News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 console bracket measurements

Started by 4aThrill, October 28, 2008, 04:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

We will be welding the console brackets to the trans hump next weekend, does anyone have any measurements on where each bracket goes? I got some pics and the manual to refer too, but I would like to have some measurements on where the brackets go exactly. This is for a 71 Charger with auto trans.

71_Charger_R/T

I can get them tomorrow (Wed.Oct 29) for you. It's midnight right now so I'm sure you won't need them tonight. :icon_smile_wink:

71_Charger_R/T

I've measured 3 different cars and come up with about a 3/8" to 1/2" variance in the placement so obviously it isn't absolutely critical to have it in the exact place... ( the screw holes are long slots) I will post a few pictures here but if you PM me your email address I can send larger and easier to see detailed pictures. The brackets are not all level on the tops, notice in the pictures looking forward I have placed the camera flat on the bracket so you can see their relation to one another. ( the rear bracket appears to be about level) Also the tape measure is at the seam were the front floor pan meets the rear footwell pan except for the  picture that has it hooked to the front of the rear bracket to depict were the seam is in relation to the bracket.

about 5 3/8" from seam to front of rear mount. Left side of pic toward front of car.

Showing the mount relative to center of hump with rear seam as reference.

Another to see center hump perspective.

Seam to shifter mount. Note that I have the Driver's side welds removed from the mount and mount is slightly bent out to allow for
floor pan replacement.

Shifter to pivot bracket.

Pivot mount to linkage hole.

Camera sitting flat on rear mount looking at shifter mount.

Camera sitting flat on shifter mount looking at pivot mount.

I hope this helps, If not, let me know and I'll try to get you the pics you need.

4aThrill

Thankx 71_Charger_R/T :2thumbs:

I PM you too

4aThrill

MrSnicks

I'm in the process of doing this right now. These pics and measurements are a lifesaver!

Patrick

CDN72SE

I know it's an old thread but just wanted to say thanks, your measurements helped out when the body shop was installing my brackets.  :2thumbs:

1972 Charger SE

71_Charger_R/T

Good!  I'm glad to hear my old pictures helped another fine third gen back toward the road.  :2thumbs: Keep up the progress!

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE