News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

And here's the email Chuck was referring to, from BK, where they offered me $4k towards my bill , but it came with a hitch...

On Dec 24, 2008, at 11:58 AM, BK Automotive LLC <bkautomotive@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Good morning. Lets get this thing done. I am not counting fender / hood or those things because they dont need it for what he did, your doing it is fine, but your building 8 times the car he was.

I'm added up myself what I would have spent and charged to do th same work (not quarters but the things we should have done) and I'm coming out at around $2k. of course, I wouldnt have been able to buy the sheet metal you did, so this isnt a perfect science. I know for your $7600 your doing alot of things that dont have anything to do with us, but lets just split the difference and I'll send you a check for $4000.00. I think that covers the window and trunk stuff that should have been done right here and leaves plenty leftover to make the nusance things like bolts and nuts feel better.

BK Automotive LLC
www.bkauto.net

But then he followed up with his demands...

We can do it this way I guess, I'll UPS over 2k on Monday first thing (I always use 2nd day air) and just let me know that you removed the post and I'll send the other? Seems safe for us both.

but I'll be out of town from the 31st until the 5th? i'll be back whatever that Monday is, 4th or 5th i cant remember, so if you dont hear from me in that time thats why. this is the only personal time off I get all year so I do take it. I gotta see family, get into church and get my head right for another year.

BK Automotive LLC
www.bkauto.net

So that's all his business is worth to him... My favorite BK quote (for today) is this one...

Now, anyone who spends enough time at the shop, or see some of the difficult projects we take on should know that I am not afraid of rust....

From here:

http://www.bkauto.net/1959%20Cadillac%20Ambulance.htm

No, he's not afraid of it. In fact, he LOVES it!!

teamroth

/
\
/
\
/
\

^^
The rope that BK Auto keeps hanging himself with. That is just unbelievable, again admitting that they didn't do the work! What a  :loser:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2009, 07:37:47 PM
Am I blind here or is he? The other guy spent big money to have the car done RIGHT for XXXXX and yet the car was slapt togother? before the poor guy gets it he has to sell it and then Jeff gets it for less what the other guy spent on it. Then Jeff finds all these problems when the car was pose to been fix/restored the right way from the get go. So for all the XXXXX that was spent, where did it all go to if almost none of it went for things on the car? :shruggy: . After seeing those two new posts this got me thinking now about Jeff's car. I mostly keep quite but for afew times in this thread as I'm trying to figure this out myself.

Don't feel bad, Jim.. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. How anyone can build a car like this and have the nerve to stand behind it and put their company name/tag on it. It's a complete joke. I know if I was running a business I wouldn't sleep at night knowing I was ripping people off like this. $70k, to almost anyone I know, is a LOT OF MONEY. But, to BK, this was the sign of a "cheapskate". What am I missing here?

General_01

Glad the numbers on the car came up A-OK. That is a relief. Keep after him. I think he is doing a wonderful job helping out your case against him.

Chuck, how fast do you think a cease and desist order will get to BK from C & C? What a tool. Putting stuff that is so easy to check up on in their bio. Won't be long before Chuck will need new tires. :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Jeff, the email I was talking about was when BK was talking to you about you breaking the laws and taking you to court.   :smilielol:   If you wanted to post about that that's fine. If not, that's fine to.  I guess by now we have built good credibility.   ;) 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cozmo

Hey Jeff and Chuck,
I'll come visit y'all in jail.   :lol:  Give em hell!  :2thumbs:

skip68

I'm going to trade Jeff for a pack of smokes and a phone call.  :yesnod:   That phone call will be to you Cozmo.  When you get that call, you will then know I am truly done.  :smoke:

jb666

Hey no one's going to jail here.. Hey Cozmo, you're in Texas.. You might be able to buy a business really cheap pretty soon. Check out the Government Seizure website  :shruggy:

General_01

Quote from: jb666 on January 12, 2009, 10:54:44 PM
Quote from: Stanleyart on January 12, 2009, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 12, 2009, 08:34:27 PM
Quote from: teamroth on January 12, 2009, 08:29:49 PM
JB, a small aside, you may want to add in the title of the thread bkauto.net, for a couple of reasons, when I google bkauto, I don't get this thread, and there are a few other bkauto's out there who I am sure would not want their names associated with this guy. Also I hadn't realized it before, but the real name of the company is Blackknight automotive llc, just a few thoughts, to maybe push this up on google. Just a few thoughts, hope it helps man, best of luck!

Good suggestion. I feel bad for the other businesses with this name, right now...

When I bring my website to the surface , it'll have enough key words that it'll be right there with BK's home page on EBay no matter how it's searched. This whole deal will be a black cloud over BK's head for a long time to come.  

I'll bet they wished they just agreed to repair the car when the deal was on the table.. Of course, they'll say they DID offer to fix it (if I shipped it to AND from them at my expense AND paid for all the materials). Good "deal" huh?

Of course, had the company sent you a written agreement stating their intentions, that would have helped too.

I do have that message somewhere, that he sent me via email.. Here's part of his "deal" though... You'll love this.  :lol:

----- Original Message -----
To: Jb666
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:24 PM
Subject: Re:

I dont need a rebuttal. I am being honest here, I was pissed beyond belief before because I thought you were just a jackass, making stuff up on purpose to make us look bad because you got screwed. Well, I apologise, because I see now thats not exactly the case.

you dont owe me an apology or a rebuttal or anything. I wish you might have went about it differently, but thats not here nor there now. You didnt do anything wrong to apologise for in my opinion, because you didnt know the truth about what he built and what you bought. I am positive you were told he spent 70k on a 1969 charger and expected a fully restored car, I would have. Its a shame if he advertised it that way, and its certailny a tough break for you, but a guy can have me paint a crappy car to look nice and put a $30k engine in it and advertise it as a $40k restoration, I have no control over what people do on thier own. but thats not what concerns me.

What matters most to me is just the truth. I need you to remove your current posting. That one I saw and any others you made that have the same theme of '$70k restoration BK screwed some guy on'. I dont mean you can put one up, please do. I would like to see the car tore down and rebuilt myself. What I mean is whats on there now is not only untrue, but technically what your saying is very illegal in all 50 states. Your not our customer, so you cant pass judgment in a way that could deter business from us on any work we did for someone else. its pretty black and white and by law if enforced you could be held liable for monetary damages caused by business we may loose by your posting. It has to do with the manner it is presented, I am sure you didnt know, look no sweat, just FYI stuff.

Yes, the TRUTH I am saying/posting/showing is "very illegal in all 50 states"  :smilielol: I can't pass judgement on a car they just built that still has their tags on it..

Sorry, but BK bolted this on my "freshly restored" car, not me!!

He posted it a while back Chuck. Here it is.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

Thanks, but that's not the one, there was another one.  :cheers:  In fact, I think BK has sent 20 to 30 emails to Jeff.  :rofl:  I'm not sure but it's a bunch.     

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 27, 2009, 10:51:33 PM
Thanks, but that's not the one, there was another one.  :cheers:  In fact, I think BK has sent 20 to 30 emails to Jeff.  :rofl:  I'm not sure but it's a bunch.     

Yeah, there are a lot. Each one with more BS in it than the last. This guy's got more lines than Disney Land on summer vacation.

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on January 27, 2009, 07:41:30 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2009, 07:37:47 PM
Am I blind here or is he? The other guy spent big money to have the car done RIGHT for XXXXX and yet the car was slapt togother? before the poor guy gets it he has to sell it and then Jeff gets it for less what the other guy spent on it. Then Jeff finds all these problems when the car was pose to been fix/restored the right way from the get go. So for all the XXXXX that was spent, where did it all go to if almost none of it went for things on the car? :shruggy: . After seeing those two new posts this got me thinking now about Jeff's car. I mostly keep quite but for afew times in this thread as I'm trying to figure this out myself.

Don't feel bad, Jim.. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. How anyone can build a car like this and have the nerve to stand behind it and put their company name/tag on it. It's a complete joke. I know if I was running a business I wouldn't sleep at night knowing I was ripping people off like this. $70k, to almost anyone I know, is a LOT OF MONEY. But, to BK, this was the sign of a "cheapskate". What am I missing here?

skip68

Good morning fellow readers.  :cheers:  Have you had your coffee ?  Well, since Wrigley's is the last of BK's claim to fame for me to contact I guess I'll just have to talk to them today.  :naughty: I'd like to see if I can find at least one TRUE customer and see if they are pleased.   Place your bets now.  ;)   I hope to post two quotes today.   ;)

skip68

OK, I called and spoke with the Volo Museum and BK DID in fact build a car.  :o   They built the George Barris replica "Coffin Dragster" a few years ago.  So, this is one thing that BK has been honest about and I want to make sure that it is known as we do our best to post nothing but the facts.  This changes nothing.  ;)

skip68

:yesnod:   In a way , I'm not surprised to see they have built something.  But, if they built 1 car or 10,000 cars it really has nothing to do with Jeff's car other than finding fault with BK's claims.   :cheers:  It's just something to do while we wait on the bigger things.  ;)

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on January 28, 2009, 12:25:06 PM
How can you make a GL and still have a factory car? :shruggy: That in it's self is a contradiction...

I'm not talking about the GL, I'm talking about the structure of the car. Frame rails, floors, trunk, SAFETY issues that were overlooked. Rotted gas tank brackets...

I don't care if this is Herbie The Love Bug it's still a car that came from a factory with standards and it was very clear that this car was going to be restored to 1969 Charger factory condition.

runningman

Quote from: jb666 on January 28, 2009, 12:37:42 PM
Quote from: captnsim on January 28, 2009, 12:25:06 PM
How can you make a GL and still have a factory car? :shruggy: That in it's self is a contradiction...

I'm not talking about the GL, I'm talking about the structure of the car. Frame rails, floors, trunk, SAFETY issues that were overlooked. Rotted gas tank brackets...

I don't care if this is Herbie The Love Bug it's still a car that came from a factory with standards and it was very clear that this car was going to be restored to 1969 Charger factory condition.

I agree, the General Lee is just some cosmetic additions to a factory vehicle.  Nothing more than paint and some decals.  The rest of this mess is unbelievable.... :Twocents:

skip68

If the car was not meant to be street legal, then why did BK admit that he drove the car at 65mph or so and it was fine ?   :shruggy:  This means that BK drove it on the road.  The other thing is street legal or not, this car was not safe for the street or private roads.  He advertised this car to be in good driving condition.   Besides, the tag is a general tag and says MAY not necessarily be "street legal".   :shruggy:  So what.   The car was not built right and that's the main issue.  I think.   Jeff, did you get the car registered ?  Or did Brian ?   If BK or anyone else thinks that this tag saying the car may not be street legal gets them off the hook for breaching a contract then you are wrong.   I have the description of the car in BK's own words and it DOES NOT match the car.  Just like the V.I.N. tag does not match the body.   Thank's for pointing that out captnsim, but it won't matter and we will not hide any mistakes if they are made.  We will correct them.  

jb666

There was no FACTORY GL. The car is a FACTORY 1969 Dodge Charger with Orange paint and a few stickers. You are completely missing the point on the safety issues along with the horrible bodywork/assembly. Find me a FACTORY GL and I'll sell my house to buy it, but considering the show was 1978 and the car was 1969, I think we know which came first, which was clearly stated in the contract "This car will be rebuilt to factory condition" = 1969 Condition.

skip68

Looking at all angles is good.  But, we must stay with what the real issue is.   :2thumbs:

skip68

That's why these shops get closed down.  :yesnod:   Not because people don't know cars but because these shops get in trouble for NOT doing the job they were paid for or breaking the law. Just like all the shops we have seen on the news over the years.   Do you think for one second that they could have said that the buyer knew nothing about cars and that the police or D.A. would say sorry and let them go ?    I think you mean well captnsim, but these type of shops are bad for everyone.   :cheers:   On a side note.  If BK new these cars should not be drivin and are not built to be drivin, then why would he even drive the car.  :shruggy:  Road test it.  :shruggy:  I don't care if BK was  paid to build a space shuttle.   If the contract said original body condition, then you better provide just that.  There is not one person that can say this car was built right. Even BK say's that.    :popcrn:

jb666

At this point it is very important to keep this train on the tracks. It's carrying some valuable cargo.