News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MCG Rips on new owner of the old Carroll Beeler Bird

Started by Chris G., November 13, 2008, 06:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

charge-it

If the crew at MCG doesn`t like like it, too bad. Rob and the crew at MCG should have bought the car and spent their money the way they saw fit. I personally think what is happening to that bird is the right thing to do. Once the car was stripped down, it was a no brainer that the car was so deteriorated that nothing short of a full resto was in order. I applaud the new owner for putting out the resources to make this car like new and absolutely saving it from letting it slowly rotting away. I understand the nostalgia associated with that car but it was original before it was modified so it is being brought back to it`s as delivered original condition. It is MCG less than accurate way of reporting and attitude that has caused me to let me subscription expire over two years ago and not re-new it. Their word is not god in the world of Mopars.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Daytona Guy

Quote from: charge-it on November 18, 2008, 12:19:10 PM
If the crew at MCG doesn`t like like it, too bad. Rob and the crew at MCG should have bought the car and spent their money the way they saw fit. I personally think what is happening to that bird is the right thing to do. Once the car was stripped down, it was a no brainer that the car was so deteriorated that nothing short of a full resto was in order. I applaud the new owner for putting out the resources to make this car like new and absolutely saving it from letting it slowly rotting away. I understand the nostalgia associated with that car but it was original before it was modified so it is being brought back to it`s as delivered original condition. It is MCG less than accurate way of reporting and attitude that has caused me to let me subscription expire over two years ago and not re-new it. Their word is not god in the world of Mopars.

Well said - MCG is not an -ism.

nascarxx29

If that superbird would have had stable body and paint conditions from its retro day customize.Then you could make the case it didnt need to be tore into and preserved as a former show circuit car.It looks like the change was made to the car as it had body issues and customized ..What if the highly recognized Big Wille daytona gets changed back to regular looking 440 Y2 Daytona.Or the Diamante gets converted back to the first production Hemi Challenger conv made
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BPTRacing

Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 18, 2008, 12:53:53 PM
What if the highly recognized Big Wille daytona gets changed back to regular looking 440 Y2 Daytona.Or the Diamante gets converted back to the first production Hemi Challenger conv made

While I envy and idolize your EXTENSIVE aero car knowledege  :notworthy: that is
comparing Apples to oranges

You hit it on the head "Highly Recognized" - Two extensively modified, famous cars, famous owners, lots of publicity, news print, and public awareness.

VS.  a car with no significant modifications (other than two-tone paint and some valve covers   :buff:) known to a hand full of hardcore wingcar enthusiasts, in news print only AFTER it was taken apart. 

The Doug White/Beeler car is more well known now because of the MCG article than is ever was when it was actually on the streets before the article. Of course NOW the car has "history"! Increasing its value as a restored car, even without the old paint.

:2thumbs: Thumbs up to Doug and Justin who can take a car apart and make it famous! I take a car apart and all I have is a pile of parts! LOL

Scotty
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

nascarxx29

That superbird does not have a legendary owner or historic status as my examples :Twocents: It debuted on this site and with that and MCG and internet accelerated its recognition status..I dont dispute the resto wasnt needed.Wonder if this one will stay as was .Or go back
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49243.0.htm {Comment on this daytona sums it up}
WilliesDaytona

Re: Another Daytona on E bay
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:36:08 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man all these COOL NONRESTORED CARS coming out of the Woodwork, I wish I could hit the Lottery so I could buy all of them and make sure they don't get made into JUST ANOTHER RESTORED WING CAR..
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701