News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on September 13, 2010, 10:36:56 AM
Looks like they also took some air out of the front tires too for clearance.

BBD

That or the hooks are about to tear out the K frame  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Argos_Chargers

I Came across a '66 in the wild on HWY 299 in Northern California about 100 miles east of Redding.  Sorry, No pics.  It was silver.  It was a 383 4 bbl A/T car.  Factory A/C.  Factory power windows.  The body was straight and cancer free.  All of the trim was there. It was all straight with no pitting in the pot metal.  The car had been sitting for ten years, since the tranny went out.  The owner was a nice guy who hadn't been able to work on it recently because he was trying to put his kids through college.  The only real problens were serious fade from the sunlight on the carpet and a broken tail light.  That is not the kind of thing I see EVER!  I was stunned!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

bull

Quote from: The70RT on September 13, 2010, 05:44:57 PM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on September 13, 2010, 10:36:56 AM
Looks like they also took some air out of the front tires too for clearance.
BBD

That or the hooks are about tear out the K frame  :eek2:

It just looks wrong, doesn't it? Can't say I'd be too excited about shipping a car that way.

rooks

Quote from: G-man on September 10, 2010, 12:33:41 AM
Few weeks back (maybe a month-2 ago) I saw on Old Windsor Rd In sydney a Green 68 Charger. For a second though I think it may have been a 69 with a 68 grill. Anyone on here own that caR?

Was pretty nice.

If you're out that way a lot, you'll see quite a few Chargers.

I know of at least 4 from the Kellyville/Annangrove/Dural area (including a General Lee).

69Charger_440

I saw a red '71(?) with a black top and rear spoiler heading south on IH-35 near Retama Park.

grdprx

My wife found this 500 today while out to lunch.  I was jealous! 

rp23g7

I just saw a 3rd gen sitting in a driveway coming back a week ago from a wheel alignment in Shorline Wa.  Green, just saw the rear, didnt have my phone ready, and didnt have time to go back.

HANDM

If it's the one in Mountlake Terrace on 236th, that one has been posted before a few pages back. At the beginning of spring the owner yanked the engine, worked on it I assume and put it back in. Been sitting since :'(

As a side note RP23, My 15 yr old daughter saw you driving your Super Bee in Terrace somewhere and HAD (her word) to text me about it, it read something like "I just saw a lime green car that looks like Moms Charger but not a charger" LOL

squeakfinder

Quote from: grdprx on September 23, 2010, 01:03:55 AM

I remember one like that at the Kent Charger gathering in 09. Not sure if it's the same one... :scratchchin:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

grdprx

Quote from: squeakfinder on September 23, 2010, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: grdprx on September 23, 2010, 01:03:55 AM

I remember one like that at the Kent Charger gathering in 09. Not sure if it's the same one... :scratchchin:

You are correct!  I went through my photos, and there it was!  Good memory.   :2thumbs: 

rp23g7

Quote from: HANDM on September 23, 2010, 04:49:28 PM
If it's the one in Mountlake Terrace on 236th, that one has been posted before a few pages back. At the beginning of spring the owner yanked the engine, worked on it I assume and put it back in. Been sitting since :'(

As a side note RP23, My 15 yr old daughter saw you driving your Super Bee in Terrace somewhere and HAD (her word) to text me about it, it read something like "I just saw a lime green car that looks like Moms Charger but not a charger" LOL

Thats the one probably.  Off of 236th coming back from the Les Schwab on 15th to get it aligned after my front end rebuild. I gotta go back and look at the pics. 

rp23g7

Quote from: grdprx on May 22, 2010, 08:51:26 PM
So, this is unbelievable...  I've found a 4th Charger this week!   :coolgleamA:  :icon_smile_big:

Took a trip up north past Seattle, found this up where we were at..  Had to pull over and snap a pic!

Yeah, this is it.

HANDM

Rp, Do you live in Terrace? If you do, you should cruise on over to my casa, I'll mention that it's the HUGE spanish one, if you're from Terrace you know the one of which I speak ;-) I'm always open to meeting fellow Mopar neighbors and showing off my driver collection

greenpigs

Orange 69 possible 70 going down Taylorsville Rd in Huber Heights, Ohio. I had just been out tooling around the neighborhood so I wonder if they seen my junk and went looking. I was in the Jeep or we could have compared dents. I was on my way to Skyline for some coney's and they passed me going the other way or I would have followed them, within reason.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

grdprx

Beautiful day in Western Washington today, and I saw a beautiful 68 on the road!   :2thumbs:

Was on the way to my son's soccer game... saw this guy, flipped a U-ie and got a couple pics.  My kid says, "this isn't the way to soccer, that Charger doesn't know the way to my game!"

Think I saw a For Sale sign up front.   :scratchchin:  I WISH

Scotty Dave

:lol: I've only ever seen 2 Chargers in the flesh, a 69-70 at a show 6yrs ago and my own 73... Disappointing I know... the only motor I see often is I think a 74-75 Camero

Drache

Driving down the road a couple years ago and spotted this guy. Not easy taking pictures, driving, and trying to keep up....

1OF ONE! Anyone here belong to said car? :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

UH60L

Got passed by a red and white early '70s (71 or 72) charger on the way to work this morning in Salem, OR.  It was dark and foggy and I couldn't make out much other than the approximate year and colors, and that it sounded really good when he got on it!

69Charger_440

11/30/10: Spotted a '69 General Lee at the Wal Mart (Bandera Rd.) in San Antonio, Texas.  It was parked in one of the handicap spaces.  Anyone here?

tan top

Quote from: Drache on November 02, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
Driving down the road a couple years ago and spotted this guy. Not easy taking pictures, driving, and trying to keep up....

1OF ONE! Anyone here belong to said car? :D

looks a nice 68  :yesnod:  don't know if its the way the picture is or my eyes  !!  but looks like his running  tail pipe  Hemi resonators   :scratchchin:  , or something that looks similar :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69Charger_440

Was cruising today and found a '69 Charger, a '68 R/T, and a early 60's Plymouth Fury four door.

I stopped and looked at the 68 R/T.  The owner wasn't the nicest person so I didn't get to confirm if it was a real R/T.
The '69 I will eventually stop ask about.
The owner of the Fury asked me to make him an offer.  I offered 1k.  He is thinking it over.  It is a really nice, solid car. 

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I've said this before but I'll say it again. It's amazing to me how good these cars look, especially among all the boring cookie-cutter crap on the road around them.

b5blue

I spotted a an orange 70 Swinger with the twin scoops on the hood that was cherry at the parts store yesterday! 2 blocks away the rag top 300 was back at the gas station, then down the road a 58 Dodge pickup for sale! (I know, not Chargers....but I was impressed!)  :2thumbs: (I've bought a micro camera to keep on me but can't decipher the Chinglesh directions yet!  :lol: )