News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 02, 2020, 09:25:25 PM
It may have been posted, but on breaking bad "series" there is a 3rd gen charger. Season 1 ep 2-4. can't remember :cheers:

Here it is, season 1, episode 3.

1973/74 Charger

gtx6970

Ive actually seen it a few times driving by.
But in a self storage lot near me is  what Im pretty sure is either a 73 or 74 Charger. Also a 1970 Plymouth Belvedere wagon

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ODZKing

I have been watching some of the Silk Stalkings episodes on Z Living. Anyway in this episode (season 2 episode 15) which casts John O'Hurley in the beginning and Erin Grey, Chris Lorenzo wants to buy a classic car and finds one in the hands of John Byner. at one point while looking the car over he mentions it is a Hemi Charger, which it is not. It is a 1972 plain Jane that turns out to be a real clunker.
It is in the previous episode as well but supposedly he doesn't buy it until this episode. Continuity all off ... but anyway.  :lol:

Chris 69

Organizing some older photos, found a photo of a '69 Charger I photo'd on I-5 on 11-14-10. This looks like southern Oregon, between Medford and Ashland, heading south, I think.

Chris 69

More photos found. From 4/17/08, taken from my Motorola flip phone! Saw a red '68 in Redding, CA and had to park next to it.

XH29N0G

:2thumbs:

Also good to see that both of you park the same way that I do.   :smilielol:

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

VegasCharger

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 10, 2021, 07:52:48 AM

In Chris' defense, he parked that way to pair up with the red '68 for a photo shoot. Red '68 was parked there first.

But I know you were just poking fun. :poke:

XH29N0G

I guess I was poking fun, but in a good way. 

I have gotten grief about my parking since the 1980's.

I learned it from my dad, and he said he did it because the charger doors were so easily dinged.

I love those cars and those pictures.    :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Chris 69

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 10, 2021, 07:52:48 AM

I understood the "poking fun"! :cheers:

Chris 69

Quote from: Chris 69 on November 26, 2018, 12:39:34 AM
68 or 69 Charger in Livermore, California on 11/24/18.

5/31/21: '69 still sitting in the same spot in Livermore, CA

Chris 69

Also, on 4/29/21, saw a blue/turquoise '68 Charger on a car hauler heading southbound on I-5 in City of Mount Shasta, CA. Had black stripes, no glass, on a hauler with three other non-classic vehicles. I was heading north, so no photo. Maybe belongs to someone here?

ACUDANUT

Penthouse Pauper

Went down to southeast MA to look at an old John Deere crawler tractor today, and on the way back I happened to spot this out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't resist the urge to make a u-turn and get some pictures. It was sitting at some kind of tow truck depot near where MA-28 meets I495. This is the first Charger I've seen in person since I got my '69, and it was strange how similar this one's paint looked, though mine thankfully is nowhere near this far gone.

Kern Dog

That is odd....a '70 hood resting on the '68 carcass...

AKcharger

and 2 minutes later some fat balding man with a limp and baseball bat waddels out yelling "That's not for sale get off my property"

b5blue

68RT440

That poor thing is melting into it's surroundings... :eek2:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Penthouse Pauper

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 26, 2021, 02:35:09 AM
That is odd....a '70 hood resting on the '68 carcass...
I was tempted to leave a note inquiring if the owner would sell the hood, or trade for another one, but it was getting late and I was pretty far from home. If I do decide to go back and get the crawler, I might just have to do that.

Quote from: 68RT440 on July 26, 2021, 06:26:11 PM
That poor thing is melting into it's surroundings... :eek2:
I was gonna say I wonder why the nose was so far off the asphalt, but then I noticed the concrete parking curb. I guess its been there a real long time.

71_Charger_R/T

I'm guessing that perhaps someone had plans for a Daytona clone and was in the process of collecting '70 front end pieces needed for that...... And like so many well intentioned people,  priorities changed and things got put aside for a good long time!  Sad to see something rot into the ground like that!

Chris 69

Kind of in the wild. Car show in Livermore, CA, 9/26/21 (photos from my brother)

Chris 69

73-74 Charger in Trona, California, 10-14-21

ACUDANUT

What a Dump.  Is that a house or Junk yard (or both). ?

Chris 69

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 24, 2021, 09:15:50 AM
What a Dump.  Is that a house or Junk yard (or both). ?

Unfortunately that town was hit pretty hard by earthquakes in 2019, it wasn't the greatest of towns to begin with, but the earthquakes have had a lasting impact.

Kern Dog

No, that is not from an earthquake. That is poverty.