News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chevy Crate Engine

Started by bountyhunter, October 15, 2008, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargersETC..ETC..

There is nothing wrong with GENERAL MOTORS GM or  CHEVEROLET CHEVY engines  :2thumbs:.
Infact I am so pleased with them that anyone is a GM supplier and would like to donate a New 454 ,502,572 engine ,transmission etc..the whole works to me to install in my 1969 Charger let me know maybee we can work something out :shruggy:

But please ignoree the posts that bad mouthed GM  :no: they obviously aren't interested :smilielol:

Thanks

The70RT

Quote from: ChargersETC..ETC.. on October 19, 2008, 07:00:30 AM
There is nothing wrong with GENERAL MOTORS GM or  CHEVEROLET CHEVY engines  :2thumbs:.
Infact I am so pleased with them that anyone is a GM supplier and would like to donate a New 454 ,502,572 engine ,transmission etc..the whole works to me to install in my 1969 Charger let me know maybee we can work something out :shruggy:

But please ignoree the posts that bad mouthed GM  :no: they obviously aren't interested :smilielol:

Thanks

Im interested now. you stated " anyone is a GM supplier and would like to donate a New 454 ,502,572 engine ,transmission etc..the whole works to me to install"   :laugh:

I don't think that's gonna happen anytime too soon  :eyes: If you do and you get extras I gotta Cutlass convertible that would take that setup too. As far as being interested in Chevys....sure a lot of us are but WRONG site  :pity:  :no:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pettyfan43

The fact is that I have had a few GM cars, 57 Chevy, 71 Buick GS and a couple of others. plus a couple of Fords 68 Cyclone and a 67 Mustang GT390 and I can tell you from experience.  Mopars have the GMs and Fords in the BAG just on the sheer cool factor.

A 69 Charger makes a 66-67 Chevelle pale in comparison. 
And a  71 Cuda delegates all the other Pony Cars to a race for second.

As for Chevy engines, the ones I have had were all overrated. Give me a nice 340-360 or fat block mopar any day.

Those have their place in a Chevy. But then I don't even like putting Chevys in Buicks or Pontiacs. or anything else that didn't come with one.
That is just a personal thing to me.

But then I've always wanted to build a 55 Ford F-100 with a 440/727 and 8*3/4 so What do I know???  ;)

Ghoste

If there wasn't competition, there wouldn't be a need for performance cars and like any good competition, some of us are going to be rabidly passionate fans of the "home team".  Agreed, the name calling is overboard but at least we don't cause riots like a European soccer match.

G-man

squeakfinder

I think when it comes to a second gen Charger the power plant is important. People would ask me what's under the hood?
I'd tell them a 400. They would give me a confused look  :shruggy:. Then I would have to explain, the 400 was the replacement for the 383 and it really is a good engine blah blah blah.  After I got a 440.. Nooooo problem with people understanding what that meant :drive:.

I've had several vehicle's with small block chevy's, there good engines. But in the long run, you will not be satisfied.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bull

Quote from: ChargersETC..ETC.. on October 19, 2008, 07:00:30 AM

I don't think anyone is really saying that GM engines are junk. Most people are simply saying that using a Chevy engine instead of a Dodge is kind of a dumb way to try to save money given all the hassles it's going to create. Now if the world was clean out of Mopar engines, or even if they were difficult to find, his plan would make sense but last I checked that's far from being the case.

Ghoste

Perfect Bull, and that goes to the heart of the Model A analogy too.  People stuck smallblock Chevys in those things because they were cheap and easy to install in old cars that were cheap to buy.  Chargers aren't cheap but reliable and powerful Mopar engines can still be had which will drop right in.