News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I got a cool call tonight while I was cooking supper... A friend of mine owns a Dodge dealership here in town, and said he was checking this thread out. He said that the weekend I get my car home he wants me to call him, and that he'd empty his showroom for a photo-shoot.. Said he thought it'd be cool to take pictures of the General in his showroom and outside the main entrance/sign. He also said he'd make sure he had his Hemi Orange Challenger there that day.. Kind of an old/new thing. I thought that was pretty cool and I'm looking forward to it.

I think I'll be busy the first few weeks I have this back as I already have about 30 places to be  :lol:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

I want those horns for all the jerks making me listen to their booming bass. Don't get me wrong. I am a music lover and have jammed quite loud, but I don't turn it up to the peak and open my windows driving around. ESPECIALLY in a small quiet neighborhood.

I want to be able to BLAST them while sitting next to some jerk at a light that is invading my ear drums with his crap. I wonder just how much they will like it. 

I have been known to just lay on my horn and make them put up their windows.. Hahaha....  Once I was stopped at a red light on a 3 lane road. The guy in the middle of me and a full sized van was blaring and I started on the horn. The guy in the van got it immediately and he started blasting his horn too.  We were throwing each other thumbs up.. It was hilarious...

Back on subject now... Sorry.......
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TA70455

kyteler

Quote from: jb666 on July 13, 2009, 06:57:25 PM
Guess what someone just pointed out to me????????? The genus's at BK Auto mis spelled the first word on their shirt  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's Acquisition not aquisition  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wouldn't you think someone would proof read things like this before SHIRTS went into print??

Interesting and amusing!  Another mistake you'll make note of is the lack of punctuation between Restoration and Fabrication.  Perhaps though it's not a mistake as it's completely true that their restorations are entirely fabricated.  :icon_smile_wink:

So glad to see that despite the delays and problems along the way, things are coming along so well.  I'm stoked for you and eager to see a video of the final result cruising the streets piloted by what looks like a maniac with a smile from ear to ear.  Good stuff.

jb666

Quote from: kyteler on July 27, 2009, 06:29:08 PM

Interesting and amusing!  Another mistake you'll make note of is the lack of punctuation between Restoration and Fabrication.  Perhaps though it's not a mistake as it's completely true that their restorations are entirely fabricated.  :icon_smile_wink:

So glad to see that despite the delays and problems along the way, things are coming along so well.  I'm stoked for you and eager to see a video of the final result cruising the streets piloted by what looks like a maniac with a smile from ear to ear.  Good stuff.

Hey, thank you!! I just saw this now. You will definitely be seeing a cool video once the car hits the road.. As for the car, it's been one huge problem/delay since the day I bought it, but when it's done it'll all be worth it!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Just thought I'd mention this thread is now the top rated thread on the site based on number of replies. Has the highest reply amount! :2thumbs:

moparheater

jb666

Quote from: moparheater on July 30, 2009, 11:53:29 PM
This thread needs its own search engine!   :P

All I know is since this thread began I need a SHRINK.

I'm heading to the shop tomorrow. Bringing the seats to their upholstery shop to have the covers done the right way (BK kind of just loosely stapled everything together, it looks like trash bags slipped over lumps of coal).

It's good to be dealing with things like seats though, just another sign that things are coming to an end.

quapman

Other than the obvious "DRIVE THE CAR", what are you going to do with all your spare time and $$$ once the car is done?

Cozmo

Quote from: jb666 on July 27, 2009, 05:39:03 PM
I got a cool call tonight while I was cooking supper... A friend of mine owns a Dodge dealership here in town, and said he was checking this thread out. He said that the weekend I get my car home he wants me to call him, and that he'd empty his showroom for a photo-shoot.. Said he thought it'd be cool to take pictures of the General in his showroom and outside the main entrance/sign. He also said he'd make sure he had his Hemi Orange Challenger there that day.. Kind of an old/new thing. I thought that was pretty cool and I'm looking forward to it.

I think I'll be busy the first few weeks I have this back as I already have about 30 places to be  :lol:

Mrs. Cozmo wants to come and shoot some pics. She's a good photographer!  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quite a bit done today.... Just got back.

The car is 100% wet sanded and big C buffed out a large section so I could see what the FINAL PRODUCT would look like  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Anyways, LOTS going on in the shop. 11 cars in there today while I was there!!

I'll post pics later, I've had the weekend from Hell and I need to unwind a bit.

jb666

Ok guys, as I said, I stopped by the shop yesterday and loved what I saw.. The main man had been very busy wet-sanding this week. That was cool, but on top of it all there were some REALLY cool cars in the shop while I was there.. 11, to be exact.  This place is like a grown up toy store. Here are some shots.. The spot that was buffed out, to show the gloss, is hard to capture in a picture, but take my word for it, it looks awesome. It looks like "Orange Glass", is what comes to mind... I can't wait to see it all buffed out and starting to go back together!!!!!

Today I brought in all of the jute padding, carpeting and interior trim.. More signs of light at the end of this long tunnel!!

Sorry, this was the best I could do with the equipment I had with me...

TO BE CONTINUED.......

jb666

One thing that I forgot to mention too is that I dropped off the front/rear seats at the upholstery shop.. The seats were recovered, by BK, but you can imagine.. Old foam + new covers + staplegun = hack job....

Here are some of the cool rides sitting in there...

OK, Now I'd like a couple of the Hemi experts to look at these next two shots and tell me what DOES NOT BELONG on this motor...

I know I've posted pics of this car before, but I think it's really cool....

A 427BB Vette they are restoring..

And look, I'm in good company in here!!

jb666

Quote from: quapman on August 01, 2009, 06:47:07 AM
Other than the obvious "DRIVE THE CAR", what are you going to do with all your spare time and $$$ once the car is done?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore this...

Spare time and $$?? If this whole thing isn't over soon I'll be using my "spare time and $$" to hire a good divorce lawyer. Other than that, I have to get back on track with my original plan of getting the titles to my other vehicles in my hand...

skip68

:scratchchin:   If you're having trouble with the wife Jeff, I may be able to help you.    :coolgleamA:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

KS71owner

Dude this car is looking AMAZING! Please post a schedule of shows you'll be taking it to when its done....I HAVE to see this in person!

chargergirl

She's just as mad about you getting taken as you are. And the money having to go out, is a double hit. Let her vent. Take her to dinner and don't talk about the car...let her know how much you appreciate all she does...etc. Make it a nice long night with nothing to do with the car...this night will be cheaper than the divorce attorney. If that doesn't work it will be easy to meet chicks in the GL...lol.
Trust your Woobie!

jb666

:lol: You people never cease to crack me up  :lol:

Anyways, I got a call today from the lady at the upholstery shop. She starts out with "Well, I don't want to insult you, so let me ask you DID YOU PUT THESE SEATS TOGETHER?". I said "No, BK Auto did, why??".

She then says "Well , they are the worst things I've seen in a long time. They used universal thin foam for the entire back seat, and the fronts aren't much better". 

I shouldn't be surprised, but to learn that foam MEANT FOR A CAR wasn't even used actually did surprise me... Oh well, they are (like the rest of the car) being done right and will be returned to the body shop at the end of this week!!

Quote from: skip68 on August 02, 2009, 10:15:46 PM
:scratchchin:   If you're having trouble with the wife Jeff, I may be able to help you.    :coolgleamA:

You can't handle the one you've got, Chuck, what would you do with mine??

Quote from: KS71owner on August 02, 2009, 10:43:30 PM
Dude this car is looking AMAZING! Please post a schedule of shows you'll be taking it to when its done....I HAVE to see this in person!

You've got it.. once I get it back nothing's keeping me out of the scene.

tan top

GLs looking great Jeff :yesnod:  damn that dude has some hardware in his shop  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: tan top on August 03, 2009, 11:35:41 AM
GLs looking great Jeff :yesnod:  damn that dude has some hardware in his shop  :coolgleamA:

Yeah he sure does. It's an adventure every time I go into that shop, there are some awesome rides!!!!!!!!!!!!

69*F5*SE

Your Charger's going to look awesome Jeff.   :2thumbs:  Wish I was at that point with mine.  Ted

jb666

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on August 03, 2009, 01:15:48 PM
Your Charger's going to look awesome Jeff.   :2thumbs:  Wish I was at that point with mine.  Ted

Thank you, Ted!! Unfortunately, I can't take any of the credit for making it look the way it will/does... I leave that up to the people with the skillz..

jb666

I got another call from the upholstery shop tonight.. The hits just keep on coming. They said these seats were so badly butched they need more time.. Rusty frames, incorrect(worn) foam, ripped covers, bad dye (head rests). The list goes on.. I told them to take their time that I was in no rush and was looking forward to them looking perfect...

The comparison I heard tonight was funny.. "It's like falling on down the road and digging up your arms and legs, getting dirt and stones in your cuts and then just putting a bandaid on over it without cleaning out the wound".

But again, NOTHING surprises me with this car, all the way down to the upholstery job.