News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

introduction thread

Started by Andrew, July 18, 2005, 03:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Bob, 42, I have lots of hair, but mostly gray. Could sell it to some of you bald folks, or trade for a Hemi.

Into Mopars since I had a '69 Hot Wheels Charger in the late 60's. (Still have it too.) It was the same as a real one parked around the corner from where I lived in NYC, which I had thought was a race car with the big gas cap on it.

My wife tolerates me & the car hobby, & my 6 year old daughter seems to like them too. Although she likes the '68 Charger the least of the 5 I have because it's not put together & just a shell.

My first Mopar was a '69 Charger SE 383-4V 25 years ago, & currently have a '68 Charger, a '68 Coronet 500 Convertible, (For now) a '69 Satellite Convertible, a '71 Scamp & a '71 Barracuda. The Scamp is the only one close to being finished, & all 5 are numbers matching. All the numbers in the price matched the number of dollars in my wallet.

Here I am in the last known photo of me dancing. I was told I was a cute kid, but don't know what happened over the years.

Oh yeah, no such thing as a re-body. That's just a term that some VIN swapper invented to soften up the sound of a criminal act.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

wLc

Name of Will. I'm from Louisiana. I'm fixing up a '69 R/T.
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

SLIKK 70

Hi there! My name is Tom and I live in California. I have  2 sons and 2 step- daughters. One beautiful wife, three dogs too many and only one 1970 Dodge Charger 500 FK5. Glad to be here and thanks to those who made it possible. Whenever your ready for donations let me know!!  8)

tomonty

Mike from Wisconsin, 27, 70 Charger 500 that is now a R/T clone with a six pack in it. Might be aquiring a 69 verrrry shortly..don't know why I love Mopars so much since my dad is a Chebby guy.  ???
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Charger72SE

hey Dudes - Paul from Wisconsin.  My first car was a 72 Charger SE (see 1st pic).  I bought it with my Dad in 1977 - 318 automatic, but fast enough to get 5 speeding tickets in 18 months!  Three years ago (25 years later) I got the bug to get another Charger and found another 72 SE.  This one has a 440 HP which is a LOT more fun than the 318 was!  No speeding tickets yet!!

glad we have a new site!!!!!

xs29j8Bullitt

My name is Allen and I live in north Texas.  I have been in the hobby since before most people gave a darn about the old Mopars... how things have changed!

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

TeeWJay426

Tom here, from southern NH now- grew up in central NY, though. Dad was a service manager for a Dodge dealer for as long as I could remember, so I guess my Mopar addiction is genetic. Currently have a '66 Hemi Charger that I've had for 21 years and counting (owner no. 2) and a '67 Coronet R/T ragtop. Had several other GTX's , Coronets and Chargers in the past, plus a lot of vanilla Mopar transport devices. Am another D-C.com refugee, plus DodgeForum, moparts, 1970registry, cuda-challenger, yahoo 1st gen group, etc.......
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

kab69440

For the few people who I have yet to buy, sell, trade something with or do not know me from chat...
   I am Kenny. I live in Marion, Ohio (per capita, the one-way street capitol of the world)

My eldest child is a 1969 Charger, put together with anything I could find that I thought looked cool. The mods are too numerous to mention in one post. Still in-process after all these years, but is well on it's way back to the street.   Thanks to everyone for putting up with me.   Hope to see more of you in chat at some point.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

RusTy/SE

Russ, 47 from Alabama. Currently have 73 Rallye and 70 R/T/SE Challengers. I've had 68 and 70 R/T Chargers in the past and still have the bug for a 70 RT. Thank you, Troy :)

4cruzin

Hi I'm 4cruzin but you can call me 4C.  I visit from the Motor City in Michigan!!  Looks like a great site!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

XP29F61

I'm Allen from the Motor City in Michigan. I'm 27 with no hair (not a cueball though) and I've been married for just over 6 years now.

I have a 66 361 auto (now 383 4bbl) Charger and a 66 318 Polyhead Auto Charger. Both are in various stages of restification.

I also run the First Gen 66-67charger.com site and forum.

If you want to know anything else about me, just ask.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil.  For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base in Kadena, Japan

"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
USAF Ammo Troop

http://66-67charger.com

Brock Samson

dave in san fran, live on a steeeeep hill, been into cars since i built my first model car in 1963 Don Garlets Wynn's Jammer...

my '69 charger is the "Skunkenstien" which  i saved from being crushed in 1984,  had it on the road with a 318 within a month.. finnally got it totally reanimated with my prefered drive train in '99...

Silver R/T

Max, 22 y/o, WA state
Restoring my 68 Silver R/T and trying to get 70 Chally
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

DarkAngel0816

<---Girl...Central Indiana...30 years old next month.

Just aquired my first mopar...1970 Dodge Charger RT Clone.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

69charger2002

i'm travis, 27, from near baton rouge louisiana. i have been playing with mopars since 1997, and for some reason, i've been lucky enough to find a couple. currently working on a 68 R/T and 70 R/T, and just picked up a 74 cuda 360/4 speed to get something different
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69_se_ron

Howdy all!

I'm Ron in Nashville, Tennessee.  My first car when I was 15 was a '66 Belvedere 318.  When it was totalled I went from the basement to the penthouse with my '69 Charger that I got in 1976.  I was never a big poster on the old site, but I couldn't have made the progress on my Charger without the help of you guys and the old website.  Currently in my possesion is a NOS D-C.com t-shirt that I'm contemplating putting on epay for a coupla million bucks, although with this great new site, I'll probably just list it as "vintage clothing"...haha!

Ya'll gimme a holler if you're down Music City way, we'll have a couple or ten beers and talk Chargers.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

Lowprofile

Hi Everyone
My name is Chuck. I currently reside in a small town in northern Idaho, about 30 miles south of Spokane, WA. I am originally from Providence, RI. I lived in Vegas for about 9 years. I am an owner/operator- Truck Driver, so most of my year is spent on the road on tour with the WWE. I've worked in the show business side of trucking almost 20 yrs. [I'm 42] I look forward to getting off the road soon and trying to live a more normal life. My new wife [6 yrs now] loves cars [although 65-66 Mustangs are her favorite], so I consider myself very lucky. I have owned mopars all my life. My 1st car was a 69' SE Charger, 383 Auto. Paid $400 dollars for it. I look forward to getting home, diving into my restoration of my 70' R/T, [440,Auto, Dana 60, B5 Blue, White top & Interior] and taking you all with me step by step.

P.S. Thanks Troy, this is a great Site!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL