News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on December 11, 2010, 02:01:33 AM
I've said this before but I'll say it again. It's amazing to me how good these cars look, especially among all the boring cookie-cutter crap on the road around them.
:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargermike

other than mine. there are a couple of chargers around. but unless i am at a show i never see any. was working in fort collins colo. this week and a guy down the street had his garage open and had a 70 challenger and a viper inside. had to stop and talk to him nice guy beautiful cars. we have alot of nice mopars out here.  just not alot of chargers.

Dans 68

Quote from: b5blue on December 11, 2010, 05:17:47 AM
I spotted a an orange 70 Swinger with the twin scoops on the hood that was cherry at the parts store yesterday! 2 blocks away the rag top 300 was back at the gas station, then down the road a 58 Dodge pickup for sale! (I know, not Chargers....but I was impressed!)  :2thumbs: (I've bought a micro camera to keep on me but can't decipher the Chinglesh directions yet!  :lol: )

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52054.0.html  :slap:   :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: tan top on December 03, 2010, 03:16:03 PM
Quote from: Drache on November 02, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
Driving down the road a couple years ago and spotted this guy. Not easy taking pictures, driving, and trying to keep up....

[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]

1OF ONE! Anyone here belong to said car? :D

I know that car its in b.c., its a 383 car that's been stroked to 472 ci, did you see if it had aftermarket fog lights up front? I've seen this car at the mission rags every now and then.-Matt

looks a nice 68  :yesnod:  don't know if its the way the picture is or my eyes  !!  but looks like his running  tail pipe  Hemi resonators   :scratchchin:  , or something that looks similar :popcrn:

DrHemi

Every time I walk outside. Okay that's a lie. I have to open the trailer first. Anyway there are two 73-74s near me sitting in driveways. There's a dark green 68 R/T with a 4 speed in a garage about 4 miles from me. There's a white 68 with a 4spd and 440 that I used to see on the road. He stashed it somewhere. At the local car shows there's a green 68 and a red 66-67. My former coworker is restoring her red 73.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

grdprx

I saw a 69 Charger Tuesday enjoying the Sun in the NW.  Was a beautiful day for a drive, he was getting on the freeway as I exited.   No chance for a picture, but it was White, looked nice and had a nice rumble to it!  Tail panel was white, so I don't think it was an RT.  Also had black pin striping around the indents in the door, looked cool.   :2thumbs:

Sabre

I saw a blue 1970 Charger with black vinyl top last week, 5 mins from where I live.

nvrbdn

seen a beautiful yellow chally sittin pretty atop a portable parking lot in pontoon beach illinois. she had a friend up there with her. it wasnt mopar but it was sweet lookin. looked to be a 67 camaro,dark blue. dont know which way the highway was taking them, but somebody is awaiting their arrival :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

freddyd02

Don't see them often, seen a white 68 a few times a couple years back, Ive been restoring mine since 2002 (Young guy didn't have money back then, now im waiting for it to come back to body shop) Gonna make it a General Lee then i was driving home one day and what did i see parked in a guys garage about 2 mins from my house? a General lee.. Anyone know the paint code for the black around the taillights on a 69 Charger? Also im finding it hard to locate a hood latch, anyone know a place where i can get one? or post some pics of there's so i can look around my stuff to see if i have the parts laying around.. thanks guys

djcarguy

it seem like not that many years ago you could see great cars out an about.now ya can drive 250 miles down the freeway and maybe see 1 neat car driving and it will aways be the other way. a flash a smile on your face and than back to boredom and hundreds of ugly rice boxes and monster pickups blocking your view or running up on your arsss.last trip i was happy to see a old square 60es bronco rolling alone down the rode of life. happy trails :yesnod:

DustinSimmonds

I like to consider myself lucky! Where I live, (in the summer)I see a couple different 1st gens and a few different 3rd gens frequently. It always gets my attention and gets me all hyped up!

UH60L

I too, consider myself lucky.  Here in the Willamette valley, during the summer especially, old cars of all makes and models seem to come out of the woodwork.  I didn't really notice as much until I bought my '69, and started going to cruise inns and shows.  Some days in the summer, every turn you make, there's a roadster or camaro or late '60s mopar driving by.

Got so excited a couple times last summer, my wife had forcefully remind me drive where we were going instead of following a charger down the road!    :icon_smile_big:

bull

Quote from: UH60L on February 18, 2011, 04:23:16 PM
I too, consider myself lucky.  Here in the Willamette valley, during the summer especially, old cars of all makes and models seem to come out of the woodwork.  I didn't really notice as much until I bought my '69, and started going to cruise inns and shows.  Some days in the summer, every turn you make, there's a roadster or camaro or late '60s mopar driving by.

Got so excited a couple times last summer, my wife had forcefully remind me drive where we were going instead of following a charger down the road!    :icon_smile_big:

Did you buy your Charger locally?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on February 18, 2011, 06:27:00 PM

And have you been to any of the Pentastar Pride & Woodburn National shows?

grdprx

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 18, 2011, 06:31:41 PM

When and Where are those?    :coolgleamA:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: freddyd02 on February 16, 2011, 10:15:47 PM
Don't see them often, seen a white 68 a few times a couple years back, Ive been restoring mine since 2002 (Young guy didn't have money back then, now im waiting for it to come back to body shop) Gonna make it a General Lee then i was driving home one day and what did i see parked in a guys garage about 2 mins from my house? a General lee.. Anyone know the paint code for the black around the taillights on a 69 Charger? Also im finding it hard to locate a hood latch, anyone know a place where i can get one? or post some pics of there's so i can look around my stuff to see if i have the parts laying around.. thanks guys
Wow!!  I'm not a huge Dukes fan but I love your picture.  :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Quote from: grdprx on February 18, 2011, 07:05:20 PM
I too, consider myself lucky.  Here in the Willamette valley, during the summer especially, old cars of all makes and models seem to come out of the woodwork.  I didn't really notice as much until I bought my '69, and started going to cruise inns and shows.  Some days in the summer, every turn you make, there's a roadster or camaro or late '60s mopar driving by.

Got so excited a couple times last summer, my wife had forcefully remind me drive where we were going instead of following a charger down the road!    :icon_smile_big:

When and Where are those?    :coolgleamA:

That's ok, just ignore my question and talk to Mike. :icon_smile_blackeye:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on February 18, 2011, 08:15:39 PM
I too, consider myself lucky.  Here in the Willamette valley, during the summer especially, old cars of all makes and models seem to come out of the woodwork.  I didn't really notice as much until I bought my '69, and started going to cruise inns and shows.  Some days in the summer, every turn you make, there's a roadster or camaro or late '60s mopar driving by.

Got so excited a couple times last summer, my wife had forcefully remind me drive where we were going instead of following a charger down the road!    :icon_smile_big:

I think you got the members confused Mr. bull.

grdprx

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 18, 2011, 08:23:46 PM
Quote from: bull on February 18, 2011, 08:15:39 PM

I think you got the members confused Mr. bull.

I'll admit I'm confused...  I live up in Kent, WA.  But, I'll answer the question!   :coolgleamA:  I got mine over in Cle Elum, so it was within Washington State...  Last registered in 87 with WA plates.

bull

Jeez, I'm losing it lately. I need some sunshine and 80-degrees.

nvrbdn

we just had sunny and 70's for the last couple days, but today is cloudy and 49, back to the winter :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

djcarguy

hi,Grdprx",     well WOODBURN  mopar NATIONAL AND CAR SHOW AND DRAG RACE, ARE EVERY SUMMER IN WOODBURN OREGON..  IT IS LIKE 25 MILES SOUTH OF PORTLAND OR. I RACED AND SHOWED THERE YEARS AGO ,LOTS OF FUN AND CACRS.  SEARCH WOODBURN DRAG STRIP, OR DO YOU HAVE bi-mart stores up there ,down here they have track info.  most of thier weekend s are set as to mopar or ford ,trucks ,even vw weekend..   two of my favorite are oldies but goodies 1972 and older,,,,     hot rods nationals  72 ,older,in augest. can be hot and dry ,but fun, and walk any where pits and both sides of track.  good luck and get your car all back and going..

djcarguy

so there are a few DC,com guys out here on west coast??????  joined here trying to find  oregon mopar guys and events as hopfully i will have my ragtop out this summer . both mopar clubs in eugene area seem to have folded any info as to clubs in my area???  well there was a thread for oregon or west coast members,but it was full from post guy all way east??  well thanks   any info helpful out west . dave

grdprx

Quote from: bull on February 19, 2011, 01:48:03 AM
Jeez, I'm losing it lately. I need some sunshine and 80-degrees.

Will sun and 50 work?  Got it today!

68blue

Saw a green metallic 68 with a black vinyl top leaving the Golden Corral in Bedford Indiana today just after passing a red 68 Coronet on the way into town. There must be some local mopar folks here getting out in the sunshine. Maybe this summer I can join them. :icon_smile_cool: