News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 20, 2016, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: Troy on June 19, 2016, 01:22:00 PM
Yes, I was driving a Ford.
Is that a '70 Mustang?
Yeah, it's my 70 Mach 1. It doesn't always look like that but, currently, the Shaker is on the shelf.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chris 69

Nice '68 in Pleasanton, California on 8/25/16. (Photo by one of my co-workers)

Lennard

bull

A friend of mine spotted this neglected soldier near Ellensburg, WA about a week ago.

ht4spd307

Quote from: bull on August 26, 2016, 02:35:31 PM
A friend of mine spotted this neglected soldier near Ellensburg, WA about a week ago.
now that's in the wild

Dreamcar

Just saw two today...

A GL near Brockville Ontario (Canada). I stopped to see it. XP car parked at a closed service garage.

Then back in Ottawa I saw a dark copper colored 69 or 70. Looked like it had a 70 front clip with a 69 tail panel and black 70 tail stripe.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Chris 69

On site, doing some work at NASA Ames Research Center at Moffit Field in Mountain View, CA today, and they were having a chili cook-off and car show around lunch time. Saw a couple of Mopars including this 1969 Charger, Hemi, automatic. No fender tag (may have been removed for theft prevention), and the VIN plate was covered.

Chris 69

:coolgleamA:

67Charger440

I passed a white 69/70 going the other direction this morning just 100 yards from my house.  I had just turned left onto the main street and caught a glimpse of that beautiful shape as it flashed by right behind another car.  The tail lights and recessed rear window were 69/70.  Never saw the front.  Funny thing is, I almost took the '67 since I had just had it out this morning taking it to the men's breakfast, but I didn't want her to smell of gas fumes at the birthday party I was taking her to.

Homerr

Saw this nice one in Seattle yesterday:

ACUDANUT

Cool. Not a fan of lowered Chargers and cheap looking hub caps though.  :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 03, 2016, 09:47:02 AM
Cool. Not a fan of lowered Chargers and cheap looking hub caps though.  :Twocents:

chargers and cheap don't go together, FYI  :icon_smile_big:

VegasCharger

Damn that's a sweet 68  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Even with the orange R/T stripes on a non R/T Charger. Looks to be a solid Charger.

Thanks for sharing.  :cheers:

ralley72

Saw this 72 SE in Arkansas this weekend. Talked with the owners son. Dad had built it several years ago and has since passed. Sons are taking very good care of this one.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

VegasCharger

Quote from: ralley72 on January 02, 2017, 03:51:50 PM
Saw this 72 SE in Arkansas this weekend. Talked with the owners son. Dad had built it several years ago and has since passed. Sons are taking very good care of this one.

Mike

That's not a 72 SE going by the side quarter glass.

ODZKing

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 03, 2017, 04:15:29 AM

Mike

:iagree: Not a 72 SE but could be just a coupe.

ralley72

Quote from: ODZKing on January 03, 2017, 10:16:32 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on January 03, 2017, 04:15:29 AM

Mike

:iagree: Not a 72 SE but could be just a coupe.
This I know. The builder used SE parts on this car, door panels, taillights, 74 bulge hood, kinda built it his way without the side window treatment the factory did. So I called it a SE even though its not a factory SE. Sorry. I do like it.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

BDF

Well those are some nice looking cars. I leave the critiquing of the burn-outs to our friends Down Under.
:lol:

ACUDANUT

Kern Dog

ENOUGH of this term...BARN FIND. ENOUGH. It is not original anymore. EVERY old car is not stored in a barn. Craigslist is chock full of BARN FIND ads. There is no way that every old car was stored in a barn. Just like the clueless dorks that talk about their uncle that bought the car "New off the showroom floor". I sold cars in the 80s. MOST cars never sat in the showroom, maybe 1% of the new cars sold ever sat inside yet somehow, EVERY classic car was bought NEW OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR.
I'm going to get drunk now.    :cheers:

VegasCharger

As you may or may not know by now (from previous posts) the "Barn Find" labeling crap annoys the hell out of me so I do see your point. And about the showroom floor stories, never seemed to notice them when people would talk about Mopars at the shows. Now that it's brought to my attention I guarantee I'll here some in the upcoming events lol.

XH29N0G

I found a barn the other day.  Inside the beltway, behind a tree.  This is the pic off google view.  

Every time I log on here I hope to find a picture of my car. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....