News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Quote from: jb666 on January 15, 2009, 09:19:44 PM
Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2009, 09:06:45 PM
:shruggy: pictures ?    :shruggy:  tires ?  :shruggy:  tire pictures ?  :shruggy: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have pictures, but Jon took them, I didn't make it there tonight.. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, here are a few shots.. The old flange  :rotz: , new flange and the pile of rust....

Hey, these look kind of like BK's welds! I wonder if Jon might have gone to W... Oh, never mind.

Does this look like it came from a SANDBLASTED CAR?!?!?!?!

On a good note, thanks to someone on this forum I WILL HAVE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's what a PROPER weld looks like... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

"Cleaned up for legal purposes at the request of the owner of the car".

```````````PLEASE`````````````` If anyone has any questions about this PM JB666. `````````````````````````````````
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on January 16, 2009, 03:59:17 PM
"Cleaned up for legal purposes at the request of the owner of the car".

```````````PLEASE`````````````` If anyone has any questions about this PM JB666. `````````````````````````````````

Thank you, Steve. Some legal information came up that forced me to remove the latest bit of information that has unfolded.  I appreciate you pulling the information from the public eye. (FOR NOW)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on January 16, 2009, 04:13:21 PM
Some days I think I'd have been better off staying in bed.  :brickwall:
Man i thought i had gotten my self into nightmares , I feel for you dude.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2009, 04:21:33 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 16, 2009, 04:13:21 PM
Some days I think I'd have been better off staying in bed.  :brickwall:
Man i thought i had gotten my self into nightmares , I feel for you dude.

Yeah, you know, this really sucks. How people in the world can be THIS DISHONEST is beyond me. I couldn't sleep at night...

skip68

Thanks Steve.  :cheers:   I think from here on out we (you and I Jeff) need to continue this in private and just give updates and bumps when needed.    Chuck................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Lots of photos for us please on the progress and videos when it's all done. :icon_smile_big:

This very much reminds me of my hack job car that I own and bought in haste, but, it is what it is and I just plink at it when I can.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 16, 2009, 05:12:16 PM
Lots of photos for us please on the progress and videos when it's all done. :icon_smile_big:

This very much reminds me of my hack job car that I own and bought in haste, but, it is what it is and I just plink at it when I can.  :2thumbs:

Sorry to hear that Mike (Coronet?)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Will do, Mike!!

I went to Jon's last night. The car is really looking good. He's got the engine compartment looking GREAT (wiring, cleaning up, welding, etc...). The hood's off the car , which is good because I'm replacing it, and he's taking the 2 front fenders off this week.

I am SO ready for this whole nightmare to be over, but believe me when I tell you this, BK is NO WHERE NEAR done with his.

skip68

:scratchchin:  I don't think that you got the Happy meal from BK Jeff.  :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl:   Sorry folks.  :rofl:       This is one hell of a roller coaster ride that would make the strong puke.   I was just thinking about something that I was told from Mikepmcs in the past.  If the windshield is new, some may leak because the glass is not as thick so they don't seal good.   :shruggy:  You might want to check that,  If I'm wrong, Mike or someone please correct me.  :yesnod:   

dkn1997

Quote from: jb666 on January 17, 2009, 09:47:15 AM

Will do, Mike!!

I went to Jon's last night. The car is really looking good. He's got the engine compartment looking GREAT (wiring, cleaning up, welding, etc...). The hood's off the car , which is good because I'm replacing it, and he's taking the 2 front fenders off this week.

I am SO ready for this whole nightmare to be over, but believe me when I tell you this, BK is NO WHERE NEAR done with his.

Jeff, what hood are you using?  I ask because I just put an AMD hood on my charger and it's very very nice.  For 600 is was a bargain.  I even paid less because I ordered it through gunslinger and he gave me a discount off the amd website price. Sorry if the information was posted already.  I also used an AMD driver's fender and it's just as good.   I didn't have the heart to scan back and look.  I've read steven king books shorter than this thread...but not many that were more interesting or bloodcurdling!
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

Quote from: skip68 on January 17, 2009, 11:41:23 AM
  If the windshield is new, some may leak because the glass is not as thick so they don't seal good.   

Not wrong at all, but still looking for the thread on the correct answer.  Supposedly AMD has the correct glass but you would have to call them as the stock photo on the site doesn't tell you squat.

There are a bunch of threads on this and Mikedc has some good input but it appears he is still looking for the answer as well.  I'll keep looking but no matter because it opens up this question again and since this is just about the most followed thread, somebody is bound to know the answer and post it up here concerning this windshield conundrum.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46598.0.html

EDIT:    Bill has real good input on this thread below and a possible answer on the windshield and gasket along with contact info.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39986.0.html

tan top

installed my original windshield , with a  repop gasket  from year one ,  used  sealer  along the bottom  &  up the sides about 6/7 inches .. as per the FSM , (factory service manual) but also put a thin bead all round , if you don't put lots of sealer in the corners &  up the sides  6/7 inches ..it will leak , as the gasket just lays in place , .... a really bad design .... if you ask me ...

as for leaving the screen in that  was installed  when it came from BK ... not worth it ..every thing else has been wrong ..what  makes this any different  :scratchchin: .... sorry for sounding cynical .... but just look at their track record .... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

They have a track record?? I'd refer to it as a HACK record.  :yesnod:

As for the panels, they will be AMD panels. I've heard such good things about them as far as fit/quality.

Is the person a forum member here that gave you the discount, dkn1997?? I'll be ready to order the parts in the next 2 weeks.  :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the advice guys -- I will make sure attention is put into those areas.

Troy

Quote from: jb666 on January 17, 2009, 01:24:27 PM
Is the person a forum member here that gave you the discount, dkn1997?? I'll be ready to order the parts in the next 2 weeks.  :cheers: :cheers:
Nope, but he's a good guy and gives us discounts if you mention the site. Check out some of his other parts as well. Contact info is at the bottom:
http://gunslinger727.com

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on January 17, 2009, 01:52:57 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 17, 2009, 01:24:27 PM
Nope, but he's a good guy and gives us discounts if you mention the site. Check out some of his other parts as well. Contact info is at the bottom:
http://gunslinger727.com

Troy

Great!! Will do, thank you!!

Ok, check out some of these pictures. This is how BK professionally installed the decals and then put them under a coat of clear. I've seen decals buried under 6 coats of clear and 6 years later haven't lifted, but then, we all know it's in the prep... Here's how mine look after MONTHS on the car, and NO ONE has peeled these up. The decals on the roof even have overspray all over them, UNDER the clear..  :shruggy:

The flag is absolutely HORRIBLE!!

BK told me they had to slit the decal in the back because "all '69 Charger roof panels have a contour that a decal can't fit"  :brickwall:

Overspray:

Torn UNDER the clear:

skip68

Decals CAN FIT !  That is an out & out LIE .   :icon_smile_angry:   Those decals are the overlay ones and are harder to install.  You should get the ones from Pheonix Graphics.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:  Mine look great.   :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 17, 2009, 02:28:37 PM
Decals CAN FIT !  That is an out & out LIE .   :icon_smile_angry:   Those decals are the overlay ones and are harder to install.  You should get the ones from Pheonix Graphics.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:  Mine look great.   :2thumbs:

Well, when the car's repainted I'm having the shop paint the graphics on.. I know there are better quality graphics than this set, but these just look like butt.. TOTAL lack of prep and sloppy work.. Are you surprised?

skip68

Not really,  You would think that they could at least put on stickers.   :rotz:

mikepmcs

Holy crap, I've definitely seen it all now.  I know this was a weird post to actually floor me, but this last decal one just did it.  I cannot believe how bad they look.  Man, that is just terrible. 

What are you and the shop using for measurement information for the painted on set?

Mike