News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

After 40 years, a hood change really is not a dead give away. :Twocents:

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bob

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 09, 2014, 11:10:21 PM
After 40 years, a hood change really is not a dead give away. :Twocents:
True ACUDANUT, I have a fiber glass hood on my 74 that would confuse people. I did have one person ask if my car was a 70. :smilielol:

FastbackJon

My wife and I took a trip last year about this time and saw a '68 Charger on the road coming towards us but no video.

This year we just took a trip to Glacier National Park and happened to have the camera going (filming a small dam) at the right time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sl20wb86nw

As God has a sense of humor the video happened to be named MAH00068.MP4 (with picture/video 67 preceeding and picture/video 69 following).
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

VegasCharger

Local Chipotles in Las Vegas, NV
Joe Dirt Charger 73 Style but hey its a Charger and its being driven  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

Heck yeah, after that many years in the Nevada sun that car can hold its up.

J.Bond

Leaving a local train yard I was working at, yesterday afternoon. Did the usual look to the left and then checked my right, and yikes, 69B5 Blue R/T, coming right at me. Gave the owner a thumbs up, he seemed a little surprised. I know the area , and have never seen this car before. I continue on my travels, the 69 is 3 cars ahead of me and pulls into a drive way a quarter mile ahead. Do not do this very often, but, I pulled in behind him and introduced myself and asked the usual, Are you a member of D.C.com. I'm always surprised at the number of Charger owners who have no idea this place exists. Long story short, my camera was back home in the console of the 67, pic's to come. The owner's dad just passed recently and the car was passed down. Pretty much a survivor, original paint car, B5 with a black gut and black stripe, XS29L auto

Ghoste

70 sublime

A week ago I was out with my daughter on our way to look at an econo box car for her to take to school this fall
Had cash money in our pockets
It was getting late and we were not sure we would get to the car before it was going to be too dark but we had to stop to grab a bite to eat
Along the way we passed a town
Turned up a side street to go to a burger joint and there was a bright yellow 70 Charger all fixed up in a driveway for sale
I told my daughter we had cash we should stop and look :)
But did not have enough time
Car would have been at least 3 times what we had to spend anyways and she did not think she would like to put the gas in it either

Another food related sighting
I was at a local drive through window a couple days ago waitng for my order and out on the street a 69 General Lee drove by all fixed up

Only Chargers I have seen all summer (so far )
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ACUDANUT

It was 105 today. I did not see any old chargers out there.

toocheaptosmoke

Saw a 3rd gen with sweet side stripe coming home from work yesterday. :2thumbs:

Troy

I saw a green 69 coming at me on the way home the other night. I didn't recognize the driver so maybe I'll be able to track it down at a show or cruise-in later this summer.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bob T

About 3 weeks ago I saw this Aussie charger down at the marina.
Pretty rare, last production model built CL 1978 318 2bbl
Very good condition, the tyres must have been 20 years old though!! Guess it doesnt get out much...
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

TUFCAT

That front end!!!  :eek:   Its really,....well, ...interesting looking!  :D

myk

I see worn out tires at car shows/cruises all the time.  I have to say that I just don't get it... :shruggy:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Bob T

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 24, 2014, 08:29:43 PM
That front end!!!  :eek:   Its really,....well, ...interesting looking!  :D

Isn't it!!  :hah: Chrysler Australia had run out of dough and run out of tricks by that stage and the public just weren't buying a slight rehash of the front panels , stick on side stripe mouldings and Boca Raton cloth interior anymore.
At least this one is aqua , most got poo brown for the final nail in the coffin....

Same here Myk, those tyres are downright dangerous, can't understand how guys drive on them them and think its ok.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

greenpigs

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 30, 2014, 01:25:31 AM
Local Chipotles in Las Vegas, NV
Joe Dirt Charger 73 Style but hey its a Charger and its being driven  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I bet you this is the same one that was on Counting Cars, which was a no sale.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ACUDANUT

imabozo

I was out for a short run the other night to pick up some takeout and I passed by a yellow '68 in a parking lot. I gave home a wave and then he pulled out behind me. We cruised together through a few towns before he pulled off on another road. Felt pretty cool to have so many people looking at us cruising along.

UH60L

Last Saturday I saw several at our club's all mopar show in Salem Oregon.  If I recall correctly there was a '66, a '68, 2 or 3 '70's, a Daytona clone, and a '72.  I may be forgetting some.  We had 85 registered cars and another 15 to 20 stragglers that came in around noon and hung out for a while.

A better turn out than last year, but not as many as I have seen in the past.  Back when I first joined the club we had well over 100 and over 150 a couple of times.  It's really dropped off the last 5 years though...

Strangely enough the model with the highest number at our show....new challengers.

With the exception of one guy, there were no new 4 door sedans present.  The one guy who did drive one entered it in the "young guns" category because he was 20 years old...

Come to think of it, we haven't had any if those the last two or three years...

Nick5420

Saw a nice 69 at the weekly Cruz in today. Only 2nd charger I've seen other than mine and I'm there every Sat night.

Dreamcar

Yesterday, I had just picked up a donor roof for my 69 and was driving on the back roads between Guelph and Beaverton Ontario and a white 69 went by heading the other way. Looked real nice.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Ghoste