News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW Dodge Daytona PROJECT car

Started by gtx6970, November 05, 2008, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

355101 also happened to be owned by some guy named Dewayne Liebrandt. Seems that guy had some sort of small collection of wings cars and up and sold them all to move overseas back in the late 1980's.

WINGR

Quote from: 69_500 on February 02, 2009, 08:29:28 PM
355101 also happened to be owned by some guy named Dewayne Liebrandt. Seems that guy had some sort of small collection of wings cars and up and sold them all to move overseas back in the late 1980's.

Hmmmm, sounds familiar.  :scratchchin:

gtx6970

I see this has been brought back to the surface.
I talked to the project Daytonas owner about 2 weeks ago. And NOTHING has been done with it or the thought to sell or not.
We usually meet up and have lunch with a few friends every other thursday. We talked breifly about me finishing his AAR / Hemi cuda project this spring . So he can ' finally' have a car completed .

I gave my 2cents and told him to sell it and move on, buy one done or close to it. He can afford a nice car and avoid the headaches. To those I've spoke to or emailed with I still have everything

69_500

Hmm, usually meet up for lunch on Thursday's huh? I think I can call in sick one Thursday, your not too far to drive for a good meal.

gtx6970

Danny,
Just let me know a couple days in advance and I'll see if he's in town or on the road.
The car is on the east side in Cincy about 2 minutes off I-275

gtx6970

Just to bring it up to date for those who've pm or emailed me both recently or in the beginning . No decision of any kind  has been made with regards to sell or not.

I talked to him maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago , IF ( the key word here is IF or WHEN ) sold it will NOT be sold or listed on Ebay in any way shape or form . it's gonna be word of mouth or nothing

To the ones who've expressed serious interest I'll pass on contact info IF it becomes avail

I am pretty sure the car sold new in Cincinnatti Ohio. I know the original owner is still in this area and owns a sheetmetal fabrication business about 2 miles from my house and believe he knows the car is still in the area

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: hemigeno on November 06, 2008, 09:52:33 AM
Dave, I'm pretty sure the one you're thinking of is one of Danny's dad's old cars - 355101.  It did sell then (9/2006) and ended up in Neosho, MO -- so I doubt it is the same car.  It popped up again on eBay this last July with a B-I-N/obo price of $575,000...   :eyes:
Wow, that's only one number off of mine!
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

69_500

Bill, I'm not that far away. Can make the trip in less than 2 hours. :)

I figured I'd run into you up here at the swap meet in Indy this weekend Bill.

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2009, 07:53:43 PM
Bill, I'm not that far away. Can make the trip in less than 2 hours. :)

I figured I'd run into you up here at the swap meet in Indy this weekend Bill.

Danny , I was there just not set up as a vender. I was shopping for parts for a local customer restoring a 1971 challenger. And th eonly thing I bought was a diecast car. lotso overpriced junk. I need a 1971 or 1972 340 intake and numerous people  tell me this is a max $100 manifold for a 71 , $75 for a 72 . closest I came was a rusty scally 1971 intake for $100 and ranged from $100 to $150 for a 72. I left at 1 pm

69_500

I was only there for about 45 minutes myself today. Figured you would have a swap spot there. They must have called me at least a dozen times over the past 2 weeks asking me if I wanted the same vendor space I had for the last 3 years. I declined each time.

451-74Charger

Only wish I had the $$$
I bet he wants way more than I could get for my 2 Transams
Pity, 'cause I work in Cincy, and live the better side of the river (KY) :P