News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radio assembly??

Started by jb666, October 15, 2008, 07:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I just bought a freshly restored (stock) radio for my Charger. I also got a bezel to match the radio. The only thing I'm wondering now is what I'll need to install this in the dash? Brackets? What holds the weight of the radio up?

Right now there's a Sony Implode in my dash that I can't wait to yank out of there.. I have no clue what's holding that up there, as I haven't pulled it out of the dash yet, but I'm SURE I'm missing any stock equipment back there that's meant for the stock radio assembly.

Thanks, in advance.

Winged 1

;)
I will take a guess you are talking about radio install for a 69. If so there is a bracket that the radio will mount to from the back side with a nut on the right side that will support the tunes with no problem.
Eric

baullz

Yup if your talking '69 here you go it uses the two holes on the front of the dash from that are circled in the first picture and a threaded bolt that sticks out the back of the radio sits in the bracket in the second picture, if you need anything else just let me know I just got done tearing my whole dash apart and took many pics

jb666

Hey, thank you. That's a big help!

:cheers:

baullz

jb666

I pulled the Sony Implode out today and everything was just as you said  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

I can almost get my AM out of the factory hole.  I turn it sideways and it almost makes it out but the buttons are 1/4" in the way so I'm going to use a dremal to get out a small hole.  It's an A/C car and I'm not pulling the dash to remove a radio.  I'll let you know how it works out.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Did you get this back together?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............