News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris 69

Quote from: Lennard on March 09, 2018, 03:54:59 AM
That's a nice ratty Charger. :thumbs:
And a  :thumbs: for your mom, snapping a picture of it.

She's sent me a handful of "in the wild" Charger photos that I've posted in this thread. Even my brother has photo'd a '69 that was posted here.  :2thumbs:

Chris 69

Quote from: Reezee on March 09, 2018, 10:04:43 AM
That car belongs to one of the teenagers there. He is restoring it in shop class. It is a true RT car. He has an instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/98rokee/.

Cool car.

That's awesome! I wish I had a car like that in High School!

Lennard

Quote from: Reezee on March 09, 2018, 10:04:43 AM
That car belongs to one of the teenagers there. He is restoring it in shop class. It is a true RT car. He has an instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/98rokee/.

Cool car.
He's got the right attitude:
Quote: "To some it's just a rust bucket to me it's my pride and joy."

Lennard

Quote from: Chris 69 on March 09, 2018, 11:14:21 AM
Quote from: Lennard on March 09, 2018, 03:54:59 AM
That's a nice ratty Charger. :thumbs:
And a  :thumbs: for your mom, snapping a picture of it.

She's sent me a handful of "in the wild" Charger photos that I've posted in this thread. Even my brother has photo'd a '69 that was posted here.  :2thumbs:
Family affair :thumbs:

VegasCharger

Quote from: Chris 69 on March 08, 2018, 02:12:15 PM
My Mom is substituting at Windsor High School, California today and saw this '68 in their auto shop class. Looks likely that it's an R/T. She's subbing there tomorrow, so I've requested that she get some more photos and info.

Very nice.  :2thumbs:

I liked this pic from the Instagram, looks evil. It's a screen shot and I edited out the jeep that was in the same pic. Hope you don't mind Chris 69.

:cheers:

JR

Found this pic floating around Facebook after attending our local car meet. The classics stick out like a sore thumb. It's both a blessing and a curse. :icon_smile_big:

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

MoParJW

GL in France last summer.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: JR on April 12, 2018, 07:57:46 PM
Found this pic floating around Facebook after attending our local car meet. The classics stick out like a sore thumb. It's both a blessing and a curse. :icon_smile_big:

I see one car in that photo that should be at a car show.  The rest of it looks like the grocery store parking lot.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ACUDANUT

I don't think finding Chargers at a drag strip or car show counts as being found "in the wild". :Twocents:

XH29N0G

Quote from: JR on April 12, 2018, 07:57:46 PM

Impressive.  i have an idea of the general area where the picture was taken from the signs.  I may be close to there next year.  Not to be a stalker, but what town was that in?  It would be fun to see if it could be cited again.  I saw a black charger last year in Locarno Switzerland if anyone is headed that way.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 15, 2018, 04:27:50 PM
I don't think finding Chargers at a drag strip or car show counts as being found "in the wild". :Twocents:

I think it does.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

JR

Xh29, that pic was taken in historic downtown Opelika, Alabama. About ten miles from Auburn University.

Is that where you had guessed?

XH29N0G

Quote from: JR on May 16, 2018, 12:06:29 PM
Xh29, that pic was taken in historic downtown Opelika, Alabama. About ten miles from Auburn University.

HA!  I did it to myself.  I put in the wrong quote....  No clue on that one,   :slap: :smilielol: I was thinking about the one from France.....Below, I figured near chartreuse, north of Grenoble, etc.....

Quote from: MoParJW on May 15, 2018, 04:38:05 AM

Or maybe it protects us. 

JB400

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a mopar at the local shows

JR

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 16, 2018, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: JR on May 16, 2018, 12:06:29 PM

HA!  I did it to myself.  I put in the wrong quote....  No clue on that one,   :slap: :smilielol: I was thinking about the one from France.....Below, I figured near chartreuse, north of Grenoble, etc.....

Quote from: MoParJW on May 15, 2018, 04:38:05 AM

Haha, I was wondering how you had guessed the location from a single "Handicap parking"sign. :icon_smile_big:

MoParJW

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 15, 2018, 06:46:11 PM

Impressive.  i have an idea of the general area where the picture was taken from the signs.  I may be close to there next year.  Not to be a stalker, but what town was that in?  It would be fun to see if it could be cited again.  I saw a black charger last year in Locarno Switzerland if anyone is headed that way.

Hi, this was in the small town of St. Laurent-du-pont  near the Chartreuse monastery, just north of Grenoble that's correct  :2thumbs:

Now I have to admit that I cheated a little bit, this picture was taken after a USA car show in the town, figured it wouldn't hurt since the forum is a bit slow lately.

I first attended that show in 2007 and there were only a couple of cars back then, last summer to my surprise there were a couple of hundred cars at least, a few MoPars, most GM & Ford.
It's a bizarre sight, these old American cars in a picturesque little French town, big contrast.
There will be another show there this summer July 29th (https://www.facebook.com/louestamericainenchartreuse/) if you're in the area.
I'm still debating if I'll go this summer.

chargervert

JR,your yellow 70 Charger R /T bears a striking resemblance to my 70 Charger R /T SE.

ACUDANUT

Hmmm I think I know who is hiding some rare Daytona/Super bird nose cones. Lucky Man.  :cheers:

chargervert

70 sublime

When you say Chargers in the wild I think of seeing pictures like this  :icon_smile_big:

I took these pictures this morning

Can not get any more wild than this unless the tree is growing up through the car

First picture there are 5 cars all mopars any guesses ??

Second and third picture
Dad bought it new so one owner matching numbers 400 auto car ( he had a new 70 Charger that he traded in to buy this one)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JR

Quote from: chargervert on May 17, 2018, 08:13:42 AM
JR,your yellow 70 Charger R /T bears a striking resemblance to my 70 Charger R /T SE.

Hah, twins! Excellent taste in vehicles, sir.

XH29N0G

Quote from: MoParJW on May 17, 2018, 07:38:14 AM
Quote from: XH29N0G on May 15, 2018, 06:46:11 PM

Hi, this was in the small town of St. Laurent-du-pont  near the Chartreuse monastery, just north of Grenoble that's correct  :2thumbs:

Now I have to admit that I cheated a little bit, this picture was taken after a USA car show in the town, figured it wouldn't hurt since the forum is a bit slow lately.

I first attended that show in 2007 and there were only a couple of cars back then, last summer to my surprise there were a couple of hundred cars at least, a few MoPars, most GM & Ford.
It's a bizarre sight, these old American cars in a picturesque little French town, big contrast.
There will be another show there this summer July 29th (https://www.facebook.com/louestamericainenchartreuse/) if you're in the area.
I'm still debating if I'll go this summer.

Thanks, unfortunately, I will arrive for a longer stay in August.  I'll be to the west in Clermont Ferrand, but plan on exploring in the late summer/Fall and have friends in Grenoble.  If I see a car, I'll take a picture.  I'm headed to the Paris area in less than a week and hope to see a show there that I learned about from people here.  I agree it is strange seeing the cars now in Europe, but it is surprising how many different ones can show up on nice days.

Concerning the other photo (in Alabama, I guess), I often do things that make me wonder what I was thinking.   :smilielol:  NOw I need to find some old chargers in the wild.  I love seeing the pictures on here.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 17, 2018, 11:38:30 AM
When you say Chargers in the wild I think of seeing pictures like this  :icon_smile_big:

I took these pictures this morning

Can not get any more wild than this unless the tree is growing up through the car

First picture there are 5 cars all mopars any guesses ??

Second and third picture
Dad bought it new so one owner matching numbers 400 auto car ( he had a new 70 Charger that he traded in to buy this one)

i guess that guy never came back for the black car?  :nana:

MoParJW

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 17, 2018, 07:20:01 PM

Thanks, unfortunately, I will arrive for a longer stay in August.  I'll be to the west in Clermont Ferrand, but plan on exploring in the late summer/Fall and have friends in Grenoble.  If I see a car, I'll take a picture.  I'm headed to the Paris area in less than a week and hope to see a show there that I learned about from people here.  I agree it is strange seeing the cars now in Europe, but it is surprising how many different ones can show up on nice days.

Concerning the other photo (in Alabama, I guess), I often do things that make me wonder what I was thinking.   :smilielol:  NOw I need to find some old chargers in the wild.  I love seeing the pictures on here.

Haven't been to Clermont Ferrand, but Grenoble is nice, between the Chartreuse and Vercors mountains, beautiful scenery and a lot of History... Enjoy your stay!
And do keep an eye out for those French chargers in the wild!  :2thumbs:

timmycharger

Drove it to work today from MA to southern NH, about 40 miles. Longest distance driven since the restoration, I was happy with how it drove.  :yesnod:

The view from my desk..