News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeesRT

My buddy took these pictures in Chico, CA tonight.  This is a 1969 Charger R/T, 440, auto, F6, V21 car.  The guy lives 15 miles from me.  I haven't seen his car out in the wild in quite some time.  It's identical to mine with the exception that mine is a 4-speed car with the Dana.

BDF

ralley72

1971 Charger at a shop for some brake work.
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger-Bodie

Or that oil slick is from something previously parked there.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ralley72

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 30, 2018, 01:00:16 PM
Correct, that shop is not the cleanest shop I've seen.

VegasCharger

Quote from: ralley72 on January 27, 2018, 09:38:26 AM

Your '71 is nice.  :2thumbs:

71 Chargers are really starting to grow on me. I like the base tail lights, I like the standard grilles (non hideaway) and preferably no vinyl top. Of course I would want bucket seats, slap stick and rallye cluster (but I wouldn't mind the standard sweep cluster either).

So basically an SE version w/o a vinyl top and no hideaways. Definitely no rear spoiler, no hood scoops and no front spoiler. Just a plain Jane 71 Charger with a lowered stance, steelies w/dog dish caps and with wide tires.

:cheers:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 30, 2018, 01:00:16 PM
I'm sure it is, I was just having fun. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ralley72

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 02, 2018, 09:12:16 AM
Quote from: ralley72 on January 27, 2018, 09:38:26 AM

Your '71 is nice.  :2thumbs:

71 Chargers are really starting to grow on me. I like the base tail lights, I like the standard grilles (non hideaway) and preferably no vinyl top. Of course I would want bucket seats, slap stick and rallye cluster (but I wouldn't mind the standard sweep cluster either).

So basically an SE version w/o a vinyl top and no hideaways. Definitely no rear spoiler, no hood scoops and no front spoiler. Just a plain Jane 71 Charger with a lowered stance, steelies w/dog dish caps and with wide tires.

This is not my car, ( wished it was) the owner is a older gentleman that drives it from time to time and takes good care of it. My 71 Charger is triple black 500. I'm with you on the standard grilles over the hideaways, but I prefer the rallye clusters. 3rd gen Chargers are great cars.

Mike

chargerperson

Not really in the wild but there is a navy blue 66-67 charger in Will Ferrell's Semi-Pro movie

See 2:42-2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEwGGbWuWw

VegasCharger

Quote from: chargerperson on February 24, 2018, 01:53:13 PM
Not really in the wild but there is a navy blue 66-67 charger in Will Ferrell's Semi-Pro movie

Here's a screenshot, not the greatest pic due to the low quality of the YouTube video.

Bad B-rad

Not to worry,that green 71, at the shop for brake work, was just marking its territory, that's all.

XH29N0G

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 24, 2018, 08:01:33 PM

Here's a screenshot, not the greatest pic due to the low quality of the YouTube video.

Maybe qualifies as a nature show?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

375instroke

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

birdsandbees

LOL.. guys that work in the same building meet on DC.com!!  :lol:

BOTH have been members here since 2005!

Posted pictures 6 minutes apart!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lennard

Quote from: birdsandbees on March 07, 2018, 06:26:03 PM

:lol:

Charger_Fan

375instroke

Quote from: triple_green on March 07, 2018, 03:23:15 PM
which one do you own? Mine is the 68..
Both.  Just bought the maroon one and got a ride after work to pick it up.

375instroke

Quote from: birdsandbees on March 07, 2018, 06:26:03 PM

I know, right.  I've only seen that '68 at the yearly car show at work, but never met the owner.  It's a big job site.

Chris 69

My Mom is substituting at Windsor High School, California today and saw this '68 in their auto shop class. Looks likely that it's an R/T. She's subbing there tomorrow, so I've requested that she get some more photos and info.

1969 R/T SE

Quote from: Chris 69 on March 08, 2018, 02:12:15 PM
My Mom is substituting at Windsor High School, California today and saw this '68 in their auto shop class. Looks likely that it's an R/T. She's subbing there tomorrow, so I've requested that she get some more photos and info.

Please get more info on that car, looks like a nice project

Lennard

That's a nice ratty Charger. :thumbs:
And a  :thumbs: for your mom, snapping a picture of it.

Reezee

That car belongs to one of the teenagers there. He is restoring it in shop class. It is a true RT car. He has an instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/98rokee/.

Cool car.
Thinker of thoughts such as: "What have I gotten myself into" & "This car is going to be so awesome when it's done"

Follow my restoration on:
YouTube under Richard's Resto
Facebook.com/MoparRichard
Instagram.com/MoparsInEurope