News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where CAN I "BUY" a Superbird Back Window Glass

Started by DuecesWild, October 23, 2008, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuecesWild

I have been in the process of converting a Plymouth Road Runner into a Superbird and I would like to know
from who or where I might be able to BUY a reproduction Superbird Back Window Glass?  I remember seeing
them for sale and reproduced maybe 10 or 15 years ago, but my recent searches on the internet have not
turned up any for SALE.  If anyone has any leads on who is currently reproducing them place let me know.

Thanks,

Terry
Southlake, Texas

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: ;) ;)

BPTRacing

I know that Ted Janak has a reproduction Lexan window cut to fit the Superbird. And he is in Texas!

I have one, but I have not installed it yet.

Scotty
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

daytonalo

Don't waste your money , get Tempered glass or it will look like a " KIT CAR "

hotrod98

:iagree:

That glass back window is about a grand with shipping, but well worth it. Don't remember who sells them.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Wasnt it OEM glass that made repo glass windows .But didnt get the unique shape right
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BPTRacing

I will agree that tempered glass is best,  :2thumbs:

But in defense of the cheaper route - the newer scratch-resistant lexan windows look good and hold up very well. I had a Lexan window in the back of my 71 Charger for 10 years and the only ones that knew it were people I showed it to. Here is a pic when it was 6 years old - no scratches - no yellowing - no fogging.

In my Cuda all the windows were Lexan - even the windshield (non street car) - note the nice shine   :coolgleamA:
- no dulling/sctraching - and that was 3 years old. The Dart next to the Cuda also has all lexan.

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

Daytona R/T SE

Yeah, but the lexan window you get from Ted Janak comes pre-scratched, right out of the box...errr should I say plastic garbage bag he ships it to you in :brickwall:

oldcarnut

I didn't find any issues with either of the windows he sent me except a small chip in the edge that FEDEX put in the first one.  He replaced it with another with no problems.  That wasn't the only thing FEDEX handled rough and busted up for me  :flame: but TED took care of it with no hassle or problems and even went a little extra for the inconvenience.  :2thumbs:  Got the new nose this week so now I just got to get started on it.  Here's a link to the same topic.  Maybe if you talk to some of those vendors, ask if there might be a discount for a multiple order? Let us know what ya find out for prices etc.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48003.0.html

Daytona R/T SE

I got my Daytona rear window from Iowa Glass... a couple of years ago. When I did a search for them just now I came up with this:  http://www.iowaglass.com/  I believe their supplier is this place:  http://www.oemglass.net/

I paid at the time $675, shipping to the local warehouse was included. I just had to drive across the river to St. Louis to pick it up. They said they had warehouses all over the country.  I think the superbird windows were the same price or slightly ( $50   ) higher at the time...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30627.0.html   

daytonakid

I have one I bought years ago and never used it. It has the chrysler date code on it even. It is still in the box. Make me an offer. Bill daytonakid2@comcast.net
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

DuecesWild

Hello Bill,

I will check with them today or early next week to see if they have them in stock, and check the price and
get back with you.  Thanks for the offer I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Terry
Southlake, Texas

;) ;) ;) ;) :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

oldcarnut

Did ya get any pricing/availibility out there yet?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: DuecesWild on October 23, 2008, 10:05:55 AM
I have been in the process of converting a Plymouth Road Runner into a Superbird and I would like to know
from who or where I might be able to BUY a reproduction Superbird Back Window Glass?  I remember seeing
them for sale and reproduced maybe 10 or 15 years ago, but my recent searches on the internet have not
turned up any for SALE.  If anyone has any leads on who is currently reproducing them place let me know.

Thanks,

Terry
Southlake, Texas

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: ;) ;)

Welcome to the forum Terry... Good to see another Aerocar fan from this area on here!  :cheers:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

DuecesWild

Thanks Allen,

Good to hear from you.  It has been quite a while since I met you.  Appreciate all of the threads and updates
on your Charger 500 ordeal.  Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.  Work on all of these projects takes
determination, devotion, time and a lot of patients.

Thanks again,

Terry M.
Southlake, Texas