News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred318

We went on a little road trip this morning to a fresh produce market about an hour south of here, on the way back home I saw a '72 Charger setting out beside an old garage. I tried to get dad to stop but he didnt want to. It was pretty rusty from what I could tell from riding by. I also saw a 66 Coronet for sale at a small used car lot. I didnt have my camera or I would have snapped a few pics.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

miamivice

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on June 06, 2007, 06:28:31 PM
Saw this nice 3rd gen., had mirrored headlight covers, car was in really nice shape, just bad cell phone qual. pic and through windshield.

was on 90 westbound near bridge, 

Think I saw the same car today on 145th Street in North Seattle... ???

Sixpak

Does this Count? In Ohio Actually not wild Just in Backyard..

Forza

Seen a Copper/Bronze Coronet Convertable today. Didnt get a chance to take a picture, was driving to a meeting. Hardly ever see any sweet Mopars around here, almost made me wreck my car.

RECHRGD

I got followed yesterday by a nice gunmetal grey 3rd generation.  He was an old fart like me wearing a suit and tie.  If it would have been an hour earlier, I would have been in my '68.  That would have been kinda cool.  Also have seen a dark blue '68 parked in front of a mechanics shop on two different days now.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

70charger_boy

Mean 318

saw this 73

SeattleCharger

Hey, there's a plymouth roadrunner / gtx , satelite, belvedere, something like that?   next to that charger?   is that yours? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Mean 318

My buds 70 Charger

Mean 318

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on June 10, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
Hey, there's a plymouth roadrunner / gtx , satelite, belvedere, something like that?   next to that charger?   is that yours? 
mope, its my friends 68 plymouth sport satellite

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Mean 318 on June 10, 2007, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on June 10, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
mope, its my friends 68 plymouth sport satellite

thank you, 
  Hey, I see you have 500 horsepower 440 with the hp exhaust manifolds?  that is great to see, I really have wanted to use hp exhaust manifolds on rebuild, but wasnt' sure how much hp the engine would be good for with a special build with those manifolds.  What were the internal parts that had to be upgrades to get that hp?   I got good help from firefighter and/or chryco and maybe someone else about getting the engle K58 cam but having the 110 degree spec changed to 112 to help with the exhaust with the hp's.  I managed to get my hands on a steel crank,  didn't want to spend dough on aluminum heads, can you pm me a little about your build, please?
thanks, Nate

andy74

I drove my charger to work the last 4 days,and i still cant get over how many thumbs up and stares i get!

70charger_boy

Quote from: andy74 on June 11, 2007, 07:26:50 PM
I drove my charger to work the last 4 days,and i still cant get over how many thumbs up and stares i get!

Well duh, that is one sweet ride man!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

:popcrn:

Took these today...

3 on the tree, speerco buckets, a couple extra guages &  interestingly what looked like real wood inside door handel pulls...

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

i see i posted the same pic twice,.   :brickwall: well,..  here is what was supposed to go there...
and a bonus charger.. "Chargers Gone Wild!!"  :scratchchin: :lol:
:scratchchin: ...what's a patina...   :smilielol:

71charger_fan

I was back in the U.S. for a few weeks (end of May, beginning of June) and had to use my '71 as a daily driver because I'd shipped my Jeep overseas. While driving past the Merchant's Tire store on Rt. 40 in Frederick, MD, I saw a sublime '72 on the rack. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop at the time and never saw it again. I have a neighbor in the states with a '73 Rallye he bought new, so I see his quite a bit when I'm home.

Dave22443

My son spotted one in La Plata, Maryland yesterday afternoon on Rt 301.  We were on our way home and he yells out "Look! A Charger!"  Well, I didn't really pay that much attention because he's always calling out the new one's.  When I finally glanced over, imagine my suprise to see a dark green '68 sporting R/T badges and fat tires.  Too bad I couldn't get a picture of it.  She looked good!
:2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

dads_69

Heres my '67, well it was mine till today. Sold it for 4 grand, then tore up the check and gave him the car to one of my best friends. He deserves it more than I do right now. I have a Dart anyways I'm restoring. I'm buying a 340 Duster as well soon again.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Manfred318

Dad and I were at the gas station in the Charger when he smacked me in the back of the head and said hey look at that. I turned around and I'll be damned it was an orange Superbird with white "Plymouth" lettering and a black vinyl top going down Fayetteville St. on the south side of Asheboro N.C. I was hoping he would turn around and come back to get some gas or something but he never did. I didnt have my camera but I think from now on I'll be bringing it with me everywhere I go. I also spotted a red '71-'72 Challenger, a '71 Swinger, '76 Volare, and a triple green '69 Charger earlier this afternoon.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

bull

I've noticed this thread gets a lot more active in the summertime. :scratchchin: ;)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: dads_69 on June 23, 2007, 09:10:30 PM
Heres my '67, well it was mine till today. Sold it for 4 grand, then tore up the check and gave him the car to one of my best friends. He deserves it more than I do right now. I have a Dart anyways I'm restoring. I'm buying a 340 Duster as well soon again.
Mark

Mighty generous of you.      :musik010:

69bronzeT5

I see a 68 in the "wild" everytime I go to my grandmas :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparsons

Quote from: dads_69 on June 23, 2007, 09:10:30 PM
Mark

Your one stand up guy, Mark!!!!

dads_69

Thanks guys, but I'm not looking for a pat on the back anywhere. My buddy is an older guy, been around and had some awesome mopars in his day. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, he owned a few Hemi cars, 440 6 pak and others, he doesn't have the funds like he used to to buy a true muscle car like he used to own. He told me stories of how Hemi cars back then were real cheap, he bought a '70 Hemi cuda for $1800.00 modified it some and wrecked it bad, I  looked at photos he has, man, what a trip to look at what he had. He has a '67 440 also for the charger to install, he said he wants to go fast one last time before he passes on, that part I hate hearing about, so giving him the car, which I bought for $500.00 is a deal to me.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.