News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

They are all over the place in Charger Fever country!    :icon_smile_big:

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

bull

Quote from: Todd Wilson on April 13, 2006, 12:42:38 AM

Yea, especially if you show up at the right place and the right time.

This may be true for others but I swear not a day goes by that I don't see a classic year Mustang here between '65-'69. I see Camaros too but far less often than Mustangs, maybe once every couple months. Chargers, almost never.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: bull on April 13, 2006, 12:05:30 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on April 13, 2006, 12:42:38 AM

Yea, especially if you show up at the right place and the right time.

This may be true for others but I swear not a day goes by that I don't see a classic year Mustang here between '65-'69. I see Camaros too but far less often than Mustangs, maybe once every couple months. Chargers, almost never.

HAHA!   Yeah  the only time I see a Charger in my town is when I am out driving one of mine but then do I really see a charger since I am in one?!   ???

Todd

JimShine

There are a couple I see around here. The ones I see actually on the road are a silver 1966 Charger, triple green 1968 Charger, blue with black top 1968 Charger, a red with black top 1969 Charger R/T, purple 1970 Charger, and many 3rd gens. My last sighting was the blue with black top '68 just maybe 3 weeks ago.

Crazy Larry

A few years back I was driving in my black '68 Charger on a long strip of two-lane blacktop, when I saw a red '67 Charger headed towards me.

The '67 passed me and the driver honked his horn and waved, I waved back.

It was kind of surreal.

Ghoste

Now of those of us who are seeing them on occasion, are they "strange" Chargers or do they belong to people you know?  It's both in my case but I guess I figure that even if I know the person driving it, if I see them by chance it's still a Charger in the wild.

Dave22443

Besides my own (which I drove tonight) I am alone.

Even at the big car shows in my area, it is rare that I see another Charger of any generation.  I went to a big show last year with hundreds of cars, trucks, bikes, etc., and there were only 3 Mopars in the entire event!  Me, a rough half '68/ half '69 GL wanna-be and a really REALLY sweet Triple Black '70 Challenger.

Because of this, I feel obligated to drive mine as much as possible (taking it to work tomorrow) so that more people will experience the neck snapping "OMG Look At That!" experience    :icon_smile_approve:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

TheGhost

Just spotted a 73 as I was driving around last night, sitting in a garage.  I drove around the block, so I could get another look.  Alas, no camera with me at the time.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on April 13, 2006, 08:52:25 PM
Now of those of us who are seeing them on occasion, are they "strange" Chargers or do they belong to people you know?  It's both in my case but I guess I figure that even if I know the person driving it, if I see them by chance it's still a Charger in the wild.

No rules here. Count yourself lucky if you have regular sightings. But how about this, how many have you seen lately besides the regulars?

'CUDA360

I can only think of one so far this year. A gunmetal metallic '72 with hidden headlights. 

A '70 AAR too but the '72 was the only Charger

TruckDriver

If you wanted to talk other Mopars, There are a lot around here that I see ALL the time including 2 mint Superbirds. One is yellow, and the other is orange and has a Hemi. The orange one gets driven a lot on weekends. There is also a near mint B5 blue '69 GTX with slots on it the the guy drives almost as a daily driver. There is also a mint red '70 RR. There are also a few others that I can't recall right now (just woke up).
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Arthu®

As odd as it may sound I see them quiet frequently overhere. Saw a maroon red 68 last and there are a fair amount of 3rd gens running almost daily around my parts. You don't see them every day but there doesn't go two months by without seeing a Charger on the road. First gens are really rare though. The 2nd only when the sun is coming out, the 3rd gens are mostly ran all year long. I have to go to my dad every other sunday and that's when the toys come out to play. Also saw a Superbird on the highway a couple of weeks ago.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Ghoste

Well, lately it would only be a couple but in all fairness, I'm in Canada and we do get snow here occasionally.  That tends to keep the old cars off the road.

SeattleCharger

Oh, I forgot, saw one of our members rides in Lynwood a couple months ago, he drives it regularly on weekends I guess, a 73.   It wasn't a car show, so I guess that counts. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

2fast4u

My cousin takes his 72 Rallye out and exercises it from time to time...........

............kinda nice to see out and about amongst the everyday humdrum traffic!  :icon_smile_big:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

andy74

i know of quite a few in my area,but never see them out on the road!actually the only other mopar i have seen out driving besides my charger is a dark green 72 or 73 roadrunner,one town over from me

TruckDriver

I saw a '71 sublime RR today. There is black '72 GTX around here too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mustanghater

I saw a white 2nd gen nose down in the mud 2 weeks ago.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

smokinrt

I know of a 74' se used as a daily driver here in sacramento, ca  green w/ white vinyl top, good lookin.  otherwise never see them around.

Johnny SixPack

In the 4 years I've lived here, I haven't seen one Charger on the road that wasn't tied to a show.  :rotz:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

bull

rt green

third string oil changer

73rallye440magnum

I see a red 72 SE with a 440 quite a bit in the summer months. I drive by three rotters everyday (one of each generation!) but those dont really count.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

NHCharger

I live in Chebbie country. The last time I saw another Charger on the road was 97, he actually followed me to my house because he had not seen another Charger on the road for years. At a Walmart cruise in the mid 90's a guy pulled in with a 69 sunroof Charger.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel