London to visit my sister for the weekend. I think she was a touch disappointed that seeing the Mopars appeared to be the highlight of my weekend!! :-X
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Ghoste

I see them from time to time but like you say, it's probably a regional thing.  I'm close to Detroit so I still see a lot of American cars from most eras running around occasionally.

moparsons

I never see them. Once in a blue moon a third gen or an omni-charger, but never a first or second gen.

ChargerBill

I guess I should have clarified that they were both '69's. Now that I think about it I also saw a sublime '72 going the opposite direction on the freeway last week, a black '73 on a trailer about 4 weeks ago and an off-white '67 in a driveway 2 weekends ago....hmmm, maybe I'm in Charger heaven. :icon_smile_wink:

I should also mention the brown Demon, the yellow Scamp, the mango Challenger, the red '67 Barracuda vert, the black '70 RR, the gold 440 Coronet and the primered '68 Satellite I see around town all the time. Oh yeah, the '67 Polara station wagon (440 underhood) that I see now and again is pretty cool too...
Life is a highway...

terrible one

Yesterday, I guess.

I see a '71 R/T and a '72 over at my friends house to which I usually go after school, if that counts. If not, about a month ago I saw a black '73 on my way to school. Never have seen it again.

Sadly, I have NEVER seen a first or second gen anywhere close to here.

dodgecharger-fan

Kind of a mix of both scenarios... last year, while on my way to Moparfest is saw lots of Chargers and other mopar cars on the highway going towards the town of New Hamburg. So they were in the wild, but I doubt they would have been there on any other day of the year.

TruckDriver

I see them all the time around here. I go about 10 miles one way, some guy has a silver '66 or '67. I go about 5 miles another, another guy has a few '71 - '72 Chargers. Over near my parents, there is a '69 "General Lee". Last year I saw a nice '68 too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Telvis

I never see them around here either. I saw a third gen a few years ago but that's about it. There's a guy that has a purple Cuda and I see it about once a year. It's slim pickin's around here.

67_Dodge_Charger

I spotted a 72 last fall, just a quick glance of a 69 as it passed me in town also last fall, a 73 parked at a residence and 15 plus at car shows this past year.  The best was the car show drive down the drag,  it was great to see all of my favorite cars on the old drag.

-Robert

defiance

Nope, none other than the one in my driveway...  Just don't see 'em...

69_se_ron

There's one here in Nashville that an eccentric old lady has as her daily driver.  It's a 69 SE, B3 blue, white vinyl top/white interior, original paint, original Magnum 500's, straight body, helluva car.  She's been approached by members of the local Mopar club, but she says that she is the original owner and it's the only car she's ever had, that it's absolutely not for sale.  She lives in a pretty bad neighborhood, but I'll still drive by occasionally and it's always there.  I'll do my best to get a "drive by" pic, since it's the kind of 'hood that you'd get greeted by a 12 guage if you knocked on the door.  I've seen it around town for many years...looks so funny to see this little white-haired lady, barely able to look over the steering wheel, tooling around in her Charger.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

bull

This doesn't quite count but I was very surprised to see a '72 'Cuda today. You don't see those any more often than Chargers it seems.

Charger_Fan

I see maybe one or two just driving around "in the wild" each year...and I give myself whiplash each time, too. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CaptMarvel

There are several fastbacks here in the Fresno area, one pretty sharp red one I saw a month or so ago. I dont see too many 2nd gens, a few years ago there was a good looking yellow/black 69 & a sublime green 69 that I almost bought (still kicking myself) Years ago, in the early 80's there was a metal flake green 68 R/T with black/gold highlights. The lic plate said hot luver. I havent seen that one for forever.....3rd gens? I havent noticed too many recently..

Schuler

It seems like I see 3rd gens all the time actually. I saw a 1st gen at a used car dealership not too long ago. It was a little more money than I thought it was worth.
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Bandit72

theres a 70 here in town i see once every blue moon, i know the owner, pretty cool guy, and about 10 miles from me there is another 72 driving around, i see it about every weekend...

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

rare69

had to run to seattle a few weeks ago and saw a stunning triple black 68 rt. also spotted a all black 70 here in town cruising down the road, sure dont see em like i did ten years ago. :rotz:

THE CHARGER PUNK

a guy owns a primered 69 charger round here and hes drives it almost everyday, see a triple green 69 charger downtown sometimes-MATT

69fourspd

I actually saw a dark green 68  driving yesterday for the first time in about a year and a half.  South burbs of Chicago.

SeattleCharger

Last late summer there was a red '69 parked on the street in W. Seattle where I drove past, it was there in the eves. for a month or two, then never saw it again. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

TheGhost

Here's a picture I snapped last summer, of the 69 that I saw.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger_Fan

Last summer, I just about rear ended a car in front of me as I approached a red light...because in my mirror, this baby was fast approaching! :o

This pic was actually taken around 1999, while on a motorcycle ride with some friends.
Last summer was the first time I'd seen it since. It looked exactly the same, but the owner has added a bunch of performance stickers on the lower front fender. It's got a R/T emblem on the fender...and if I recall, a Charger script above it.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)