News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 29, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
Let's just see if I can get it in the Challenger now :o

I posted too soon, the car looks fantastic!!! You can just see the quality of their paint work in these pics.  No cut and buff needed. :2thumbs:
Need your permission to take pics of Jon's mount for the pushbar if possible? I need to figure out how I'm going to do mine.  :P

Mike, you'll be seeing the car up close and personal tomorrow. You can take pictures, measurements or anything else you need. It's an awesome setup and virtually invisible when the bar's mounted!! The best part? You can remove the bumper/grille with ease!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on May 29, 2009, 04:26:21 PM
Quote from: teamroth on May 29, 2009, 04:23:25 PM
Awesome Jeff!  I would say very soon you will be jumping creeks and running from the law! It really is amazing the work they have done.

I tell ya, seeing this in person really makes these pictures look bad. The paint is smooth as ice and deep like you can dive into it. I can now imagine how this is going to look while painted.. Especially with the "twist" we have planned. Nothing too 'out there', but it'll DEFINITELY stand out.  :coolgleamA: There will definitely be no other like it.

I'm thinking you guys are gonna put a twist on the decals :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 29, 2009, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: jb666 on May 29, 2009, 04:26:21 PM
Quote from: teamroth on May 29, 2009, 04:23:25 PM
Awesome Jeff!  I would say very soon you will be jumping creeks and running from the law! It really is amazing the work they have done.

I tell ya, seeing this in person really makes these pictures look bad. The paint is smooth as ice and deep like you can dive into it. I can now imagine how this is going to look while painted.. Especially with the "twist" we have planned. Nothing too 'out there', but it'll DEFINITELY stand out.  :coolgleamA: There will definitely be no other like it.

I'm thinking you guys are gonna put a twist on the decals :scratchchin:

DECALS??!! Bite your tongue!! We ain't usin' no stinkin' VINYL  :slap: , and yes, that's part of the twist, but not all of it  ;D

69bronzeT5

You know what I mean!!! I didn't feel like saying "01, Confederate flag and General Lee" :lol: :nana: Hey Jeff, I think after it's done...you should take it up to Tommy's house and do a big burnout in his driveway :D

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 29, 2009, 04:37:11 PM
You know what I mean!!! I didn't feel like saying "01, Confederate flag and General Lee" :lol: :nana: Hey Jeff, I think after it's done...you should take it up to Tommy's house and do a big burnout in his driveway :D

He's not worth the gas I'd burn.

RamchargerMopar

Its looking great so far but I am nervous about this "twist" you have in the works. Kenny Shepperd did a "twist" on his Lee from the show Rides and it makes me want to Barf. However after seeing where this car has been (grinder, Hell, and shame) anything would be good. I am exited and scared at the same time...can't wait to see the finished job.
Mopar or No Car!

MoparManJim

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on May 29, 2009, 07:55:45 PM
Its looking great so far but I am nervous about this "twist" you have in the works. Kenny Shepperd did a "twist" on his Lee from the show Rides and it makes me want to Barf. However after seeing where this car has been (grinder, Hell, and shame) anything would be good. I am exited and scared at the same time...can't wait to see the finished job.

Yea,  when he mention "twist" on the decals I was like  :o , you have a point about KWS car. I hope Jeff's car isn't like that. KWS's flag was good though. Jeff has come along way with this car where as others would have just thrown in the towel and said heck with it leaving yet another charger die (yet they complain about a certain show  :smilielol:) and yet they would have killed one them selfs. Jeff kapt on with the car and had the problems fix.  :cheers:

jb666

:rofl: :rofl: Don't worry, it's nothing like that, trust me.. The car will look good, and anyone that's a GL fan will appreciate it. And to be honest with you, it's something that you'll really need to be in front of the car to appreciate (not literally). But the graphics, while being painted on the car, will be based on the series car.

:cheers:

And you're right, I could have put this car through a wood chipper and it would have looked better.

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 29, 2009, 08:03:06 PM

Yea,  when he mention "twist" on the decals I was like  :o , you have a point about KWS car. I hope Jeff's car isn't like that. KWS's flag was good though. Jeff has come along way with this car where as others would have just thrown in the towel and said heck with it leaving yet another charger die (yet they complain about a certain show  :smilielol:) and yet they would have killed one them selfs. Jeff kapt on with the car and had the problems fix.  :cheers:

Thank you Jim !! Have faith, it won't disappoint. (well, it might disappoint those that hate General Lee's, but that's unavoidable)

mikepmcs

you have a PM RamchargerMopar (look up above where it says "my messages")

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 29, 2009, 08:04:07 PM
you have a PM RamchargerMopar (look up above where it says "my messages")

Mike -- You will (see and hear) all of the details tomorrow!!

topcat390

Hey Jeff, Tom here, thanks for the shout out. Kudos for sticking with the General and not bailing. Car looks awesome... can't wait to see it in person at a local show this summer.

69bronzeT5

RamchargerMopar

I know where the message thing is and I thought of responding but I will do it here instead. My OPINION of KWS's car is simply my OPINION and I stand by how I feel about the car. If he likes it that is great and fantastic and applaud the bold statement he makes with said car. But I am not going to change what I say about it simply because he is a member of this board and others will be "mad" that I said it. However everything else about KWS's GL is freekin bad azz.
Mopar or No Car!

69bronzeT5

I for one like his car :Twocents: But how about we not turn this into a fight about KWS' GL...this is about Jeff's GL! :icon_smile_wink:

jb666

Ok cool.. I can respect your opinion.. But with that in mind I am not altering the design/layout of the GL's graphics at all. I bought this car because I love the General Lee, not because I wanted to seriously alter it.. I just want to give it a few custom touches that make it "mine".

Then again, removing 972 lbs of Bondo did that, technically.

jb666

Quote from: topcat390 on May 29, 2009, 08:17:20 PM
Hey Jeff, Tom here, thanks for the shout out. Kudos for sticking with the General and not bailing. Car looks awesome... can't wait to see it in person at a local show this summer.

Hey Tom!!!!!! Glad you came over!!

Thanks for the comments, although I can't take too much credit for this build except writing the checks, and occasionally getting fitted for a new straight jacket!

Either way, we'll be seeing you around, and any time you're around on the weekend and want to take a ride you're more than welcome, cause God knows we'll never get Chris out of town.

TA70455

Sorry sped going to Wrentham tomorrow and sunday, Maine two weeks ago, and NED next weekend for Camaro Firebird Showdown. LOL 

TA70455

That's going to be an aweful expensive shipping bill sending all that Bondo back where it came from!  Car looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.  By the way, when is Chuck R installing the straight front axle? LOL

69*F5*SE

Yeah baby, I like what I'm seeing. Now were getting somewhere.   :2thumbs:

autodynamics

skip68

Very nice Jeff.   :drool5:    :2thumbs:      It is so cool to see the car getting to the end of this mess.  I think I can speak for all when I say that the way BK AUTO built your car was the worst that most have ever seen to hit the public eye.  I think it's great that some "Magazine people" and other Car guys just had to check out with their own eye's the kind of crap work that BK Auto did.    :smilielol:    :rofl:    But now it is getting done correct and you will have it home in time for M.A.T.S. next year.     :2thumbs:        Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

As a matter of fact, Chuck, I just bought some nice new MATS to go with my new carpet set.. I want the interior to look nice too.

Thanks for the tip  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

What an awesome day yesterday was... Here's a link to the thread with some pictures.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,57784.0.html

Anyways, I have a couple more pictures, I'll post them in a bit.. But for now I'm going to work in the yard and play in the pool  :nana:

jb666

Ok, I wanted to share a few pictures with you.. First off, one of the creative gurus at the shop likes to restore vintage bicycles in his spare time. This is a 1970 that he made his own set of wheelie bars. He likes to go to shows and swap meets demonstrating this cool ride.. This guy is a riot and definitely knows how to have a blast!!!! He's also huge into the motorcycle scene, and in one of the shots you can see one of the (few) choppers he's building.