News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to Rent General Lee for Brothers Wedding (PGH, PA)

Started by bad88t-top, May 22, 2013, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Quote from: Fred on May 26, 2013, 12:47:30 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 26, 2013, 12:24:57 AM
Quote from: Fred on May 25, 2013, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2013, 08:58:16 PM
Quote from: Fred on May 24, 2013, 09:08:05 PM
Quote from: charge69 on May 24, 2013, 07:47:26 PM
You know, .................. this IS a tough crowd !  I do not have a GL or even live near you but,  I suggest getting that "rent a General Lee" out of your head.  Lots of things can happen on an 8 mile drive and most of them are bad.

If that is your nice black Charger in your avatar, Let him drive that one and be very grateful you have "any" Charger to drive. Most people here have Chargers in various stages of restoration and few are complete and driven. A nice and driven General Lee might be a little too much to expect. AND: just to clear things up, if I had a General Lee Charger and lived very near you I probably would not let your brother "rent or borrow" it for his wedding. Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening!

I have people asking me all the time if they could use mine as a wedding car. And I can do the driving. I always say no and they're astonished. I know they're thinking "what a prick" but like charge69 says.......... Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening! 

If your driving, what could happen ?  Don't forget about the drunk girls that sit up front with you.

Well, one of those drunk girls could throw up for a start. :eek2:
What happened to your sense of adventure?

Surely you don't think being thrown up all over is an adventure?   You need to get out more!   :smilielol:
Actually, that's the reason I try to stay home.  I hate being a designated driver.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 26, 2013, 12:49:44 AM
Quote from: Fred on May 26, 2013, 12:47:30 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 26, 2013, 12:24:57 AM
Quote from: Fred on May 25, 2013, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2013, 08:58:16 PM
Quote from: Fred on May 24, 2013, 09:08:05 PM
Quote from: charge69 on May 24, 2013, 07:47:26 PM
You know, .................. this IS a tough crowd !  I do not have a GL or even live near you but,  I suggest getting that "rent a General Lee" out of your head.  Lots of things can happen on an 8 mile drive and most of them are bad.

If that is your nice black Charger in your avatar, Let him drive that one and be very grateful you have "any" Charger to drive. Most people here have Chargers in various stages of restoration and few are complete and driven. A nice and driven General Lee might be a little too much to expect. AND: just to clear things up, if I had a General Lee Charger and lived very near you I probably would not let your brother "rent or borrow" it for his wedding. Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening!

I have people asking me all the time if they could use mine as a wedding car. And I can do the driving. I always say no and they're astonished. I know they're thinking "what a prick" but like charge69 says.......... Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening! 

If your driving, what could happen ?  Don't forget about the drunk girls that sit up front with you.

Well, one of those drunk girls could throw up for a start. :eek2:
What happened to your sense of adventure?

Surely you don't think being thrown up all over is an adventure?   You need to get out more!   :smilielol:
Actually, that's the reason I try to stay home.  I hate being a designated driver.

:smilielol:     I rest my case.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bad88t-top

Thanks for all the input guys.  For all of you that have seen my 70 its evident I don't molest my cars and I'm as anal as they come.  I'll be on the search all summer at the local cruises, Carlisle, and other mopar shows.  You never know, I may get lucky.  If mot hell be driving the 70 and ill take one of the others. 
Superbird would be pretty cool as well, I'll keep that in mind.   thanks guys...
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

billssuperbird

bull

This reminds me of my cousin's wedding when her groom-to-be discovered at the last minute that his ride to the wedding was dangerously low on gas. Even though I was only about 5 years old at the time I distinctly remember his ruffled tux and red face when he ingested about a cup of gas while trying to syphon some out of another car.

bad88t-top

Holy hell, so I'm dying up the Super Sport prior to leaving for a picnic and what drives by my house 3 times is the freaking General Lee.   crazy small world.
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

ACUDANUT

Quote from: bad88t-top on May 26, 2013, 10:08:30 PM
Holy hell, so I'm dying up the Super Sport prior to leaving for a picnic and what drives by my house 3 times is the freaking General Lee.   crazy small world.

Umm, What ?

Cooter

Quote from: bad88t-top on May 26, 2013, 10:08:30 PM

Yeah, tis weird how when you do not need one, they are everywhere.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"