News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pete

It's sad, but I would estimate 3/4's of the restoration shops are "wreck-toration shops".  I know I've had my experiences.  What's really sad is that some of these clowns are convinced that they ARE fixing these cars.  

Sabre

Quote from: jb666 on November 07, 2010, 04:12:57 PM
Here's a quick 20MPH roll...

The car is insane.. This was only around 4lbs of boost. When Jon finallly got to open it up a bit more it almost put me through my seat into the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WcO3xfE_HI

here's a quick blip rolling from 30-60MPH in about 1.5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-_cDkOwY44

I remember an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard (Coy and Vance ep).  I believe it's "A little game of pool."  Anyways Boss wants the GL to use in bank robberies, so he hires two baddies.  In one scene the two baddies have a radar gun and are seeing how fast the GL's acceleration is.  The Dukes jump the GL and accelerate away, in which one of the baddies says basically that the GL went from 25mph - 55mph in two and a half seconds, saying that was the best time yet.  So it appears JB666 your General Lee is faster than the tv General Lee. :coolgleamA:

jb666

The car IS DONE AND READY for it's long winter's nap.. And will not come out until The World Of Wheels...

It's been wetsanded, buffed, polished, and polished some more.. It looks INCREDIBLY DEEP!!

Ready to go in...

A few underhood minor details taken care of (paint).

Taped up and ready to wet-sand..

Sanded...

Buffed...

And 11 hours of non-stop work later, ready for me to take him home!!

Today, the tail light cover that I won on EBay arrived. I was shocked at it's condition.. Fits like a glove...

See you in the Spring!!

charger01

You guys hear this?  The car is done?  Not buying it. :drool5: :icon_smile_big:  Looks killer

FLG

Looks great Jeff!

Charger01, i know for a fact the damn thing isnt done.  :slap:

I re-read what Jeff posted...he said "Its done for its winter nap" which in that case it might be for now LOL

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: FLG on December 10, 2010, 01:58:53 AM
Looks great Jeff!

Charger01, i know for a fact the damn thing isnt done.  :slap:

I re-read what Jeff posted...he said "Its done for its winter nap" which in that case it might be for now LOL

Hey, who asked you??  :slap: I'm done!!!!!!!!!! maybe....

472 R/T SE

No one sits in the back seat anyways, might as well tub it.   :icon_smile_big:

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 10, 2010, 09:24:26 PM

Why didn't I think of that  :icon_smile_big:

We actually had discussed mini-tubs, but it's gone to far to rip everything out and tub it now... And, believe it or not, once in a while my daughter does ride along with us, so I need to keep the back seat in place  :lol:

chargergirl

Quote from: jb666 on December 11, 2010, 08:39:48 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 10, 2010, 09:24:26 PM

Why didn't I think of that  :icon_smile_big:

We actually had discussed mini-tubs, but it's gone to far to rip everything out and tub it now... And, believe it or not, once in a while my daughter does ride along with us, so I need to keep the back seat in place  :lol:
Just one kid...could tub big time... :D
Trust your Woobie!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on December 11, 2010, 10:21:59 AM
You know there are other reasons to keep the back seat.   

:rofl: Have you seen the bars in my car?? you'd have to be a contortionist  :smilielol:

I have three small letters................ EFI..... That's the only thing I can think of being on my horizon...

c00nhunterjoe

Couple of wheel\tire questions for you.

1- what size tires front and rear?
2- what width rims?
3- what is the offset\backspace on your rims?

Thanks!!

jb666

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 11, 2010, 06:09:56 PM
Couple of wheel\tire questions for you.

1- what size tires front and rear?
2- what width rims?
3- what is the offset\backspace on your rims?

Thanks!!

I'm running 245's up front on 15X8" rims and 275 ET Drag Radials on the rear on 15X10" rims. The rims are American Racing Vectors, and to be 100% honest with you I'm not sure of their offset, sorry.

I hope that helps  :cheers:

FLG

Quote from: jb666 on December 11, 2010, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: skip68 on December 11, 2010, 10:21:59 AM
You know there are other reasons to keep the back seat.   

:rofl: Have you seen the bars in my car?? you'd have to be a contortionist  :smilielol:

I have three small letters................ EFI..... That's the only thing I can think of being on my horizon...

You could always use some hand cuffs on those bars... :lol:

Told you he wasn't done yet.

c00nhunterjoe

Yes, that helps thanks. I have 15x8.5's for all 4 corners and not sure how wide to go up front. Its between 245 and 255 60's. What torsion bars are you running? I want to get my front end up but my bars are near the max on the adjusters. I like the level stance you've got going.

ionracer24

Scratches his head and wonders......... :ahum: why aren't there any burn out videos???   :shruggy:
Real race cars have three pedals......

FLG

Quote from: ionracer24 on December 13, 2010, 02:09:18 AM
Scratches his head and wonders......... :ahum: why aren't there any burn out videos???   :shruggy:

Cuz Jeffs a wuss!

The70RT

Quote from: FLG on December 13, 2010, 03:01:47 AM
Quote from: ionracer24 on December 13, 2010, 02:09:18 AM

Cuz Jeffs a wuss!

He just buffed & polished....he could put on some mud flaps though  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargergirl

Handcuffs, roll bars, and buffing oh my! No burn out videos...hmmm...must be reeling from the finish of the project...let's give him till the snow melts...hit the track in spring/summer!
Trust your Woobie!

jb666

jb666

hollywood1336

If there's anyone out there looking for a car to buy, watch out for the guys at Texas Toy Box. They will have you thinking you are buying a gem and you'll end up with a rock. It's a Father and son business, the father Ray, answers the phone and, the son is supposed to be a mechanic. They are both a couple of con artists and rip off merchants. A word of worning if you are thinking of buying something from them.