News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Z-Braces and Hood Latch Tray

Started by dillon14, October 17, 2008, 02:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillon14

I am in the middle of my Daytona clone project and as I am sure you are all aware money is tight. I was wondering if I could fabricate my own Z-Braces and Hood Latch Tray. Does anyone have the dimensions and good photos as well as the gauge of steel that would need to be used.

Here are a few photos of where I am at now and what I hope it will look like when finished. Black with red bucket seat interior. 440 and 4-speed with console:

Thanks

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

moparstuart

wow very nice , more pictures please    :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dillon14

Here you go, knock yourself out.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v295/dillon14/1Daytona/

By the way, I always open to constructive criticism.

1969 Boss 429

dillon14

To be honest, I am looking for the complete nose assembly if anyone has any leads.

Due to the economy, I will be going with fiberglass.

1969 Boss 429

BigBlockSam

Quotemoney is tight

hey Al

I'm diggin your car . I'm glad you posted some pics . looks good too .
Daytonalo made me my z brackets . maybe he can help you .  hey daytonalo  you still got those z brackets that hotrod sent you for my nose?

maybe he could do something with those , if hotrod don't mind . my old wing looks great on that car . good luck,   Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

larry roper hotrod , has a fiberglass nose for sale i think

dillon14

Here is a good sign of the economy. I started the "Saving Cars Behind Bars" program at the prison where I work. We spent (3) years in our Auto Body Vocational School building this clone car and I have over $52,000 in receipts not counting the labor (free) but we can't even get $40,000 for car. Crazy times.

1969 Boss 429

moparstuart

wow nice car , wish i had the 50 k
I love that 70 convert body  , people either love em or hate those front ends

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on October 17, 2008, 03:21:04 PM
larry roper hotrod , has a fiberglass nose for sale i think

Gone, along with several other parts that I had left over.

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 17, 2008, 03:17:55 PM
Quotemoney is tight

hey Al

Daytonalo made me my z brackets . maybe he can help you .  hey daytonalo  you still got those z brackets that hotrod sent you for my nose?

maybe he could do something with those , if hotrod don't mind .

Those z-braces are pretty bad. I had a stock car guy make them. I showed him a set of the plain steel versions and he said no problem. Yeah right.  Big problem. While I would prefer them over fiberglass, they would still need a lot of massaging. They're not mine now...they're daytonalo's.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

What kind of Jack-ass draws on a wing with a Sharpie ???  :icon_smile_big: The Z-braces were pretty much junk , they would not even fit inside a the Nose correctly

dillon14

Possibly asking for dimensions, sizes and photos on this site is a no-no. If this is the case, please let me know and I will stop.

If not, I am still in hopes that someone could help me out by giving me the dimensions and good photos of the Z-braces and the hood latch tray so I can try and reproduce them myself.

Thanks

1969 Boss 429

daytonalo

I'm the Jack-ass that wrote on it !!! It is truly amazing on how this shit gets sold then resold

dillon14

Quote from: daytonalo on October 17, 2008, 07:14:13 PM
I'm the Jack-ass that wrote on it !!! It is truly amazing on how this shit gets sold then resold

Am I missing something here? If I am, please fill me in.

1969 Boss 429

daytonalo

Oh boy . That is Renes wing that was in my shop for fitting . The sharpie marks are from me , I was going to tool up for a hollow wing at one time , that was until Dane made is Hollow wing , that is why I sold all my super heavy solid wings

oldcarnut

I thought I saw a bird nose in one of your album pages.  Is that yours or is there a story on it. Maybe you could offer it up for a trade.  Nice job on the car.

daytonalo

Rene ???????? Please handle this , I have to go drop the Cosby kids off at the Pool !!!! :icon_smile_big:

dillon14

Quote from: oldcarnut on October 17, 2008, 11:19:45 PM
I thought I saw a bird nose in one of your album pages.  Is that yours or is there a story on it. Maybe you could offer it up for a trade.  Nice job on the cars.

Not sure where you saw the nose but if it was there, it was for reference purposes only. I wish I did have one.

1969 Boss 429

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: dillon14 on October 17, 2008, 06:59:59 PM
Possibly asking for dimensions, sizes and photos on this site is a no-no. If this is the case, please let me know and I will stop.

If not, I am still in hopes that someone could help me out by giving me the dimensions and good photos of the Z-braces and the hood latch tray so I can try and reproduce them myself.

Thanks

It's definitely not a no-no. I've been giving your request some thought and for me anyway-it's impossible to do. I'm no draftsman by any means, and to convey the dimensions, angles and all of the weird little quirks of these parts on a flat screen and make it understandable would be way out of my element. You really need a 3-dimensional example on hand while you make these parts. And even then it requires a lot of cursing and head scratching.  :eek2:

dillon14

If you are cloning a car, does it all have to be the same as the original or is just being functional OK?

Of course I am only talking about those areas that the average person would not necessarily see.

1969 Boss 429

oldcarnut

Quote from: dillon14 on October 18, 2008, 06:28:46 AM
[Not sure where you saw the nose but if it was there, it was for reference purposes only. I wish I did have one.
This was it http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v295/dillon14/1Daytona/?action=view&current=c1_1.jpg  but I reckon it doesn't really matter if you don't have it.  Anyway if your able to fabricate them yourself good luck on it.

dillon14

Yes, just a photo I had of a steel nose. Nothing I own.

1969 Boss 429